Need some advice a bit of motivation, if possible! (4 hours a day gym workout)

UnitedFan

Ok, so i have mostly been slightly overweight during my life. I'm 18 years old and my weight has been up and done. Last year i was in medium and i felt great but still thought i needed to loose another two stones or so.

Anyway, a year on, and it's all piled back on. I'm 17 stone and i am really depressed, clothes don't even fit well, and i have completely lost my confidence when going out.

Facts - 17 year old, just over 6ft, 17 stones.

Summer is not really far away, and i really want to lose atleast 4 - 6 stones by july at least. Would this be possible?

I'm planning on doing around 4 hours a day gym sessions - regarding that, do you think i should just stick to the cardio, walking up the stairs machine and on the running machine? I would love to tone up but that's something i should think about when i lose 5 stone atleast.

Most of my weight is on belly, chest (the dreaded manboobs) bum and back, and legs, which is the worst possible place to have your weight on.

Also how much littres of water should i be drinking per day? Is it also good to get to sleep around 10ish? thanks!

Dnt over do it in the gym,gentle to start,diet change will help,a calorie deficit,3-4 litres of water and 7-8hrs of sleep depending if u need more,take it slow and concentrate on good diet,i start tomo and im 16+ hoping to get 5off,good luck on ur journey

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

build up to 4 hours if thats what you want to do.
going straight into that will tire your body out so much

I am in the same boat as you really... I have a wedding that I have to go to at the end of June. It is quite an important wedding (not my own) and I would HATE to be the same weight that I am at the moment. (Nearly 16st. :( )

Ideally I want to loose 5 stone by the end of June. Is this possible without doing the shake diets. (I am very tempted to do them but people keep telling me not to.)

If you lower your calorie intake and excersize im sure youll get alot of in time for the wedding,the shake diets r around 800 i think people say 1500 is good,

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I'm lowering my calories to about 1200. I thought about doing something like Diet Chef (where they send you food parcels) but I am going on holiday quite a few times this year so cant stick to such a rigid plan. :-/

Oh and lets not forget the exercise part! :/ Meh. Might buy that Zumba game for the Xbox Kinect.

If you're doing too much exercise, you'll be doing more harm than good to be honest. If you're doing 4 hours of exercise and only eating 1500 calories then you'll definitely be doing more harm than good. At that kind of rate you'll be losing a lot of muscle mass, not just fat. So start of slow, don't push yourself or you'll just burn out anyway. I tried to say this to a friend and he wouldn't listen, he's now had to spend the past 3 months doing no exercise at all because he did too much and ate too little protein and so his muscle burnt out, that caused his to tear his quad and he also tore a muscle in his right shoulder which is now only at 40% strength and he has to have physio for it. So I don't mean to do scare tactics but rushing into exercise and doing too much is dangerous for your body.

My suggestions are:

Join a site like myfitnesspal.com which will calculate how many calories you need to eat to lose say 2lbs a week, that's about what you should be aiming for
Slow down with the exercise, start low and build up
If you insist on doing alot of exercise, make sure you up your protein intake
Make sure that your calories are after exercise. So if you should have 1500 calories a day to lose 2lbs a week and one day you burn 300 calories, you should eat 1800 in total that day. If the next day you burn 600, you should have 2,100. Or there abouts. Make sure your net calories don't go too low, you can't eat 1,500 calories a day and burn 1,000 and expect your body to take it.

And finally, there are a lot of people here who are ready to help, so if you have any other questions, just keep coming back here even if all you want/need is support.

Think Caroline g said it all really. Just be carefull. Might be a good idea if when you join the gym let them write you up a program, that way you will get the best out of each session. They'll weigh and measure you too if you want them too. Good luck xx

Yes, Caroline gives very good advice.

I personally wouldn't aim for more than one hour of exercise per day to begin with. Once you're doing this, then perhaps you can build on it and do more. It's also important to vary your exercise so you don't get bored, in which case you will begin to dread your exercise sessions.

Also, don't underestimate how much food you will need to eat to sustain four hours of exercise a day, otherwise you will become ill. I would suggest you eat sensibly and exercise sensibly, and look upon weight loss as a long-term commitment.

Good luck!

As everyone said dont do four hours a day, id do 6 days a week, an hour each time at most to start with

of that, id do 3 days a week of cardio, and 3 days a week of weight training, alternating them. Couple that with a calorie deficit and i think you will see fast results.

Good luck!

EDIT

I can help with a weight training program if you want...i just need to know if you have full access to a gym for all the sessions..

Back