Need low cal lunch ideas!

laurenmXD

Heyyy guys :)
I am struggling to find different ideas to have for my lunch.
When i wasnt dieting i was used to having sandwhiches everydayy, and as bread as quite a lot of caloires in which could be used productivley somewhere else i would like to step away from bread and try something different.
I just dont know what, So any ideas or lil tips would be much appreciated.
Thankyou :D x

What about jacket potatoes, or swapping bread for ryvita. I also eat a lot of soups. They fill you up and you can get so many flavours you can't get bored.

Im eating quite alot of soup now, im eating the eat smart soups there really really nice and quite low in calories. thanks

i had a sandwich for lunch today and it was the guts of 300 calories, barely hit the sides!!! and the prepacked ones are even worse ranging from 400 to 800 calories! scary stuff.

Soup is good and you can bulk make it. I like scrambled eggs with some ham or whatever chucked in. very low cal and very filling xx

These are ones I can think of/have

HM soup
Oat so simple
Salad with eggs/tuna/ham
Jacket potatoes beans/tuna
Omlette
HM egg fried rice
Pasta arrabiatta

I found a lot of slimming world lunch suggestions are pretty low cal, well the homemade ones anyway...the pasta n sauces etc aren't

I am currently using the slim fast shakes, but am effectively calorie counting as I sub the shakes sometimes for real food.

Home made soup is the best thing I can think of, if you have access to a microwave at lunchtime.
If you use swede not potato, then it's even healthier. Plus it's really easy ^.^

I use ready meals a lot as I need a decent meal or I hit the cupboards around 3ish! I'm trying to make more stuff myself recently though and I've found omelettes are frankly awesome!! You can shove sooooooo much veg in them and then a handful of salad with it and it's a seriously hearty lunch!! Soup rarely floats my boat :(

I've substituted sandwiches for sushi and fruit. A pack of sushi is normally only 135 cals and fills me right up :) x

I had a delicious lunch today- 1/2 tub of sainsburys carrot and corriander soup (89 cals and sooooo creamy!) and a ham salad with rockett red onion and an extra light honey and mustard dressing! filling, healthy and delicious! all for approx 250 cals!!

I have weight watchers wrap (107cals per wrap) tesco thin honey ham (4 slices adds to 48cals) which fills the wrap then light mayo or salad cream cals depend on how much you use + salad - its quite filling and in total is less than 200 cals.

I have weight watchers wrap (107cals per wrap) tesco thin honey ham (4 slices adds to 48cals) which fills the wrap then light mayo or salad cream cals depend on how much you use + salad - its quite filling and in total is less than 200 cals.

This sounds like a fantastic idea! I'll have to try it :) Might have to add a bit of cheese too :D

Like most people said soup is a good idea. I like cracker breads rather than bread I use ryvita, Melba toast and Finn crips for Lower calorie alternatives and top it with tuna/Philly/ham/low ft homous etc. salads a good lunch too and whole wheat couscous, whole meal pasta or rice and you can put anything you want In it veg wise. I like to try and vary my lunches because I get bored easily x

I love a salad, made with loads of salad veg then tuna/ham/chicken/feta for protein & beans/couscous/bulger wheat/rice for carbs - I often cheat with a fresh bean salad as I LOVE it!

Wrap with houmous & roasted veg

As before soup, soup & more soup!

Lazy days - cuppa soup & micro rice

also vouching for soup: baxters healthy soups are usually around 160cal for a whole tin and they are really nice, contain two of your five-a-day to boot!

i love my ryvita and my longley farm cottage cheese yum yum i use to love bread loads of it now i only have it if having toast and only 1 or 2 slices a day which is only 3 times a week

Mini pot of reduced fat humous, 2 mini pittas and a couple of babybel do me! I normally try to have a nice big breakfast around 10 and then have my lunch around 2-3 so I don't get those mid-afternoon cravings

i love my ryvita and my longley farm cottage cheese yum yum i use to love bread loads of it now i only have it if having toast and only 1 or 2 slices a day which is only 3 times a week

I moved to London a few years ago and I can't find Longley farm cottage cheese anywhere!! Where do they stock it?!

hi minimins thats the only one i will have asda and sainsburys aand morrisons sell longley farm cottage cheese

I love Mountain Bread with low fat natural yogurt, garlic mixed in and chicken breast and baby spinach leaves. Yum!

Back