Need to be careful forever Attn: AKB

Hiya,

Was under with cals yesterday in the end but felt very sick again about 3am. Not ill but hovered in bathroom for about an hour as was unsure... Weighed this morning and back up to 11,1 despite having had 1,000 cals only yesterday. Worked out prob - hadn't "been" since Thursday, guess shock & stress were a factor (& co-codamol causes constipation). Finally managed about 5pm today (Sorry TMI!) but have been comfort eating for England today! Will be more like 1900 than 1100 - Oh dear!

Should be better tomorrow as Dad went to work with a shopping list today so there should be more varied food in the house later. (He's on standby & went to work at lunchtime so no idea when he'll get back. He's on call once every 3 weeks, so was week before his hol & now this week straight after he got back! Hopefully they won't call him out all night!)

Have still done no Spanish as have been mostly asleep all day. Have made Dad promise not to see car without me as I need the closure & I know exactly where all my stuff is in boot/glovebox etc.
Mike doesn't check his answerphone - he rang at 8.15 this morning to see if I wanted picking up!

Will at least try to look at Spanish tonight. I'm sure comfort eating is to do with panic as well as stress.

Talk later
Love xxx

Hiya Hon,

Ooh, hope you are feeling better now, constipation is absolutely miserable isn't it? Don't worry about the diet or the Spanish - they'll get done as and when, the most important thing is to concentrate on getting well and over the shock!
Hope seeing the old car isn't too traumatic, it's just a hunk of metal after all, far better that you are ok and the car wrecked than the other way round!
Nice boss away today, or at least this morning so should be able to get on here lunch time-ish to check how you got on!
Take care of yourself,
lots of love,
A
xxxx:D

Hi,
Probably missed you.. have been trying to sort insurance all morning for old car & for new... New one sounds good, 55k navy, air con, CD player etc. Had a long cry when I saw car. Took pics of road/car for ins. co as it's prob them that sue council, I don't know about me for losing no claims! Insurance varies tonnes: best Diamond 10 mth accelerator to get 1 yrs NCB £469.71, most were 700/800, Sainsburys 1400, Tescos 1001, AA 656 so assuming car is good will be going with Diamond. Can't understand how ins co's want more than value of car for 1 year's insurance! How rude!
Turns out thing on car I didn't know was alarm! Went off every time anyone opened a door, my door was only one that would open after accident. Passenger & back ones stuck. Think my Dad was a bit shocked. Will ring Mum in a min.

Love xxx

OUCH!!!!

Just seen car photo - shame!!!! But boy were you lucky to get out with the minimum injuries you did! It looks really wrecked!
I know what you mean about car insurance - mind you I think all insurance is a rip off - the majority do everything they can to avoid paying out! I'd ask your insurance co. to sue for your no claims bonus too!
Has your Dad completely calmed down now and is your Mum ok over in Spain??
Must go and do some cleaning/ironing etc, will look in later but if I miss you, hope you like the other car and look after yourself.
Much love,
A

Hiya,
Yes, Dad's calmed down now although I can tell he's still disappointed we lost it. Churchill surprised me today - have still got 2 weeks to run until expiry on 7th Sept. I rang to see how much they'd charge to put a new car on for the 2 weeks - excess will go from 0 to 100 but zilch to change the car again. They gobsmacked me with that one.

Dad thinks if they're fighting the council for me I should stay with them but I haven't checked their renewal price yet... depends if it's more worthwhile forgetting the council if there's a big diff in price, just making a complaint. We'll see, will have 2 weeks to sort all that before I have to make a decision!

Dad has details of 2 more to see tomorrow if the 1st choice has gone, he's ringing again in a min but the bloke has put the price down by £50 today so Dad's hoping no-one's beaten us there, was still there yesterday & the bloke couldn't see us today as he was taking someone to airport so who knows? (He & his family are moving to India as reason for sale!)

WLR isn't working so I don't know how many cals I've had since lunchtime! Was back to 10,13 this morning - guess the blockage has cleared now properly!:eek: Was 11,1 yesterday!

Better go ring re car!

Love xxx

Going to M25 at 8.30 to check car, still there.

My insomnia has struck as usual!

Went over on cals by 400ish. Would have been ok except I got struck by a craving for french bread with garlic butter at 10.30 last night, would only have been about 50 cals before that! Blaming WLR's downtime & my lack of self control!

Talk lunchtime tomorrow when I should have 1 of 3 cars!

(Ebay stuff going well - sold 4 bits already!)

Love xxx

Hiya Honey,

Hope you have bought the new car already and are driving around in it right now!
Glad the ebay stuff is selling well - I was very envious of some of the bras but none would fit me now or in the future - there's a world of difference between a FF cup and an E cup, plus plunge bras just don't do it for me - I'm a full cup gal!
Have had griping colic and chronic wind (sorry TMI) since last night, it's eased a bit - probably thanks to lots of water and my home made bio yogurt but the scales were showing 10.10 almost this morning - gloom - what with family party on Monday and then a trip to Cadbury World on Tuesday how on earth will I ever shift this bulk?? I keep wondering about quitting SS and doing maintenance from now on but am very mindful (and fearful) that the scales won't stay in the 10s and that will depress me even tho I'm still in my size 12 trousers!

Anyway, must go and do some work, nice boss back any minute, will try and check on here later.

Lots of love,
A

Hiya,

Don't know what's wrong with me! Have been asleep all afternoon with a splitting headache, and will now prob not sleep tonight again! Have gone over cals again today "because I feel like it!". Was still 10,13 this morning. I seem to have developed a rebellious streak which I'm sure is part & parcel of shock etc. the last few days. Will write this week off weigh-in wise, try & be good tomorrow & hope to lose 1lb to be 11,0 for tomorrow night. (That would balance it all out as am 2lbs off per week & lost 3 last week, another 1 would put me on an even footing for the whole 2 weeks!) (Have just weighed mid writing this in undies, jeans & t-shirt & was 11,0 so that bodes well! Will wear lighter work trousers & 3/4 sleeve top as usual for weigh in tomorrow.)

Cahoot rang me this evening, waking me, & I cried... Don't know why but seem to have sorted my differences with them. I was apologising for getting angry with her & explaining about the crash but I think she just wanted to get off with the phone with the strange emotional woman!

Have got a new car but was 3rd time lucky today & Dad ended up being 2 hours late back to work:(:eek:. The one we were hoping to get the bloke lied about - few dents - Er no - every panel! Looked like he'd taken it stock car racing! The 2nd one had just been sold & the 3rd one is practically identical to mine except burgundy hatchback not saloon. 75,000 miles rather than the 27,000 of my beloved car! 2 slight drawbacks - Churchill decided this car was more high-powered & charged £20 to put it on last bit of policy &
the MOT runs out on this one in October BUT she did give us tax to end Oct & more than 1/4 tank of petrol so that was good. We've got time to check all electrics & make sure everything's working fine.

Do you realise I've now got 3 cars - 1 write-off, 1 MOT failure & this one? Third time lucky? Really must sell Nexia & sort other one with insurance as my Dad has spent £1600 on 2 cars for me since July. Hope the insurance is at least 1,000 so I feel I can give something worthwhile back.

I was supposed to do tonnes of stuff today, post E-bay parcels, do 500-800 words Spanish and all I've done is sleep & cry and I'm back to work tomorrow! What a failure!

Thanks for the texts. Sorry didn't get chance to reply.

Love xxx

:D Hey Anja ,
Thanks for the reply on my thread, hope your feeling better after your crash thats so awful !

thanks for your advice, i think food is just a major problem for me at the moment i have tried paul mck ww sw cal counting and i have no willpower and the weight just keeps coming and coming. since feb i have lost 3 stone and gained nearly 4 ,soul destroying really. anyway i am hoping another bash at ss will work if not i have got to make some serious changes !!! (a hopeless case ,me! )

Hi Ailsa,
Wow your avitar says it all you look amazing well done ! :D

Ah sweetie - how are you feeling now? I bet this is all shock related and the weight willl all go as soon as it came on. As for Cahoot - stuff 'em - maybe they'll leave you alone for now?

I have no such excuse and have scoffed strawberries and banana and skinny cow ice creams galore (testing out smoothie maker and getting son to drink some of his 5 a day portions of fruit and veg). I stopped after 2 mint SC sticks but I could eat the other 4 without batting an eyelid, so I'm firmly ensconced in the study away from temptation.

Maybe I should just start maintenance now? No, I will give myself a really good talking to and stick to SS until I said I would, I must get to 9 something before I start in order to maintain at no more than 10 and a half.

Right must go and read another exciting chapter of Matilda - we're up to Bruce Bogtrotter and the chocolate cake now and then back here to tidy and file and not think about food. Will not get on scales tomorrow as will depress me beyond ensurance and right into another food fest!

Having all my hair sheared off next week - when I come back I'll send a pic of how I want to end up eventually!

All for now,
A

Hey Kandy,

I know what you mean - I started SS on 20th Jan, lost 42lbs then started SW on 4th May over 4 weeks lost 1.5 then put 3.5 on so up 2lbs, SSed a week for Birmingham meet & lost 8lbs then joined WW 8th June. Over 9 weeks on WW I went up & down culminating in gaining 10lbs from the previous SS weight by 3rd August (after my birthday!). SSed for 6 days before I broke the week before last
and started WLR. I lost 3lbs first week while still eating which frankly amazed me since SW & WW failed so badly - correction I failed them. Am now in line to lose another 1 - 2 lbs this week. (I will eat healthily & pray for 2 but have eaten takeaway 3 times since my accident so if I don't lose this week I know it is 100% my fault!) If I can lose 2lbs every week I will be 9,12 (IN SINGLE FIGURES!) for my holiday on the 7th October!

Hope this helps you make up your mind.

You're not a hopeless case hon - you just need to plan ahead. I found taking a lunchbox to work, having weighed out my fruit & pre-made sandwiches weighing the fillings helps me stick to cals. I always have choc to avoid deprivation & if I choose to have something naughty then I have something healthy for the other meal of the day. It's all about balance. (Sorry - just trying to help!)

Love xxx

Oh dont be sorry i am soo grateful for any help !!!!!

I will have another bash at this ss just 1 more and if not then thats gotta be it !

I will definitely have a go at wlr if not sounds good !

I think your right sw is not structured enough for me all i think about is the free food lol!

Hope you have a good week and get your 2lbs off xxx

Hi Ailsa,

Our posts crossed. Will be very interested to see your hair pic. Am waiting to hear when my free appointment is!

At least the fruit is healthy hon! (I prefer the choc SC lollies but it seems a bit cold for them at the moment - I'm more drawn to the choc biscuits in the dining room!)

Start to maintain when you want to maintain. I wanted to eat so desperately that I was killing my SSing but if you think you can do another 2/3 weeks then do it! If not come on WLR and stop yourself from putting weight on!

Haven't actually put weight on but haven't really lost it. Started WLR Thursday evening weight 11,4, last week was 11,1 and tonight about 6ish was 11,0 so I'm still in line to lose 4lbs over the fortnight which is what I was aiming for. Feeling stronger now so will go make my lunch for tomorrow. (My morning weight at start was 11,0 and has only dropped to 10,13 but if the evening dressed weight has dropped by 4lbs who cares!)

I have STILL got a headache - I seem to have had one for nearly a week. Have had to stop taking the hosp tabs as too many side effects! Usually when I go to sleep with a headache when I wake up it's gone & I feel refreshed. That's not happening at the moment.

(Cahoot did say they were going to stop putting £30 admin fees on each month which is one less headache, as it were! I'm trying to pay them back & they're upping the amount every month on each account. No fair!)

Hope the reading went well!
Love xxx

Hi Anja

Phew - managed to avoid the food so far but should really go and fetch water bottle but am not sure I can resist the temptation. Will just have to drink water straight from the tap - how couth!!!

Can't find the hair picture I downloaded at work - will send it to you tomorrow. Basically it's a short all over bob without a fringe! Will look a bit odd at first whilst the curls grow out but will end up more manageable and will go with the new me! Quite why I thought I could draw attention away from my 22st bulk with a nice hairdo I'll never know!

I hope your headache goes away, what are the side effects form the A&E pills? Is the headache a physical thing or is it pyschological do you think? Your new car sounds nice, try and keep this one in one piece ok:p

Must go - I AM going to do 10mins rebounding whilst I watch Frasier before finishing (who am I kidding - starting) my filing!

Take care and sleep well,
lots of love,
A

Hi Kandy,
Bless ya for your kind words - at the moment I'm really struggling with SS but it's nice when other people think I've done well - makes me realise I should stop obsessing and enjoy being a whole lot healthier and happier!
Good luck with restarting SS again - you CAN do it!!!!
Love,
A
xxxx

Hi Anch,
Hope all is well, just tried ringing your mobile but on ansaphone. Needed a bit of moral support when I accessed my online banking but just screwed up my courage and looked anyway - could have been worse (but not much)!
Am feeling a bit fluttery and jittery now but at least knowledge is power as they say.....

Scales said 10.9.3 this am so going in right direction - had a few hunger pangs this am which I ignored - doubtless due to being out of ketosis - well what do I expect??

Did my rebounding last night - hurrah - and will make every effort to do some more and for longer tonight. Can't remember your email addy so haven't sent hair photo yet but will do so tonight from home.

Gotta dash - phone
take care,
A

Hey hon!

Just got weighed & am chuffed! Was 11,0 as predicted wearing undies, work trousers, watch & long-sleeved woolly jumper. Was admittedly only 1lb this week but what a week it was! Still 4lbs in 2 weeks on WLR and I saw 10,13 each time I got on and then reverted to 11,0 so 10,12 for next Thursday is looking much easier if I'm a bit on the way towards the next lb too! 1.25 inches off, 0.25 each off bust, waist, bum, calf & ankle. 11,0 is the lowest evening weight I have EVER got to since starting this blessed diet so next week when I'm 10 something evening weight I will be over the moon!

Got to go change my tracker!

Love xxx

WOO-HOO

:) :) :)

RESULT - well done, 11.0 evening weight!!!!! That's lower than me - I've just weighed in fully suited and booted at 11.4.5 - so WELL DONE YOU SKINNY MALINKY:D :D :D

Have sent hair pics by email - I'm leaning towards "short19" - obviously it won't look like that right away need to grow curl out!

Gotta go and read again, then take photo for Kam, clean floors, washing etc etc, def. be on later,

Yours sickeningly pea-greenly envious,
A

Back