need to lose at least 30lbs by end of March 2017-- going to be a Bride!

Glad you enjoyed Harry Potter! It sounds amazing! Well done on making good choices too, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you when you weigh in :)

So much for good choices... I went home and scoffed too many chocolate covered raisins! gah! :( Weighed myself this morning and I seem to be the same. If I eat well today.. then I will be a maintain. *sigh*

Okay.. Today I have been pretty busy up and until now so haven't had the chance to eat too much! haha

Breakfast- grapes and a pink lady apple
Lunch- Home made soup (Chicken, kale, carrots, chicken stock, onion, brocilli, brussel sprouts with a couple of oxo cubes and bisto gravy granules.)

Syns
Graze Punnet- 9syns (it had nuts in it! :( But tasted good!)
Oxo-0.5 syns

Total- 9.5syns

HEXA- Semi skimmed milk
HEXB- Rocky road hifi bar

To be honest.. If I lose this week it will be a miracle! I havent really been focusing.. and I had TOM so been feeling a bit bloated. Fingers crossed it will be okay... If I can maintain over the Christmas period then I will be happy!

To be honest... after the amount of rubbish I ate last week.. I was very surprised it wasn't more then 0.5lbs!!

I am telling myself that I am going to try and stick to plan as much as posisble over Christmas. After all.. food is just fuel! I want to be able to eat to live.. and not to live to eat (which is what I am doing at the moment.) So basically still enjoy myself over Christmas but don't go mad.. you know?

In the past the excuse has always been "But I only ever get it at Christmas.. and I love it.. so I need to eat as much of it as possible before it goes for another year!"o_O And this.. is why I'm 15stone. :oops:

Breakfast- Fat Free Yoghurt with blueberries and 40g of Lidl fruit and fibre cereal
Lunch- Pesto pasta (made with quark and pesto)

Syns
Pesto- 7 (its 3.5 for a level tablespoon and I probably have about 2 of those on this.)

Total- 7 syns

So yesterday... I got home and was like.. right im going to be good! So I made the pesto pasta for supper using quark etc as I knew that was free.. The brand of pesto I got is SO HIGH in syns!! :mad: I then thought as a treat I would have some chocolate covered fruit.. but looking back now it appears I had too many.

Syns
Graze Punnet- 9syns
Oxo gravy-0.5 syns
Scala Pesto- 7syns
Chocolate covered fruits- 9syns

Total- 25.5 Syns

It really really annoys me how quickly the syns add up! Basically.. if you aren't eating fruit and veg.. then its "synn'd":mad::mad: I'm just grumbly because I ate too many syns yesterday.. Need to learn to work out the syns before I eat them.

Wow your day yesterday sounds so much like mine! I also had fruit and fat-free yogurt for breakfast and pesto pasta for dinner :) I ate WAY too much of it though, was stuffed afterwards! Did you have any superfree foods with yours? I chucked almost a whole punnet of mushrooms in mine...may have overdone it slightly!

It is funny we both gained the same amount this week...lets hope we both manage to maintain over Christmas! I'm going to have to be really good on the run up as I know my in-laws have bought me Jager and it would be rude not to have any ;) I always go in with the best intentions and it always backfires so I'll just have to see how it goes.

Best of luck to you! :)

I threw sweetcorn, brussel sprouts, onions, peppers and carrotts into my pesto pasta. Would have put mushrooms in it but we had run out. :) I bloody love it.. could eat TONS and TONS of it. (which isn't good seeing as its full of calories lol)

Rather you then me on the Jager! My tipple of choice is Baileys.. can't get enough of it! But sadly this year I think I need to stay away from it.

So last night we went to the cinema and I have to admit that I went over board.. ate way too many syns again. :oops::oops:

Food today is as follows:

Breakfast- Fat Free Yoghurt with blueberries and 40g of Lidl fruit and fibre cereal
Lunch- Chicken stock soup (basically chicken stock with veg! and a bit of oxo)

Syns
Oxo- 0.5syns
Biltong- 5.5syns

Total- 6syns

I have already managed to resist the cake that is staring at me in the face here in the office.. I've put my headphones on and trying to ignore everything. :p

Syns
Oxo- 0.5syns
Biltong- 5.5syns
Habas Fritas- 8syns

Total-
14syns

Damn it.. Habas Fritas are not as "good" as I thought they were.:(

Yesterdays Syns.. out of the window! And todays looking to be the same as our departmental manager is treating us to Pizza for lunch. o_O:confused:

Im going to try and limit myself to only 3 slices!

Well today is a right off.. damn pizza! I wolf down about 6 slices before I really thought about what I was doing. That's basically my whole daily allowance in calories in JUST ONE MEAL!

Thankfully I don't think I have time for supper later as I am having to drive to my mums after work.. and looking at how today is going.. i dont think I will be leaving work early. Was going to grab a sandwich or something on the way.. but might not now. I feel stupidly stuffed... and really regretting eating all that damn pizza!!

:mad::mad:

After Christmas weigh-in: 14stone 13lbs

Actually.. I have to admit I am pretty happy with this! I knew I wouldn't LOSE over christmas.. but I never thought I would maintain! . All in all.. I am happy!

Christmas was a chilled affair just seeing family. Now back at work to close the quarter.. so not quite as chilled! :(

Hope everyone else had a good christmas!

Last edited:
So.. yesterday food wise was great until I got home.. and I then pigged on a bit too much chocolate.. which means my syns were in the 20-30 range. :(

I "treated" myself to a Gingerbread latte on the way to work this morning (really wanted an Egg Nog but they had run out.) In my "I'm not awake" state, I forgot to order a skinny version. :( Just checked the syns and its 15.5!! thats my syns gone today already! gah!

I also had one of those Mcvities oaty break bars which I bought yesterday as I thought these were a HEB.. nope.. how wrong was I! Just checked it and they are 9.5 syns. My syns total is really not looking good today!

and CRAP! I forgot that Humous is synned too!! :upyours: I'm not doing very well today at all! Got a pretty busy day at work so wont have time to go to the shop for some lunch.. guess I will have to be careful with my syns for the rest of the week!

This was the one thing I used to struggle with when I was on Slimming World last time.. With Calorie counting, you can basically eat what you like in moderation.. as long as it fitted into your calories! So now.. I am having to almost re-train myself to check things first.. regardless on if it "fits" calorie wise.

*sigh* I will get there eventually..

Breakfast- Oaty breaks
Lunch- Humous with carrot and celery, then small bowl of SW risotto
Snacks- Pink lady apple

Syns
Oaty breaks- 9.5syns
Gingerbread latte- 15.5syns
Humous- 3syns

Total- 28 syns. :badmood:

Im beginning to think that Home is where the problem is! we were really good and had a tuna salad for supper with a hard boiled egg. I then at about 9pm decided that I fancied 4 thorntons truffles and 3 mini stollens. God knows how many syns I had and I've got to the point where I don't want to look it up. :( Especially as I was over already yesterday. *sigh*

Food today is as follows:

Breakfast- Blueberries and fat free vanilla yogurt

Lunch- mini humous pot with peppers and cucmber, a hard boiled egg and two extra light darirylea triangles (didnt realise that you can have 5!! as a HEB. damn it.)

Snacks- 2x mini stollen bites, pink lady apple.

Syns
mini stollen bites- 8syns (oh boy!)
Humous- 7syns

Total- 15syns

So I have just had an email...

"We are pleased to tell you that we have now recieved your wedding dress. If you would like to come for a fitting then please let us know.!

OH.. MY.. GOD.... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can't tell you how much I am freaking out right now.. I have not lost nearly as much as I would have liked in the past 4 months or so.. what on earth was I doing?!

It has spurred me on though I have to admit.. I have just booked myself in with a personal trainer to start on Monday. At the moment I will be having 10 sessions.. 1x 60mins a week every monday evening.

I have also been trying to work out timings.. to see if I could realisticly get up at 6am instead of 6:30.. so I could do T25 in the mornings before work. If I could try and get at least 30mins of exercise a day.. and make sure I eat well.. then i should be okay.. :whacky068:

Still freaking out a little....

Happy new year to everyone who is reading this! :)

So I got it wrong.. and my personal trainer starts NEXT monday (9th).. did think it was odd that he was working on a bank holiday! :p

My new years weekend was.. okay. I tried to be good and bar new years eve when i drank too much prosecco and ate too much cheese.. I did quite well.

Woke up yesterday and started my Exercise dvd, T25. The idea is that you work out for 25 mins a day, except Friday when you have a double workout :confused:.

Planned on getting up at 6am this morning to do day 2 before work... but my phone updated in the night which meant my alarm never went off. Woke up at 7:30am (which is the time I normally leave for work!) Thank god the roads are still pretty quiet otherwise I would have been REALLY late.

First weigh in after christmas tonight.. I am NOT looking forward to it!

Food:

Breakfast-40g Porridge oats (HEB), fat free yogurt and raspberries (Overnight oats! lol)
Lunch- Homemade Gammon soup
Snacks- SW salmon Pate (Quark, smoked salmon and lemon) with celery, peppers and cucumbers and an Apple

I am trying my dress on on Saturday and I am BRICKING it. :oops: Took my measurments the other day and I am convinced that I am going to be too fat for it. Hate the thought of being a dissapointment to my mum and to myself. Hence the increase in exercise.

Hi Pinkemi, and happy New Year! :) I've also yet to have my first post Christmas weigh in. Going to bite the bullet tomorrow, eek!!

please don't put too much pressure on yourself with the dress, you will definitely not be a disappointment no matter what. This is the toughest time of year to have a dress fitting, good luck (and try to enjoy it, it must be exciting to finally see it for real!) xx

Hi Littlemisspiggy!

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. I hope it isn't bad! I am not feeling too positive about tonight.. Fingers crossed it is okay! haha

I just hate the thought of seeing it on the peg and gushing how beautiful it is etc etc.. and then that feeling of dread when you go to try it on and the bloody thing doesn't fit. I had tears when I chose the damn thing (hate dress shopping at the best of times) because I felt so down in the dumps about my size. You would have thought that would have been the best motivation but progress has been so slow! So if it doesn't fit I think that will be the worst feeling in the world. :(

I am excited (on one hand) to see it though. They made some adjustments to it to make it my perfect dress.. so add some capped sleeves and a corset back... so hopefully the corset back will give me a bit of room to play with! haha

Happy New Year to you too Pinkemi! I'm weighing in tonight too for the first time since Christmas so best of luck to you for your weigh-in!

That's so exciting about your dress! Try not to worry too much about it, you've done so well already and as littlemisspiggy16 said, I'm sure you'd never be a disappointment. I bet once you see it on you'll feel fantastic :)

Oh I'm exactly the same with dress shopping, quite often get depressed with how rubbish certain dresses look on me so I know exactly how you feel. The corset should help though, and presumably they can make more adjustments if it's needed? X

Hi Grunka! Good luck for your weigh in later!!

Yeah they can do adjustments. This isnt an offical fitting per say. Basically they emailed me to say that my dress had arrived and would I like to come and see it. So i went.. can i try it on? My first offical fitting where they will take measurements again will be mid Feb! So i'm hoping to have dropped quite a bit by then! (Technically you can drop a dress size in a month right?!) Then apparently my second and final fitting will be a month before the wedding.. so around the last week in March. I'm going to kick up a fuss about this though as will want to make it as close to the wedding as possible! Then pick it up 2 weeks before the wedding (but im going to ask for the week of the wedding.)

I have a count-down on this website I am on to track what I have booked and what I haven't.... 116 days. AHHH!!! :eek:

Back