My SW Diary - Time to lose 6st 4lbs!

Grunka Lunka

Well, I started Slimming World 7 weeks ago and have lost 1 stone 4.5lbs from my total target of 6 stone 4lbs! I'm feeling pretty good now but as I'm not writing down my food intake every day now I thought I'd start up a diary on here. I won't be recording everything I eat on here but will be keeping track in some way. I weigh in on Tuesdays so will keep a general record of whether or not I've been on track with staying within my Syn allowance.

Week 1 - 16 stone, 11lbs
Week 2 - 6lb loss - 16 stone, 5 lbs
Week 3 - 4.5lb loss - 16 stone, 0.5lbs - Half Stone Award and Slimmer of the Week
Week 4 - 2lb loss - 15 stone, 12.5lbs
Week 5 - 1lb loss - 15 stone, 11.5lbs
Week 6 - 3.5lb loss - 15 stone, 8lbs - One Stone Award and Slimmer of the Week
Week 7 - 1.5lb loss - 15 stone, 6.5lbs

Target for week 8 - 2.5lb loss for my 1.5 Stone Award

Tuesday - On track with Syns
Wednesday - On track with Syns
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -
Monday -

Shall watch you with interest - I also have 6 stone to lose.

Thanks for the support Clironka and Jules! Clironka, are you doing SW too? If so, how are you finding it so far? I weighed in last night and have lost another 3lbs, bringing my total loss to 21.5lbs. I got my 1.5 stone award too, yay!

I'm also working towards the bronze Body Magic award and completed my first week this week. I found it really easy, just need to remember to do the exercise! So...

Week 1 - 16 stone, 11lbs
Week 3 - 4.5lb loss - 16 stone, 0.5lbs - Half Stone Award and Slimmer of the Week
Week 8 - 3lb loss - 15 stone, 3.5lbs - One and a Half Stone Award

Target for week 9 - 2.5lb loss to reach Club 10!

Hi Grunka Lunka, no not SW, I'm not very social about weight loss, really dislike any "live" comments from anyone else, whether positive or negative. You seem to do well with it, "Slimmer of the Week" twice***

I have bought a month of VLCD KeeDiet online for a 1 month boost - I hope. Will then go over to "clean" eating, no processed, no sugar, mainly just meat, fish,eggs with homegrown veg. As long as I can have my strong black coffee. A number of regimes now ban coffee or insist on decaff, I am a coffee lover and dislike decaff.

Hi Clironka! Thanks for the reply :) I get what you mean about the more social aspects of it, it's certainly not for everyone. I don't mind the groups and sharing things there but I haven't really told anyone else that I'm doing SW, except for my Mum as she's doing it with me but nobody except me knows my weight.

I hope the VLCD boost works out for you. The 'clean' eating sounds like a great idea. It's also something that I'm trying to work on whilst at SW...all I really eat is meat, eggs (no fish as I really don't like it), loads of fresh vegetables, fruits and natural yogurt. I've pretty much completely cut out sugar, bread, crisps etc. as I'm wheat intolerant and also no longer have the cravings for sugary things, chocolate, snacks etc. I tend to use my syns on either oils or nuts. I know a lot of people struggle with giving up the sugary things but since I went wheat-free my cravings for these things have disappeared so it hasn't been a problem for me at all.

I'm definitely with you on the coffee though, strong and black...I really struggle to go a day without it and I don't think it's something I'll ever give up! It's one thing I look forward to in the mornings! :D

Hi again, In what way did your wheat intolerance show itself? Have you read "Wheat Belly" or "Grain Brain" I am aware that my asthma is a little better when I don't eat wheat, so it's rare that I do, also am careful about dairy, BUT cheese is my big passion! No sweet tooth really apart from the odd fancy for something "nice".
The coffee theory seems to be based around "insulin Resistance" which I struggle to understand.

It took a few years for me to figure out that I was intolerant to wheat. It didn't affect my stomach so much but I found that every time I ate it I would get really tired, bloated and my heart rate would skyrocket. I'd also keep yawning as I don't think I was getting enough oxygen and I also had heart palpitations. It gradually got worse over the years so I started cutting out certain foods to see if anything would help and it turned out it was the wheat that was doing it. I also found that my intolerance was also somehow making me crave wheat and sugar. Every time I ate wheat I'd crave something sweet. Then I'd eat something sweet and crave wheat again, and so went the vicious cycle. Once I cut out wheat, about 4 days later my cravings disappeared altogether and I've never looked back (though it was only September 2015 I figured all this out). My symptoms disappeared immediately after I stopped eating wheat too.

I haven't read either of those books you mentioned but I think most people's intolerance usually shows itself as a poorly stomach or digestive problems. My symptoms were quite strange. I also suffer from asthma but I don't think it really affected it much for me.

I don't understand the insulin resistance either, I just know I love coffee and the caffeine hit. I do get headaches if I don't drink it for a few days as I'm probably addicted to it but hey, I'm ok with that! I'm absolutely with you on the cheese thing too! That's been the hardest thing to cut down on as I can (and did) eat cheese with anything...or with nothing...just on its own. However, SW allows you a certain amount of cheese every day for the calcium anyway so I still get my cheese fix :)

Weighed in tonight and have lost half a pound. Not the best week but still a loss so I'll take it! I know where I went wrong anyway so I'll do my best to stay on plan properly this week, though I am going out for one dinner and one lunch for my husband's Birthday but hopefully I'll make good choices!. So...

Week 1 - 16 stone, 11lbs
Week 9 - 0.5lb loss - 15 stone, 3lbs

Target for week 10 - 1lb loss

Well, I think I can kiss my 1lb loss for this week goodbye! I really had a terrible weekend food wise. It was my husband's Birthday and we ate out twice over the weekend. I didn't make healthy choices at all - I had cheese and bacon potato skins, a burger with curly fries (though I didn't eat the bun and only had about a quarter of the fries), liqueur coffee, steak and eggs for breakfast (not too bad), some of my husband's dessert (it was a sharing bowl you get on your birthday - full of cream, chocolate sauce, M&Ms, brownies and ice cream) and various other things that I can't even remember now.

I also made him a cake, which was ridiculously fattening AND I licked every bowl involved in the process! I had a slice of this...it was the best cake I've ever made. I'm not sorry.

Anyway, I don't feel bad about any of the above. I made the conscious decision that I would eat what I wanted over the weekend and just deal with any gains that come my way. I'm not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow; however, I'm back on plan today and don't feel like I've slipped off the wagon or anything. I just feel really good about it all because I know it's over and I know that whatever gain I have this week I can lose again by next week. I've had 9 consecutive weeks of losses so I've already proved to myself that I can do it. I feel like I'm able to go off plan if/when I need to and I'll be able to pick up where I left off once it's over.

Onwards!

Well, I gained half a pound this week, which really isn't terrible at all considering the weekend I had! Overall, although it's a gain, I'm fine with it and I've been fully back on plan since Monday so I'm happy with how the week's progressing. However, I'm setting my sights on a 2.5lb loss for this week...although I know the weekend could still catch up with me more than it has done already so it's quite an ambitious target! So...

Week 1 - 16 stone, 11lbs
Week 10 - 0.5lb gain - 15 stone, 3.5lbs

Target for week 11 - 2.5lb loss to reach Club 10!

I did it! 2.5lbs off and made it to Club 10! So exciting! Must try to stay on plan all week (after tonight *coughtakeawaycough*) and I'm aiming for 1.5 lbs next week to take me into the next stone bracket! So...

Week 1 - 16 stone, 11lbs
Well 11 - 2.5lb loss - 15 stone, 1lb - Club 10

Target for week 12 - 1.5lb loss to get into the 14's!

Maintained this week...major fail! That will be the wine and subsequent toast, cheese, peanut butter, Time Out, Hula Hoops, lentil curls and pepperami! Anyhoo, I'm not drinking ANYTHING alcoholic this week so should be able to stay on track! So...

Week 1 - 16 stone, 11lbs
Week 11 - 2.5lb loss - 15 stone, 1lb - Club 10
Week 12 - Maintain - 15 stone, 1lb

Target for week 13 - 2lb loss to get into the 14's!

Hi d1592! Thanks for the encouragement! How are you getting on so far? Are you doing Slimming World too? Best of luck with it and I'm always happy to chat :)

That is 1st 10lbs you no longer have to carry around with you. I bet you feel amazing

Hi xEmmax@! You're right, it does feel pretty good! Especially now that my clothes are starting to not fit me any more :D I think that once I've got back into the 14's I'll start feeling like I've achieved something. At the moment I'm still in the 15's and I've been bouncing around the 15's and 16's for years. If I can get into the 14's I'll know that this time's different and I can achieve what I want :)

The week before last I lost half a pound but this week I lost 3.5lb. I'm now half a pound away from being in the 12s, I'm going to try for 2lb this week and hopefully get there. I bet you will make those 14s

Hi Grunka! Thank you for replying :):):).

I did slimming world before and lost but then I had an unexpected divorce and I went to food for comfort.

I only started on Monday ! Doing good so far.. I just pray I keep at it :confused:

Sorry to hear about your divorce d1592, I hope things are better for you now. I know what you mean about going to food for comfort, I've been there too. However, it's great that you've done SW before as you know it can work for you and it sounds like you're off to a good start this time around :) Go for it!

Back