Need to lose 10 stone at the very least!

hello there x just wanted to say hi really - i am new here too. doing the canbridge diet which can be tough but aren't they all??!!! anyway something that is helping me is day by day mentality at minute. have always been overweight and have 4 stone to lose. if we look at the big amount to lose it for me can be soul destroying as i suffer with the impatientness that comes with an addictive nature - mine is def. carbs! but by living one day at a time, sticking to a day at a time things seem easier somehow. a bad day is a bad day, but no doubt tomorrow will be easier. i was so temptede to eat yesterday, but today so far feel fine and confident in sticking with it. good luck... something that helped me is... never sacrifice what u want most for what u want now!!! love to u x

I woke up this morning craving all the wrong stuff but I decided to take a walk instead and I swear I walked off the hunger pains :)

I woke up this morning craving all the wrong stuff but I decided to take a walk instead and I swear I walked off the hunger pains :)

I paint my nails if I have a moment like that :D x

A depressing day. I am very bloated and sluggish. Had my morning swim came in and weighed myself. A crap 1.5lb loss, made worse by my friend who told me "The bigger you are the easier it is to lose" I know she is right but she has never had a weight problem and now I feel like its all for nothing. Just try harder this week I suppose. Its one of those days I will better tomorrow just needed to vent.

how the hell can a 1.5 loss be crap, thats hell of a lot of weight, dont beat yourself up and dont listen to negative comments, you are doing well and should be proud of that loss, well done, carry on at that pace all the way and you will be at goal in no time. chin up :)

If you have PCOS 1.5lbs is a GOOD weightloss!

I was a huge comfort eater, weighing in at 24 st 4lbs. Like you I wanted to do some excercise too and our local pool sugested I started off with aqua fit for the over 50's even though I was 40!

This excercise class in the water hugely helped speed up the weight loss and I now go to the normal aqua fit class 3 times a week and have lost 82lbs since last August!

The comfort eating has long gone, so take heart x

Thanks guys. It just got on top of me. I swim Lucia 4-5 times a week and I think it is definatly helping me with my fitness. There is some aqua aerobics there but the class times are not good for me right now, but I am hoping with a schedule change I got coming up that will change. I used to do it when I was in my late teens and I was not big then. I am getting some indoor bike soon, so I can mix it up a bit.
You are right with the PCOS it does make the weight loss harder, I think it was just my friend telling me because I am so big I should lose more I put pressure on myself. Found a few more healthy low calorie stuff I like so that is good too. Thanks for the support it does help.

Hope you are still doing well, and enjoying the nice weather we have had this weekend?

Hope you are still doing well, and enjoying the nice weather we have had this weekend?
I went to a birthday BBQ and saw a friend I have not seen in 10 years! But I had some wine too and a big meal :( hopefully wont get too punished will be super good the rest of the week. Said no to the cake which is always something :)

If you lose 1.5 lb a week for a year, you'll lose 78 lb during that year. Or almost 6 stone. For us heavyweight dieters you can be sure there will be times where during the diet you either don't lose weight or even gain weight... No sweat, if you are eating right and exercising right, physics say you will lose all the weight eventually.

Keep calm and carry on.

Dont let others get you down or put yourself under too much pressure.
I find I lose the weight better when Im happy and not stressed.

This is YOUR journey, dont let anyone spoil it.

Keep up the fab work.xx :)

Just had my weigh in was just over 3.5lbs but I will call it 3.5. Better than last week at least :) Oh and I have left the 21s :)

Last edited:
Have injured myself so wont be able to exercise. I thought I might but it was too painful and the doctor told me not too for a bit. This has really got me down :( I will take my lack of it into account with what I eat.

Back