Need new scales...

babaloo

My scales are playing tricks on me...When I set it to stones and pounds I'm 13stone 11 but when I change it to pounds and kg I'm 13st7. Which one is true? So I decided to wear myself at the doctors and I was 87kg which is 13st 7.

Can anyone recommend me a reliable scales that I can buy?

Best wishes,

L x

(By my calculations, 87K is actually 13 stone 9.5lbs...) In any event, different scales will always weigh us differently. I expect also it was a different time of the day, and you were dressed at the doctors.

Can't help otherwise cos not in the right country!

Google calculator said 87 kilograms = 13.7001549 stones. Nevertheless, I weighed myself 3 times on my scales and it says different readings- was at the same time, no clothes and before food

It's the .7 - that's a metric decimal, but there are 14lb in a stone. 0.7 of 14 is 9.8, or to round up 10lb.

So you have to calculate it yourself - this is my lot each time before coming to you guys and weighing in. My scales only do kilos.

87K x 2.2 = 191.4
13 stone x 14 = 182
Therefore 191.4 = 13 stone 9.4lbs

So maybe your scales are ok after all?

I'm a real cynic re body fat as you can make it say whatever you like depending on the time of day you do it, and how much you've drunk. OK they say to do it at the same time of the day, but first thing we've a totally different body fat reading to the afternoon when hydrated, so I remain sceptical. Also, I read somewhere that pear shaped people get weird readings also. That's me :)

Aren't we wonderful? We give free maths lessons, cookery, relooking (I'm currently helping a French online friend who's never ever ever blowdried her hair in her life and still has the long boring ponytail she's had for years and is considering now she's lost weight cutting it off!!)... bathroom DIYing... Mouse gives chicken training classes. Vicky list making... Scrumps chicken cooking...

Back