Need Refeed advice....Liptrim ignoring my emails!!

monkey30

Determined and motivated!
Hi guys,
Was looking for some advice on the following…
I'm due to refeed in a few weeks, and I was wondering when the following dairy foods can be added to the diet:
Eggs
Low fat cottage cheese (plain)
Low fat yogurt
Extra low fat Philadelphia
Soft cheese spread with garlic & herbs
Hard cheese
In addition to these foods, are there any guidelines on the following:
Crackers/chrispbreads (eg. Ryvita)
Alcohol
Low fat humus
Mackerel

I know i'm asking a lot but my pharmasist is on holiday and her replacement is only taking my weight and my money!! And I have emailled LT a few times and they have yet to respond!!

Thanks in advance
KTx

I know how frustrating it can be when you need the answers straight away and you can't get them.

I would just follow the refeed programme as it states, if you are then good, I've read through it plenty of times to get it straight in my head. I think unless it states you can eat certain foods you have mentioned on a certain day then I would avoid them for a few weeks (do you know what I mean?), I didn't and I gained a few pounds, so be strict with yourself for a couple of weeks on refeed.

I know how frustrating it can be when you need the answers straight away and you can't get them.

I would just follow the refeed programme as it states, if you are then good, I've read through it plenty of times to get it straight in my head. I think unless it states you can eat certain foods you have mentioned on a certain day then I would avoid them for a few weeks (do you know what I mean?), I didn't and I gained a few pounds, so be strict with yourself for a couple of weeks on refeed.

It is frustrating!! I so want to do this well, but I know certain foods like cottage cheese, and mackerel will become my staple meals!! The refeed sheets are great, and believe me i know them off by heart now, but I don't tend to eat tuna, or a lot of potatoes!!
The first sample menu for Day 4-7 actually scares me, there seems like so many carbs with potatoes in two meals and bread as a snack!! YIKES!!!

I really am starting to stress myself out about having to be in control again......as I know i have not been able to control myself in the past lol :sigh:

Eggs
Low fat cottage cheese (plain)
Low fat yogurt
Extra low fat Philadelphia
Soft cheese spread with garlic & herbs
Hard cheese
In addition to these foods, are there any guidelines on the following:
Crackers/chrispbreads (eg. Ryvita)
Alcohol
Low fat humus
Mackerel

Eggs: day 1. You can have 2 as a whole subsitute for proteine like fish or you can have 1 egg and half a portion of the stated protein (2-3oz)

Low fat yogurt: from day 4 of refeed.

Low fat cottage cheese, extra low fat philadelphia, soft cheese with herbs: i introduced low fat soft cheese during my refeed only from day 4 onwards though.

Hard cheese: Defo after refeed.

Crackers/crispbread, hummous: wait untill after refeed.

Mackrel: fine during refeed.

Alchohol: They say after atleast 1 week of refeed. But i did have some on day 6 and i was ok but its essential you wait untill you are out of ketosis.

Hope this helps :)

Eggs: day 1. You can have 2 as a whole subsitute for proteine like fish or you can have 1 egg and half a portion of the stated protein (2-3oz)

Low fat yogurt: from day 4 of refeed.

Low fat cottage cheese, extra low fat philadelphia, soft cheese with herbs: i introduced low fat soft cheese during my refeed only from day 4 onwards though.

Hard cheese: Defo after refeed.

Crackers/crispbread, hummous: wait untill after refeed.

Mackrel: fine during refeed.

Alchohol: They say after atleast 1 week of refeed. But i did have some on day 6 and i was ok but its essential you wait untill you are out of ketosis.

Hope this helps :)

i finally had a response from Lipotrim, they said the same as you, but the cottage cheese and low fat soft cheese ok from day 2!
Alcohol they said from day 8, but my husband is adamant we're having champagne on day 7 to toast our 1st anniversary!!!
Thanks Tanya, you're a star x

Ah thats lovely - im sure 1 or 2 glasses wont hurt as you'll be out of ketosis by day 7 :) xxx

lol!!

Just dont go mad, eat something sensible before hand as having so long without alcohol your body might react differently and you may be on the floor after 1 glass :giggle:

oh believe me i have a whole meal planned (in line with the refeed plans of course) lol. Been planning this meal for weeks!! x

Ah monkey, best wishes for refeed and have a lovely anniversary. You have done well and you sound very focussed on keeping up the good work.

Back