Need to let off steam, sorry

Dietingdon

Silver Member
I'm staying at my boyfriends, and my youngest brother rings me to say my other brother, and his girlfriend whose ready to drop any second are sleeping in my bed! This isn't the 1st time! How dare they invade my space like this (again), so I ring my dad and ask him to pick up a lock and put it on my door tomorrow, and he says he can't, as they are the wrong kind of doors. I told him Id find someone who could do it, and he bloody hung up on me! I can't see why Im the one in the wrong. I pay my housekeeping like my brothers do, and I'm hardly ever ther so they get a good deal out of me, yet I have to put up with this. I have no-where else to go, Its not practical to kove to my boyfriends, and he's with his parents still, and we can't afford our own place yet, but I just can't stand this. Grrrrrr. sorry to go on.:mad:

hi there i'd go mad time to move honey maybe a house share

Everyone I know either already rents somewhere with their other half or owns somewhere with their other half. It's just so frustrating. My dad now appears not to be talking to me, which seems a bit childish, and also make me think I'm being un-reasonable. My boyfriend thinks i'm over-reacting which makes it worse, becasue he doesn't understand. I just feel im getting nowhere fast. I don't want to go home tonight, but on the other hand, I don't want to stay at his, becasue I get the impression he thinks Im being a 'drama queen'. I know I can be a bit OCD about people touching and using my stuff, but surely that's my progative? Other people have no reason to go near it, of so I would think. I'm just so annoyed.

Did you say she's about to drop - as in heavily pregnant? If so surely you don't mind her sleeping in your bed - its not like she can sleep on the floor is it. I've given up my bed and slept on the floor for a pregnant friend before - surely this is no different except you didn't have to sleep on the floor!
Apologies if I misunderstood :)

MM x

Did you say she's about to drop - as in heavily pregnant? If so surely you don't mind her sleeping in your bed - its not like she can sleep on the floor is it. I've given up my bed and slept on the floor for a pregnant friend before - surely this is no different except you didn't have to sleep on the floor!

They have a bed, it's not a case of she'd be sleeping on the floor, It's just that my bed is an expensive decent one, because I work hard for my stuff, and there's isn't as comfortable in their opinion. And I don't really want her waters breaking in my bed, Id never be able to sleep in it again. I know I sound really OCD.

They have a bed, it's not a case of she'd be sleeping on the floor, It's just that my bed is an expensive decent one, because I work hard for my stuff, and there's isn't as comfortable in their opinion. And I don't really want her waters breaking in my bed, Id never be able to sleep in it again. I know I sound really OCD.

Not at all - beds are very very personal - I'd be the same, especially as my waters broke in my old bed - which the matress had to be replaced.... Ewwwwwwww..... I am also mad about people interfering with my personal space.... So no you're not OCD, the fact that they dont find their bed as comfy means that they need to invest if nothing a new matress...

Though it aint worth losing your rag about hun - just take couple of deep breathes etc xxxxxxxxxxx

thanks time4me, it's nice to know it's not just me. I know I shouldn't lose my rag over it, but he's doing it constantly, and my dad's doing very little to try and stop it. I do what I can, but am not there a great deal of the time.

You are right they are wrong! Thats it. if they had no bed it would be different, but they do. they are taking advantage totally.

i would have to find a way to move out if it was me. Your bed is your bed. End of.

Hi Donna yes U ARE well within ur rights to be angry about it!!!! I remember when i was living at home how much it annoyed me that my sister used to come in to my roon especially when i wasn't there and go through all my stuff I hated it!!!! Ur like me u work hard for the things u have and take pride in them especially a bed i'm the same paid £700 for a decent bed with miracoil and pillowtop lol so i know i'd be p***ed if It was me in the same boat.... my dad ended up putting yale locks on my door to keep her out!!!!!! If she's due to give birth shouldn't they have settled somewhere of their own as there's not going to be much space for the baby by the sounds of it.... there are a few websites that offer flatshares and houseshares a bit like rightmove lol take a look it might sound daunting sharing with strangers but trust me you soon become mates my sis in law had a spare room so i found her a flatmate lol

Hi Donna yes U ARE well within ur rights to be angry about it!!!! I remember when i was living at home how much it annoyed me that my sister used to come in to my roon especially when i wasn't there and go through all my stuff I hated it!!!! Ur like me u work hard for the things u have and take pride in them especially a bed i'm the same paid £700 for a decent bed with miracoil and pillowtop lol so i know i'd be p***ed if It was me in the same boat.... my dad ended up putting yale locks on my door to keep her out!!!!!! If she's due to give birth shouldn't they have settled somewhere of their own as there's not going to be much space for the baby by the sounds of it.... there are a few websites that offer flatshares and houseshares a bit like rightmove lol take a look it might sound daunting sharing with strangers but trust me you soon become mates my sis in law had a spare room so i found her a flatmate lol

They are suppose to be living with her mum, but my brother doesn't like her. Your right, they should have sorted themselves out, but my brother would rather waste his money on rubbish. My bed has miracoil too, isn't it great, lol.

I would be really annoyed too, no-one ever goes into my bedroom let alone sleep in my bed - I'd kill them. My aunty stays sometimes and it has been mentioned that I should give up my room for her and I should sleep on the chairbed in the front room. Hell no, she wants to stay that's where she sleeps. Only person ever to sleep in my bed other than me is my nephew when he was about 4.

Back