Need Help on how much you can eat lol

Bambino

So I have started SW today and ive browsed others food diaries and they look very sparse to me, i have quite a big appetite and thought you could just eat free foods galore , bit naive i suppose, i mean its obvious i suppose you eat, you dont lose weight i suppose, i stocked my cupboards and fridge yesterday, lean meat, veg and fruit, potatoes, tinned toms, spaghetti hoops, batchelors savoury rice, low fat noodles, mushy peas, muller light , etc.. is there anyone that eats quite a lot and has a reasonable weekly weightloss out there? oh btw breakfast for me was poached eggs, thin sliced no fat bacon and small tin spaghetti hoops..is that a bad b/f? help me please ♥:help2:

You can eat free foods until you are satisfied. Don't worry - don't go hungry! If you are hungry eat it.
That breakfast is fine, except I would say make sure you get a third superfree food with it, maybe tomatoes or mushrooms instead of the spaghetti.

There is no limit to the amount you eat.

The only thing you should remember is that you eat when you are hungry and stop once you are full.

Reading other peoples food diaries is a great way to get IDEAS of what people are eating - but not QUANTITIES!!

As we are in the fortunate and enviable position of NOT HAVING TO WEIGH foods, when we imagine other peoples meals, we cannot KNOW how much they are eating (Unless you find someone who photographs their plates).

eg. If I listed chicken, green beans and potato as a meal - you might think - one drumstick, 8 green beans and 1 small potato. However it might mean - 2 chicken breasts, one packet of green beans, and 500g of potatoes. There is just no way of knowing!!!

I was thinking the same as jaylou.

As for portions, I'm guilty of making a SW recipe for four and not freezing the other portions for later in the week. (Must try harder!)

I do however tend to weigh pasta and rice just to get the portion sizes right, whatever it says on the packet. As for mash, I can never seem to get this right. Either too much, or worse not do enough! :eek:

Definitely eat as much as you need for your appetite. To be honest, if everyone elses diaries are like mine they do look sparse because for all free things there's no real need to say how much you have, eg a day for me might look like this:

Breakfast- Egg, beans, potato, tomato
Dinner- Veggie chilli and jacket potato. Yog
Tea- Pasta, peas and sweetcorn and cheese. Carrots
Snacks-fruit, milk, weetabix, hot chocolate (syns)

When really if you want me to write things with quantities it'd look like this:

Breakfast- 2 Eggs, 3/4 of a tin of baked beans, 4 sliced new potatoes, one big tomato
Mid morning coffee made with skimmed milk
Dinner- A huge pile of veggie chilli and jacket potato. Yog (1/2 of a large pot), possibly with raspberries, I forgot to write the raspberries down as they were free!
Mid afternoon- weeabix made with hot water in a mug with a splash of milk
Tea- Large serving of pasta, large handful of peas and handful of sweetcorn and 42 g of cathedral city lighter cheese. 4 Carrots
hot chocolate (syns) made with skimmed milk
Snacks-2 apples, 1 banana, half a melon, 3 kiwis, more raspberries

Hope that helps!

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
I was thinking the same as jaylou.

As for portions, I'm guilty of making a SW recipe for four and not freezing the other portions for later in the week. (Must try harder!)

I do however tend to weigh pasta and rice just to get the portion sizes right, whatever it says on the packet. As for mash, I can never seem to get this right. Either too much, or worse not do enough! :eek:

Are you meant to weigh pasta and rice? If so, I've been doing it wrong. I started SW yesterday and I must say that I am starving. I am doing the e easy plan and I am making sure that I have a third of my plate full of superfree foods.

pamsie said:
Are you meant to weigh pasta and rice? If so, I've been doing it wrong. I started SW yesterday and I must say that I am starving. I am doing the e easy plan and I am making sure that I have a third of my plate full of superfree foods.

No, no need to weigh free foods as long as your getting your 1/3 superfree.
The biggest attraction to slimming world for me and a few others on here is you never have to go hungry. As long as you have 1/3 superfree and only eat until you are satisfied you can eat as much as you like and still lose weight. Trust the plan, it really does work.

If you're starving you're not eating enough!

I often think this when looking through others diaries too - i have a ginormous appetite, but unfortunately for me i'm greedy and don't have a full switch either. I'm getting better at identifying whether i'm hungry with my eyes, my head or my tummy - but when i'm hungry, i eat till i feel full. I did last time i had SW too and my portions were big (a row i often have with hubby) and i lost weight every week. Until your weight loss stops, i wouldn't worry. Eat till you're satisfied, just make sure you're aware of your syns and your 1/3 superfree x

I often think this when looking through others diaries too - i have a ginormous appetite, but unfortunately for me i'm greedy and don't have a full switch either. I'm getting better at identifying whether i'm hungry with my eyes, my head or my tummy - but when i'm hungry, i eat till i feel full. I did last time i had SW too and my portions were big (a row i often have with hubby) and i lost weight every week. Until your weight loss stops, i wouldn't worry. Eat till you're satisfied, just make sure you're aware of your syns and your 1/3 superfree x

I do wonder if this is why I've slowed down a lot? Not reducing portion size?

ive just started too and i am really bad at overfilling my plate and it was always drummed in to me to clear my plate as a child so my tip (smaller plate) even if you cram it full it will still be a smallish portion it tricks my mind as my plate always looks full. or i work on the theory small fist sized portion of meat fist sized portion of carb ie pasta rice etc and fill up on free foods and if i crave a pud muller yog or fruit #

I do wonder if this is why I've slowed down a lot? Not reducing portion size?

If your stats are right you're into the last stone or so? They always say that this is the hardest.... to me personally, if you're still losing i wouldn't change anything - it only makes it harder than it needs to be. As long as it's going down you'll reach target, i'd rather enjoy the journey if you know what i mean.

If it bothers yo, try maybe just making more of the plate superfree so that it's naturally lower in calories etc if you know what i mean? x

I wish? That target on the left is more of a mini challenge to myself.

Target? ..... More like 14st 7lbs ish, well atm anyway. That's working it out on body fat. But I'll see when/ if I get to that point.

As for 1/3 of plate, last night half the plate was sprouting broc and carrots. So I'm getting something right.

I wish? That target on the left is more of a mini challenge to myself.

Target? ..... More like 14st 7lbs ish, well atm anyway. That's working it out on body fat. But I'll see when/ if I get to that point.

As for 1/3 of plate, last night half the plate was sprouting broc and carrots. So I'm getting something right.

I said that too - i've set a target at 10 stone but i'm more concerned with my size, i just want to fit comfortably into a size 12 pair of jeans without a muffin top :p

Mmm, i love broccoli - tenderstem is my favourite :)

If you have problems with portion sizes, make the amount you normally would do and put half on your plate, eat it and wait 5-10 mins. If youre still hungry, have a bit more and then wait another 5mins. When youre full, pop the rest in the fridge for lunch the next day

Thankyou so much all for getting back to me, it helps a lot, ive been up 6hours, i had bacon medalions tin tomatoes and 2 poached eggs today and im really hungry was trying not to eat anything till later, think i might try the quorn sausages , never had quorn before :O

Back