Need to lose 10 stone at the very least!

That must be so frustrating. It always seems to be that way with me, too, I always seem to end up with injuries when I start to lose weight.

It isa real ####%!

hope you feel better soon marie x just eat sensibly, forget the exercise until you have recovered and when you are ready get out for a gentle stroll, it all counts! x

have a great sunday :)

Thanks guys, the swelling and brusing has come down. The pain meds I got from the doctor are taking the edge off, I had a walk but only a short ons. I cant wait to get back to the pool. I have adjusted some of my diet so hopefully weigh in later this week will be ok.

Hi just read your diary. Swimming is a brilliant form of exercise. I wish I was a stronger swimmer, I can't go into the deep end without fretting.

I started at 21 stone, I completely understand the courage it would take to admit your weight to anyone. I've never told a soul (apart from my minimins buds) my weight. Not even now!!! I just can't do it. And a part of me thinks, so what it's none of their business anyway. Your losses are great! Mine used to vary greatly, some weeks I'd lose 5lbs others STS and others I'd gain, that was often followed the next week by an amazing loss so don't ever give up!

Exercise will be one of the best things you can do so definitely keep up the swimming, swimming will really help tone you up. Good luck xxxx

Well said Sarah..very supportive! x

How are you doing today Marie? Like sarah, i started at over 21 stone and am plodding on to lose all those extra stones, we will all do it! Sarah is a huge inspiration, her before pic and her present pic are jaw droppingly brilliant..what a transformation!

Have a great day ahead x

Well said Sarah..very supportive! x

How are you doing today Marie? Like sarah, i started at over 21 stone and am plodding on to lose all those extra stones, we will all do it! Sarah is a huge inspiration, her before pic and her present pic are jaw droppingly brilliant..what a transformation!

Have a great day ahead x

Yeah I really appreciated her message and its always good to hear sucess stories especially from people who like me have alot to lose. There is a few on here we have made me realise I am not alone and it can be done. You have done well too, so hopefully I will get there. Been very busy today, which id good but tiring as I have not been sleeping.

Just had my weigh in 2.5lbs lost. I was worried because of lack of exercise on doctors orders and it will continue through next week. But although not the best loss in the world a loss is a loss. Onwards for next week :)

Hi Marie. That's a great loss :) don't ever be disheartened by a loss it's all a step in the right direction :) xxxx well done xxx

Same weight loss as last week another 3.5lbs. If I do exactly the same next week I leave the 20s. But I wont be too gutted if I do not make it as long as I lose.

Hello,
I just saw your original post with the question about swimming & running/gym membership. Personally, I'd save the membership money & put it towards all the new clothes you're going to be able to buy :) Any exercise is great and if you're a larger lady, swimming is going to be the least stressful on your joints. There are a few ways you can make it extra effective though e.g. alternating easy lengths with hard ones. If you manage to get into the really-quite-puffed-out zone, you'll continue to burn more calories even after you stop exercising. If you've never run, then pulling on your shoes and heading out for a fast 5-miler is not the best plan but starting off walking is literally a step in the right direction. Even if it's only for 20 mins a day, brisk walking can be really helpful. Can you get out on a lunch break to fit it in, or 10 minutes before and after work? If you gradually build up how long you go out for, you can get to a point where you can put in short (even as little as 10 secs) spurts of jogging. By gradually decreasing the walking intervals & increasing the jogging ones you'll slowly become a runner. All of this comes with the caveat, of course, that your doctor has said it's OK to to that kind of exercise.

Hang in there & best of luck!
Claire

Hi Marie, you're doing brilliantly. Just think soon you'll see the 19's and never ever again will you see those scales read twenty something. :)

your losses are great! Really really good. You must be working hard. You deserve it xxx

Had a 3lb loss. My scales says just under 20 but it was closer to 280 then 279. I am happy though. Time to set a new mini goal I think.

Well done on the loss this week hun, that's amazing - keep at it hun and you will be saying goodbye to those numbers for once and for all! xx

Have not been on for a few days. Had a really bad chest infection and I was in hospital for a couple of days. I can eat normally from tomorrow so I am resuming the diet then and thursday back on light exercise. I am on this steroid and had no exercise this week. I was unable to eat or drink properly so they had me on this glucose rich stuff. I explained to the doctor about my diet and he said short term sorting this out was more important and admitted it was likely I would have gained a small amount. Weigh in tomorrow and I know I will have gained probably a couple of lbs. I am dreading it. I had been so strict with myself right up when I got ill, I thought it was a cold so I kept going then got really ill off it. Hopefully the days when i could not eat at all will have balanced out this. So bloody depressed.

Back