Need Help

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by amersham, 25 July 2010 Social URL.

1. amersham

amersham Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    have been taking xenicol for 3 weeks without any side effects. Lost 5lb in the 1st week, put two on the "nd and look as though have only lost 1lb this week. Could someone please give me advice on what I am doing wrong. Eating loads of mullerlights, using fry light and quorn and lots of fruit, veg and salads. Need help

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Sounds like youre eating pretty healthily, are you following a proper diet in conjunction with the tablets? If youre not having side effects youre doing it right :)

4. amersham

amersham Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    Yeh, eating is great. Clothes feel looser and people commenting on how they think I've lost weight, just not showing on the scales. Know when I go back to the doctor in two weeks, the scales arw what he will look at.

thanks for the support

5. Alex_1978

Alex_1978 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(49.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Xenical until March 2011 then Weight Watchers, now Exante (from 4/9/11)
    Hi there :)
    This is just a thought, but maybe week two was a just a bit of a 'blip'? Is there something you did in that week, that may have caused you to gain weight, rather than lose? (meals/drinks out, extra snacks, feeling constipated etc. etc!) Because 5lbs in your first week, and 1lb so far this week are good weight losses.
    As Starlight says, if you're not getting any side effects, you're obviously following the fat rules correctly, but don't forget that you can still consume far too many calories without over-indulging in fat (alcohol is a prime example, as are sugary treats)
    Maybe try posting your food diary on here for people to have a look at, or try tracking your fat/calorie consumption on MyFitnessPal.com for a few days to see if there's anything going wrong.

Try not to get disheartened though, you're doing brilliantly overall - it just might be something really small that needs sorting out, and then there'll be no stopping you :)

A x

6. amersham

amersham Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    Thanks for that, might try the fitness pal. I don't drink alcohol, as have a lot of tablets for chronic asthma. Really appreciate people taking the time to reply, it boosts your spirits a lot

Dawn xx

7. Blue Butterfly

Blue Butterfly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(22.45%)
    Are you drinking enough water? At least 2 litres a day, I have found that if I don't then it really affects my losses.
    Also do you exercise at all? As doing any exercise will help with weight loss.

Well done on your loss so far, keep at it and you'll do great.
    x

8. amersham

amersham Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.94%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    Try to exercise, but is difficult with my asthma. will try to increase my fluid intake. Thanks for that

Dawn xx

9. Alex_1978

Alex_1978 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(49.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Xenical until March 2011 then Weight Watchers, now Exante (from 4/9/11)
    You are more than welcome - we're all here to support each other on this forum :)

So it won't be alcohol then if you don't drink! (if only I didn't - I'd be a size 10 by now! :eek:). AS BB says, make sure you drink plenty of fluids (I drink water throughout the day with no added sugar squash, and it really does help).
    It sounds as though you're eating the right kinds of foods, so if nothing stands out when you try MyFitnessPal, maybe it's just a case of waiting to see how things pan out over the next couple of weeks. Sometimes when I've had a big loss, things do stall for a couple of weeks and then it starts shifting again.
    Let's hope it's the same for you!
    x

10. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    this cracks me up!!!!

lol

i find me drinking loads really helps, so i will second that...

are you generally moving about more (not so much in the form of exercise,) but are you getting out and about more.
    as if you have gone from a couch potato (that was me) to just getting up and out more it will have an effect.

try not to worry.... as stress also can affect your losses (really need to take my own advice more...)

find exercise, that doesnt get you out of breath but can get your heart rate going...
    something as simple as stepping up one step and back down for a couple of mins will always help...
    :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.