Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Need some help and advice please !!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by alibambino, 28 February 2009 Social URL.

1. alibambino

alibambino Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Hi im currently on my first week of Lipotrim, which is really really hard, not sure how long i can stay on it for to be honest. Ive tried Atkins about 4 years ago so i have all the books and a recipe book. I had a good weight loss from what i remember. Im drinking around 3 litres of water a day on LT which is ok and would like that to continue. Would that be ok on Atkins? Also would i be ok in sticking to the induction stage of Atkins for a while? Also i do enjoy the coffee with cream am i allowed 2 of these a day, or is it a case of as long as your not going over the 20g net carbs a day, it doesn't it matter. Also cheese? how much is everyone eating a day? Sorry abou the questions im just a bit unsure of what to do at the mo, i dont think i can stay on the Lipotrim long term. Thanks a lot x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *AnnaMaria*

*AnnaMaria* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.6%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    The answer to all your questions is YES! As for the cheese, I have a little sprinkling which if was on a block would be about 1cm squared. Welcome to Atkins (if you decide to stay!)

4. alibambino

alibambino Full Member

Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks for your help !

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hi Ali.

That is 15 pints and I would say that is way to much. I drink 8 pints of water a day and I'm not a small guy.

Welcome to Atkins if you decide to stay. I stayed on induction for 6 months in all.

Remember, your aiming to get the majority of your 20 carbs a day from green leaf veggies.

6. sukie sue

sukie sue this is My time to shine!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.54%)
    Diet:
    lighter life /slim and save
    ere jim !!! 1 l is 1000ml thats just under 2 pints :0)

7. littlemonstersmum

littlemonstersmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    110kg
    Current Weight:
    106kg
    Goal Weight:
    85kg
    Lost(%):
    4kg(3.63%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Why not try all about w8?

Hi Alibambino!

I thought about lipotrim and got the first week of sachets. The pharmacist did tell me if i found the amount of artificial sweetners too high i could go back and get my money back! Anyway, i tried a couple of shakes and gave up. The pharmacist was fine about it and gave me my money back!!

I'm now doing w8. It is a little more expensive than lipotrim but in my personal opinion it is much much better than lipotrim. I've lost 12lbs in 3 weeks so am really pleased!

Having said all that, i'm struggling a little this week (think i did too much exercise last week and am left with too little energy!) and have been looking for some low carb ideas so i can have something small to eat!

On w8 you get to 'add a meal' one week in 4. You can also do the 'regular' programme where you add a meal every day. The meal is based on very low/zero carb foods. I have tried to stick to just shakes/soups but am struggling so am moving towards the 'regular' programme.

Just thought you might like another option that imho is far better than lipotrim! I like the fact that i can still eat some foods and also that i am getting all my nutrition from the shakes & soups.

Best of luck whatever you decide!

8. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    ooops yes, confused litres with gallons. I was saying 5 pints per litre when it's only 2. It's actually 5 litres per gallon. Sorry. :D

It's an age thing. ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.