Need help please ref training for a 10k run

MissC77

I have been on Cambridge SS+ then 810cal program and in 3 weeks I lost 11lb.

The thing is now I need to get back into training for my 10k race for life run that I'm doing for my mum whos recently been diagnosed with cancer. 4 weeks ago I was running 8k twice a week.

Today I had a normal meal at lunch with carbs (cottage pie with broccoli) and ran 3k non stop tonight.

I'm thinking.... am I better off changing back to SW which I spent a couple of months doing before (couldn't keep up the regular meetings tho due to shifts at work)

Please any advice......??

I know some people do exercise on VLCD, but in my opinion you'd probably be better doing something like SW which gives you proper food if you're going to be doing lots of high intensity exercise like running. Slimming World works if you follow it, so coupled with lots of exercise can only be an even better thing. My friend followed SW while she was training for the marathon a couple of years ago, and the weight just fell off.

Is it once of the cancer research 10k runs you're doing? I did one a couple of years ago and am doing another in Oct, but desperately need to get in shape before then!

If you are on a VLCD I'd suggest that you are in a pretty bad position running wise to achieve your best time and be getting everything you need to recover and build muscle.

I don't know what sort of time you are looking for, or if you are just wanting to get round but not eating enough calories to have sufficient energy to burn them will result in it being much harder.

I am doing SW at the moment to shift the last few lbs, and I am running in 10k races a lot. The one thing that I struggle with is cereals, I am not going to be able to run 18km on 28g of porridge, fact. So if I have a race or a long slow run I just eat as much cereal anyway.

SW will be good to eat carbs/protein/fat in balance, and will help your overall training and especially recovery.

Good luck!

Back