Need To Lose 6 stone!!! OMG!!!

MrsMe

Hi is there anyone out there that needs to lose this also??

I will tell you all a little about me~~
I have been this size before (jeans size 16, top 18!!!). managed to get down to a size 14 jeans and 12(ish) top. i never really kept a check on my weight and just went by the way my clothes fit, reckon i was around 12 and 1/2 stone maybe. But everything went wrong when i got into a relationship, you know the first few months of going out and having meals and such, then i fell pregnant. For the first 4-5 months of my pregnancy everything i ate came straight back up, so when this stopped i decided i would just eat anything!!! I ended up having my baby boy 4 weeks early, probably beacuse of this. Although the pregancy was over my binge carried on going. takeaways most nights, some nights dinner and takeaway. I have tried so many diets, SK, 3 day diet etc. etc. But i can never stick to these. 4 weeks ago i joined curves, but nothing in my eating habits changed and have actually gained 3lbs OMG!!! Now weighing 16st 5lbs i really want to lose about 6st, but would be happy even if i lost only half. Am really gonna give it my all this time.

Anyone care to join me in this very large mission??

MrsMe xXx

6 Stone!!!

oops, new on here!!! And thought i started a thread but put it on my blog instead hehe.
here's what i put on there a few mins ago.

My bf just rang to let me know he got paid today and he wants a curry in front of the tv tonight. We always have a curry once a month when we get paid so gonna have one, just make sure i have no snacks and a smaller lunch, i seem like im letting myself down already though. I am at the gym tonight, 30min walk there, 30min workout, also there tomorrow morn 2 so hopefully can burn a lil of it off through that. Am i just convincing myself to cheat already??:confused::confused:

xXx

Hey!!! Our stats are almost exactly the same! I have 6st 3lbs to lose also!

I'm due to start the cambridge diet on Monday and I'm really looking forward to it having lost weight before through sensible eating and over 2 years putting it back on plus some extra! Hopefully I can do this as I agree with you, 6 stone is quite a lot to lose.

hey!!
i've never stuck to a diet longer than two weeks, so opting for just makiong my food options a little better, like instead of having chips with my dinner having salad or veg, i don't have sugar in my tea or coffee but drink lots of full sugar fizzy drinks so am just having water. Gonna give myself a treat once a week, low fat crisps or a snack size choccie or something as ive found in the past that depriving myself completely is just setting myself up for failure.

also heard alot about cambridge diet, never done this what is it??

keep me posted on how you are getting on, will be a help to have someone to do this with

xXx

you are posting in the cambridge part of the forum so you are likely to hear a lot about it :)

at five foot 8 you would have four soups or shakes a day to begin with, and around 2.5 litres of water, and black tea or coffee. on average people lose around a stone a month although the initial weight losses can be amazing, some losing up to a stone in their first week in water and glycogen. it takes you into ketosis so you burn body fat.

abz xx

cost??

lol, only registered today so not sure what im doing.

does it cost much?? dont want to spend too much out as have a baby and flat and also pay 29 per month for the gym already.

xXx

Argh so didn't want to read about curry! Hopefully someone will be along soon that can move this

It is quite pricey indeed, around 40-50 quid a week if you are 5ft8 and over (because taller people need 4 packs a day instead of 3). It is really expensive if you are already paying for the gym. I pay £46 a month for david lloyds membership (where I live is so bloody expensive) and I'll be paying this extra 40quid a week too. I'm going to be skint by the end of this but I've tried healthy eating before and it did work but it took me quite a long time. I do still believe that the way you are doing it is the healthiest and best way to lose weight and if I wasn't so desperate that's what I'd do, so hats off to you :)

sorry!!

lol sorry i'm no longer having curry anyways as bf just called to say he had a burger meal for lunch and doesn't fancy it now. but im gonna wait til he gets in lol. or he will just have one tomoz.

woah!!! this diets not for me then lol. only have a lil bit of money weekly for myself as it is. i will try and stick to my healthy eating. i lost a stone in 4 weeks on that at beg of year. and a friend of a friend has lost 4 stone in 5 months. although i put mine back on plus more, she didnt:(.
xXx

i go to curves, have you heard of it?? it's only 29 per month. its circuit training, use a machine for 30secs, and then do aerobic excercise on recovery board for 30secs, there are 8 machines and 8 boards and you do the circuit 3 times and then stretch, as i have a baby and bf does overtime i have limited time to go to gym so is great for me. i only joined a month ago but havnt been taking it seriously so have actually gained weight :mad:

xXx

Hi Mrsme, welcome to the forum, it is quite hard to find your way around to start with.

I read your story and it is nearly exactly like my story..started a relationship, gained weight, ill pregnancy to start with then binging through the rest and continued...my daughter is now 5 this year..she starts school and i realised that iv been really overweight all her life..and last xmas, i was horrified with my pics an that was the start for me, i weighed myself and i was 15.2, so started calorie counting, it really made a difference to other times, because i thought im doing this and there is no reason why i cant be slim...now i weigh 13.1 and iv been doing it since end of jan so thats over 2 stone, all through calorie counting...but even the small changes were making a big difference..i was in denial about how much i was eating.

I feel great now, but still a good few stone to lose!

Hope this helps!! :)

hey little miss, its so hard to get started though isn't it?? i've started so many times just this year i've lost count!! i'm really good for breakfast and lunch but then bf gets in and he sits down with choccie or tea and biscuits and its hard to refuse when its in front of you!! i'm happy for that you have lost this weight already. maybe you can give me some pointers as i seem to be useless lol

thanks for replying
MrsMe xXx:)

Hi I have asked Admin to move your thread into a general weight loss section.

Hope your new regime goes well for you hun x

hey little miss, its so hard to get started though isn't it?? i've started so many times just this year i've lost count!! i'm really good for breakfast and lunch but then bf gets in and he sits down with choccie or tea and biscuits and its hard to refuse when its in front of you!! i'm happy for that you have lost this weight already. maybe you can give me some pointers as i seem to be useless lol

thanks for replying
MrsMe xXx:)

Yeah it is very hard to get started! Making the decision is the hardest part...once I seen those photos i knew I didnt want to be like that, I knew i had around 6/7 stone to lose, so it was hard to find motivation...i wanted a quick fix, but knew it would take ages. I couldn't do the diets with soups and shakes, i need my food, and i was scared i would put it on again when i ate normally...i see this more as a life change, once i get down to my goal, i will not put it on again, so i want to eat just now, the way i will then, you know what they say...if you eat like size 8 person then you will eventually be that size. I was getting sooo sick of starting a diet, doing it for a week, telling everyone im on a diet, then falling off the wagon, and ppl still asking me how its going even though i knew id gave in. This time i only told my partner, as i knew everyone probably heard me saying the same things a million times, and wondering why im still heavy...ppl starting to notice now and they didnt know i was even trying to lose weight, so its nice to see the shock on their faces...imagine what it will be like when i get to goal. I've still got around 5 more stone to lose.

My OH definatly caused my weight gain when we met i would have dinner then another dinner with him later on...and he'd cook lovely meals and deserts..now I have a small low cal meal for dinner...weight watchers micro meal or chicken breast and veg...but i still have to cook OH and daughter their meals...which is hard to start with, but im relieved when i see the calories in the stuff caus im like..thank god im no eating that!! Still buy chocolate and crisps and stuff but my desire to be skinny is way greater than my desire to eat some chocolate!! I was totally addicted to choclate, in a big way, probably around 3/4 bars a day along with biscuits and crisps and all the rest of the rubbish...im amazed at how im not addicted to it anymore..dont even want it. Even just a little bit triggers off my addiction again so iv tried to stay away from the odd low cal chocolate snack, just incase.

Hope this helps...as i said the small changes make difference....think about if you cut out all chocolate and biscuits...it would definately lead to a weight loss..then a while after that cut down on fatty meals then a while after that start small exersises...do it a bit at a time, as it makes it easier.

;)

hey little miss,
my bf doesn't cook but i would have dinner at my mums and then go meet him and have a little chinese when i got to his. and all them little t/a add up don't they. i currently go to gym although have decided to start calorie counting monday. how many calories did you start on??
i was thinking about 1200 mon to thurs and then 1400 fri to sun as my bf is home more and tend to eat more lol.
i've heard shifting calories also speeds up your motabolism (spelly??) and helps you lose weight faster.

keep me posted
MrsMe xXx

hey little miss,
my bf doesn't cook but i would have dinner at my mums and then go meet him and have a little chinese when i got to his. and all them little t/a add up don't they. i currently go to gym although have decided to start calorie counting monday. how many calories did you start on??
i was thinking about 1200 mon to thurs and then 1400 fri to sun as my bf is home more and tend to eat more lol.
i've heard shifting calories also speeds up your motabolism (spelly??) and helps you lose weight faster.

keep me posted
MrsMe xXx

Hi MrsMe, yeah the wee things definately do add up!!

Thats great that you go to the gym...how often do you go? I just cant find the time at all, although I do try and use my exercise bike and do some sit ups on my days off (work part time)

What you said about the calories you plan to use sounds ideal! Especially since you're burning more at the gym! and it gives you a wee bit extra for the weekend to have something nice...you'll be amazed at what you can eat with the calories....I got a big note book from my work and every day iv wrote what i eat and how many cals in each thing is (most foods i eat have cals printed on packet) it only takes 5 mins, and the weeks that iv lost weight, i can look back and see what iv eaten that have helped..and same for bad weeks...my weight loss has been good...i tried to put my weekly losses on my signature but it wouldnt let me..il send you a PM with them so you have an idea...i started at 1,000 cals a day, which is low but i wanted to start low to see what it was like and after a cpl days i literally couldnt eat any more.

:)

Cant send a PM so here goes...

Start 15.2
Week 1 - 14.10 (-6lbs)
Week 2 - 14.8 (-2lbs)
Week 3 - 14.6 (-2lbs)
Week 4 - 14.6 (STS)
Week 5 - 14.1 (-5lbs)
Week 6 - 14.1 (STS)
Week 7 - 13.12 (-3lbs)
Week 8 - 13.11 (-1b)
Week 9 - 13.8 (-3lbs)
Week 10 - 13.6 (-2lbs)
Week 11 - 13.3 (-3lbs)
Week 12 - 13.2 (-1lb)

I started my calorie counting 2 weeks before I started weighing myself and writing down my cals so I may have been heavier before my start weight.

wow in 12 weeks that is great!! its hard to think if i stick to this i vould be st lighter in weeks. i go 3 times a week, i walk there which takes 30mins and workout which is 30min circuit and cool down then my bf picks me up as i am pooped by the end lol.
can i ask how much this weight loss has effected the clothes style and size that you wear. they say to lose 1 dress size you need to lose on average 15lbs.
my brother has a bbq for his birthday on the 9th june and and hoping to lose a stone by then here are my mini goals. (fingers crossed)

mini goals

1.get into the 15st range
2.lose 7lbs
3.lose 14lbs by 9th june

Main goals

1.be more healthier so i can run around with my lil boy in the summer.
2.lose 6st (/goal weight,no set date but asap)
3.maintain weightloss

Hi I lost 6st and just got 5st 13lb to lose lol. It can be done. Myself I am on the cambridge diet. Need to shift the weight I have gained over the years as I am going to go to South Africa on holiday next Feb and seeing friends I have not seen in 8 years.
Keep focused and always choose the healthier option the key to success is planning all the way. Set yourself some mini goals and reward yourself not with food but with a new top, a day of pampering,etc.
Good luck
xxx

i am around the weight you are now. I have been on the cambridge diet and i have lost 19.5lb in 4 weeks. i am aiming to be 11stones by mid september 2009

Back