My SW Diary - Time to lose 6st 4lbs!

Right! I managed to lose 1.5lbs this week, which is great but I'm getting fed up with these little losses. I'm still classed as 'obese' (whatever) and I should be able to lose at least 2lbs a week at this weight. I keep snacking or drinking and going over my syns, only once or twice a week, but it's hindering my losses and I'm fed up with myself!

Therefore, this week I've decided to go riiiiight back to basics and do what I did in my first week of SW back in August. I lost 6lbs that week and I think that if I do the same again I should be able to lose at least 2lbs this week (I know I won't lose 6 again because it was my first week but it obviously worked).

So, this week I'm not going to be using my HEBs on bread. I'm going to use them on oats, nuts and seeds instead. For my HEAs I usually have cheese every. single. day. but this week I'm going to use milk for at least 3 of the days just to mix things up a bit. If I have cheese, I'll syn it. I'm also going to use my syns on things like sauces, gravy and oil, instead of crisps and chocolate. That's the plan anyway.

Today's going well so far but let's see how I go :)

I just realised too that 2 more pounds will get me under the 200lb mark! Can't remember the last time I was there! Come ooooon! I can do this!

Just wanted to say here how well my husband did at SW last week! Not only did he get his 1 stone award (in 3 weeks!), he also got Slimmer of the Week (second week running) AND Slimmer of the Month (even though he'd only had 3 weigh-ins that month)! So proud of him and he's feeling so good about it all :bunnydance:

Well, I lost 1lb this week, which I'm happy about but I would have liked it to be more.

I think part of the problem is that I've got stuck in a rut. I've been eating the same things every day this week so I'm going to try mixing it up and having different breakfasts. I also haven't had any rice or pasta for ages; it's been all about the potatoes so I'm going to cut down on potatoes and branch out a bit. Would like to see a decent loss next week - 2.5lbs would take me into the 13's but I'm not sure that'll happen next week. We'll see though - I charged my FitBit last night for the first time in months so maybe that'll get me moving a bit more :)

Your doing fab well done. I think the using the syns on sauces and cheese etc is better than on choc and crisps like you said. The first week you DNt even consider choc do you as busy sorting your meals out and sticking to plan.

Your doing fab well done. I think the using the syns on sauces and cheese etc is better than on choc and crisps like you said. The first week you DNt even consider choc do you as busy sorting your meals out and sticking to plan.

Thank you :) I haven't had proper chocolate for ages but I did discover the chocolate digestive thins recently, which was a big mistake! Too moreish! I find with chocolate that I can avoid it for ages but once I start on it that's it, I eat it until it's gone :rolleyes:

I've been on the SW website and found some new recipes to try so tonight will be the chicken jambalaya. It sounds really nice so hopefully it'll live up to expectations.

When I was on SW, We tried the Chicken Jambalaya and it was lovely. Very filling. :)

Just wanted to pop in to say congrats on your weight loss.. you are doing so well!

Hi Pinkemi, thanks for checking in! I've just popped onto your thread too :)

You're doing so well with your weight loss too, you've overtaken me! :D How good does it feel to be in the 100's though?! I was so psyched when I realised I was finally in it again...it's been 12 years since I was where I am now! :eek:

Well done on the 1lb loss.:)

I know what your saying about same thing day in day out.I started having cereal every morning as it was so easy just to do that.
Now I try to only eat it twice a week so I don't get bored with eating.

It was fantastic to be in the 100's! I havent seen the 100's for about 6 years I think... was pretty chuffed! But as always.. it's just not good enough. LOL

Well, I lost another 1.5lbs this week so I'm pleased with that! It felt like I'd eaten so much I couldn't have lost any weight so it was a nice surprise. Might struggle this week, for some reason I ate everything in sight when I got home from group last night so that's not a good start! Also got a bit of a heavy drinking day on Friday so might end up with a maintain or small gain next week, though I think I should be ok to limit the damage on the good days :)

Back