Need Motivation... Tell me what is great about losing weight....

Gingery

Hi, I'm a big size 16 and my aim is to get back into a specific pair of jeans which are a solid 14.
I joined Body optimise in August last year and I just haven't been following it properly. When I have I have lost weight (about half a stone that I have probably put back on but I'm scared to weigh myself)

I really want to lose weight but just can't kick start myself properly

Will you share the great feelings you have had and things that have happened that have made it feel really worthwhile to you?

Also, what's this image therapy I'm missing out on?

http://www.minimins.com/members/26146-albums2918-picture17383.jpg

Hopefully you can see this picture, but these were my first weigh in trousers and the only thing I have kept. When I am feeling fedup and down with the whole SW thing I get these out and put them on, just to say to myself LOOK THIS IS HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME! does it really matter that a) you not quite in target again yet? b) that I didn't loose weight last week even tho I was 100%?

Image therapy is when you stay to group and discuss how your week has been, and congratulate people that have lost, sts or gained, just being there is good too!!

Helen xxx

Last edited:
That's amazing Suplizi! You have done amazingly well. Really motivating!

great pic :) well done

For me losing weight means I will hopefully spend the rest of my life in good health, I've minimised the risk of, heart disease, diabeties, high cholestrol, high blood pressure.............. the list just goes on.

It also means when I look in the mirror I see the clothes I am wearing look good, they hang nice & I feel I look my best all the time, I also feel sexy:rolleyes: when I dress up & go out with OH.

Gingery said:
Hi, I'm a big size 16 and my aim is to get back into a specific pair of jeans which are a solid 14.
I joined Body optimise in August last year and I just haven't been following it properly. When I have I have lost weight (about half a stone that I have probably put back on but I'm scared to weigh myself)

I really want to lose weight but just can't kick start myself properly

Will you share the great feelings you have had and things that have happened that have made it feel really worthwhile to you?

Also, what's this image therapy I'm missing out on?

I could sit here and give you all the reasons (which i'm sure you really know) that it's great to lose weight, but the only person who can really help you at the moment is you.

I've been there, i still sometimes slip and forget (which is why I recently restarted SW 7lbs heavier than when i fell off the wagon. At the moment i'm very motivated; i want to be able to run for a bus, to walk around all day without my feet killing me, to wear a pair of killer heels and dance all night, to hopefully beat my family's record of dying young, to be able to stop taking medications, to be able to walk into a shop and buy clothes because they're pretty rather than because they're all that fit, I'd like to have kids in the future and I want to be able to play in the park with them. I also have a skirt that i used to love wearing, it made me feel good when i wore it, sexy and smart, i want to wear that again........it's currently hanging on the outside of my wardrobe door where I can see it everyday.

That's just some of my reasons, you'll have your own reasons...........and those are the ones that will motivate you the best. Try to make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight, then write a list of all the things stopping you from losing weight. What is it at the moment that is stopping you feeling motivated? It's great that you've got something you're aiming for, it's definitely the first step.

Good luck. HUGS.

for me its getting off the bp tabs - been off them for four months now,
not smoking,
feeling comfortable in my skin - still got a ways to go but i am getting there

Gingery said:
Thanks Guys, I need to have a good think about what is stopping me from starting to do this in earnest:cry:

You'll find your reason hun.

We're always here if you need a sounding board.

Hugs

for me, it's dropping from a size 30 to a size 20, i love the way, some people have walked past, and then came back and said sorry i didn't know it was you. The best part is the 45-60min walking i do every day with the dog:D

For me it is about feeling like me again & wearing the clothes I want to wear rather than what fits. Its about having the energy to run around after the kids all day without feeling tired & being a good role model for my girls by leading a healthy lifestyle. I could go on with lots of reasons to carry on losing but for me these are the main ones.

Good Luck x

For me it is just knowing that one day i wont look like mr blobby anymore (oviously not yellow and pink hehe) and that my thighs are on their way to being smaller than my bfs!!

For me its 2 reasons:

1) I can promote a healthy attitude towards my 2 year old daughter and not feel self consious when i take her swimming etc.

2) I LOVE shopping but i hated always having to try and find the biggest size in the high street shops (a size 18) and feeling "relieved" when something fitted me. Now at a size 14 (sometimes still a 16) i love being able to go in somewhere and KNOW one of the 2 sizes will fit!! xx

I have been overweight for most of my adult life and as i approach 40 i want to be happy in my skin and not be the biggest person everywhere i go. just 2 reasons out of many.

I lost weight nearly 2 years ago and got to the point where I could buy nice lacy M&S bras which I used to wear under my uniform with a secret smile on my face:p (I worked in a hospital) I got to the stage where I could wear any 16 and felt ok walking round in my underwear (at home!) Then I got ill and put some of it but not all back on. :eek: But I'm back on my way down and can't wait to feel good in my summer clothes , which will be a 14 this time. (and for ever!)

Back