Need to loose about 80 pounds

Asa

Silver Member
Hi there, I am faily new to cd, I have been on the diet for a week now. I was wondering how many weeks one could go on the 100% cd diet?

I would like to loose about 80 pounds, anyone that is about to do the same? Or has done it? I could sure use some help in planning it! How is the best way to do it, how many weeks on 100%, and how do you best cross over to starting eating again?

All the best
From Asa in Sweden

Good luck, im doing the same and I just assumed you just plod on so it would be interesting to find out too.

You can do Sole Source, so just the shakes, soups, porridge, bars and tetras for 12 weeks and then you have to do what some call Add A Meal Week (AAMW) or 810, which is where you continue with 2 CD meals (3 if you're male or over 5ft 8in) and have a small meal in the evening. And it is small! It's green and white, so you're allowed a certain amount of chicken, cottage cheese, quorn, cod, haddock or tuna I think. It's 120g of chicken and 190g of cod, can't remember the other amounts. Along with either 2 or 3 tablespoons of certain green vegetables. After a week on that you can go back to doing Sole Source again. This should all be in the booklet your CDC gave you when you started.

When you get to within a stone of your goal weight, or a BMI of 25 you start moving up the stages through 810 calories, 1000 calories and 1500 calories which is your maintenance stage.

I think that's correct, please correct me anyone if I got anything wrong!

Just to say I will have lost 90lbs when I am done. In week 19 today, just plodding on :)

It took me about 6-7 months to lose 84lbs but the first 3 months were not on Cambridge. 80lbs is just under 6st so according to the SS guide of a stone a month it could take you 5-6 months of SS.

I think I am doing about 76lb and have already lost 22 of those in 5 weeks.
It really does come off quickly.

Good luck on the plan...

x

Good luck with your weight journey Witchy! How long have you been on cd?

Thank you Caroline for all the information! In our booklet here in Sweden it says no more than 3 week on only cd, but when I talk to others in Sweden, and read on the different forums, some seem to go longer on it. We only have shakes and soups that we can go on when it is 100% cambridge.

I think we have a lot less flavours here, and no porridge and tetras, but maybe it will come some day :).

Congratulations Sarett on your big weight loss! Have you been on the cd det 100% for 19 weeks? Have it been hard?

Congratulations on your weight loss Bijoux! SS means doing only cd, 100%, no food, right?

Tillyfloss, that was very rapidly! Congratulations! I have been on this diet for a week, but I havent been on the scale yet. I tend to be a bit hang up about it, so I decided to leave the scale out of it. Just feel the results on my clothes. I think I can feel some results already :D.

Hey just wanted to say good luck to you .
I had 77 lbs to lose and have lost 46 pounds already in 12 weeks.. time flys and its a fab diet.
Stick with it and your be at goal before you know it . x

I had around that amount to lose (cant remember exactly off the top of my head) and have been on the diet 4 months tomorrow and have lost 62.5 lbs, or just 4 and a half stone in that time. I am expecting to be on the diet another 3 months or so to get the final 2 and a half off and hopefully lose a few lbs while moving up the plans to maintenence. It will come off before you know it, but i do feel sorry for you not having the bars porridge and tetras!!

I had 77 lbs to lose and have lost 46 pounds already in 12 weeks.. time flys and its a fab diet.
That is amazing cant wait to get weighted next week now

not started yet

:character00255:
Hi, going to see my CD councillor today at 4.30.
Don't know what I will have to lose but I think it will be about 170 lb.
My first target is Sept 5th when I fly to USA; I have got the get my bum in the plane seat even if it kills me.
Second target is to reach goal.
I have seen lots of before and after photos and hope to lose between 70 and 100 lb in the 17 weeks between now and then.
8 stone should make all the difference in the world to how I feel.
Goal weight 13 stone.
Wish me luck.

Thanks! Thats amazing how much weight you lost!

I had around that amount to lose (cant remember exactly off the top of my head) and have been on the diet 4 months tomorrow and have lost 62.5 lbs, or just 4 and a half stone in that time. I am expecting to be on the diet another 3 months or so to get the final 2 and a half off and hopefully lose a few lbs while moving up the plans to maintenence. It will come off before you know it, but i do feel sorry for you not having the bars porridge and tetras!!

We do have the bars, but they are not allowed during the strickt cd 100% period. Due to too many carbs I think it was. You have lost a lot in four months! Congratulations! Have you been really strickt about it?

:character00255:
Hi, going to see my CD councillor today at 4.30.
Don't know what I will have to lose but I think it will be about 170 lb.
My first target is Sept 5th when I fly to USA; I have got the get my bum in the plane seat even if it kills me.
Second target is to reach goal.
I have seen lots of before and after photos and hope to lose between 70 and 100 lb in the 17 weeks between now and then.
8 stone should make all the difference in the world to how I feel.
Goal weight 13 stone.
Wish me luck.

How did your meeting go? I also have a traveling goal to look forward to. I am not sure where to, but in October I will take a trip with my sister. It would be great to be done by then! But I am not sure how fast this will go.

Thank you Caroline for all the information! In our booklet here in Sweden it says no more than 3 week on only cd, but when I talk to others in Sweden, and read on the different forums, some seem to go longer on it. We only have shakes and soups that we can go on when it is 100% cambridge.

I think we have a lot less flavours here, and no porridge and tetras, but maybe it will come some day :).

Oh yay! Someone else in Sweden. Oh yes, far less flavors and frankly, it very much depends on your CDC whether you get good solid advice or not. -My first one I had to change, she wasn't very astute-. What city are you in?

Nonetheless, since I just crossed the 80lbs barrier myself, I started the 11th of January so that puts me at exactly 4 months. I've had only one week of green and white added and other than that done SS only. (and yes, strict, haven't cheated ONCE) I was under the impression the norm was 12 weeks then one of break then another 12 and so on. I personally intend to do another 5 weeks of SS and then depending on where I am either work up the steps or return to SS after the break.

I don't speak much Swedish men lycka till!:D

Oh yay! Someone else in Sweden. Oh yes, far less flavors and frankly, it very much depends on your CDC whether you get good solid advice or not. -My first one I had to change, she wasn't very astute-. What city are you in?

Nonetheless, since I just crossed the 80lbs barrier myself, I started the 11th of January so that puts me at exactly 4 months. I've had only one week of green and white added and other than that done SS only. (and yes, strict, haven't cheated ONCE) I was under the impression the norm was 12 weeks then one of break then another 12 and so on. I personally intend to do another 5 weeks of SS and then depending on where I am either work up the steps or return to SS after the break.

I don't speak much Swedish men lycka till!:D

Hi there, we only have two CDC here, and one I didn't connect with at all. The other is quite layd back, doesn't give too much advice. But that alright, I think it will work out alright anyway.

I think it said only three weeks of solid CD here (3 meals of shake/soup a day), but now I can't find where I read it? Oh well, I might remember wrong. I will do one month of solid CD, and then I am starting a new job, and I can't really continue with the shake for lunch, so I am thinking I will do a healthy lunch, and then two or three shakes besides that.

I am amazed by your weightloss! And the fact that you havn't cheeted once! I am a bit nerveous about the summer. Always more social events then, and it's not always I want to bring the blender :).

Back