need sw buddies apply within!

I am looking forward to the weekend going to make lots of soup to last me through the week getting bored of salad for lunch and its just not comforting!!!

For quickness during the week I bought the Pre chopped veg and made some, save a lot of time x

How are we all doing? I've not been to WI this week (was on night shifts), but I am hoping I have STS! :) (I say hoping because I know I haven't been 100%, but not been terrible). I did however go for a short (2km) jog this morning in the drizzle, was quite impressed with myself, although I know it was mainly study-avoidance! :-D

Hi Jo - im impressed good for you going for a run. I get no exercise at all my feet are beyond repair lol arthritis etc. You never can tell and I think hubby is sick of hearing me say oh I think ive STS this week, then I get to WI and ive lost. Im sure you will be fine as you say you havnt been silly. Good luck for next WI

Ah, thanks - I have been trying to get into jogging for ages, I am just not very good at it! Have a bit of asthma that I have only just got an inhaler for, so hopefully things will get better now.

Is there any non-weight bearing exercise you could do like swimming, or would it still give you joint pain?

I can do swimming - but its confidence with me and catch 22 i wont go swimming until i lose more weight and to lose I need to go swimming lol. Just paranoid I guess in case anyone recognises me

Oh, I know what you mean - that's one of the reasons I have never got better at jogging because I look a sight and get quite nervous for some strange reason, but you just have to think that at least you are giving it a go and getting the benefit, and sod what other people think!

You will get there :) The only other thing I can think of would be something like a Pilates DVD at home - I have the Pilates for Dummies one and it's brilliant, but again I don't know how your joints would feel? It's not high-impact to be honest, but there is a bit of tiptoes and hip rotating involved? x

I have a metal pin in the big toe on my right foot so it doesnt bend at all, I have a crushed nerve and plantar fascitis in my other foot, now my hip has started to hurt this week and also my hands, god im dropping to bits lol. I loved going to Zumba 3 times a week but had to pack it in when i crushed the nerve in my foot last year doing it too hard. Daughter keeps asking me to go swimming, maybe ill go on a Sunday morning when its quiet and wear a mask lol

I have a metal pin in the big toe on my right foot so it doesnt bend at all, I have a crushed nerve and plantar fascitis in my other foot, now my hip has started to hurt this week and also my hands, god im dropping to bits lol. I loved going to Zumba 3 times a week but had to pack it in when i crushed the nerve in my foot last year doing it too hard. Daughter keeps asking me to go swimming, maybe ill go on a Sunday morning when its quiet and wear a mask lol

Oh dear :-( Yes, I think you should go for it with the swimming! :)

I'm a newbie too, been on plan for just over a week, lost 1 1/4 lbs in first week, not bad considering we went out for a ****** & had lots to drink that night too. I'm really loving this forum, great support to keep u on track!

Sammy 21 said:
I'm a newbie too, been on plan for just over a week, lost 1 1/4 lbs in first week, not bad considering we went out for a ****** & had lots to drink that night too. I'm really loving this forum, great support to keep u on track!

Welcome sammy good luck with your journey were all here to help

Hi all hope ur all doin good i had 1 lb loss on saturday at wi so not too bad but its slowin right down, made big slow cooker pot of sausage casserole tonite n mashed potato was yummy n warming perfect for cold dark nights anyone had anything interestin? Does anyone hav a recipe for lentil curry at all, i cant find a decent one thanks xx

Hello everyone !!! How Re you doing? Sorry I have been quiet lately but it is the busiest time of the year.. I haven't had much success one pound loss that's all hope we all have a good weekend!!!!!!

1 pound is a loss it is better than a gain - well done. I only lost 0.5 this week. Will do better next week

That 0.5lb you lost I gained :-( I've stuck to the plan so can only assume my body's playing tricks on me x

Awww sorry jc - its gutting isnt it when you know you have been very good. I do know I am losing inches rather than pounds too

Awww sorry jc - its gutting isnt it when you know you have been very good. I do know I am losing inches rather than pounds too

I'm not letting it get me down, hoping first least a few next week. Enjoy your curry I'm well jealous x

Back