Need2bslim Induction diary

Morning, so how did the weigh in go then?

I found the whole weight loss thing has been a real eye opener for me. I discovered to my dismay that it takes 4 to 5 days to recover from a carb blip and the scales start to move again. That's interesting because it means when I'm maintaining I could afford to go for a meal out or something every now and then and not stress about weight gain so long as I continued with low carb lifestyle. The whole thing even in the early stages has taught me so much about my body.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi everyone, well weigh in was oin Monday and I just stayed the same so im a wee bit disappointed but not too much. I figure as long as im not gaining anything then thats a good thing. iv not measured myself for a couple weeks so I'll do that 2moro and hopefully iv lost an inch or 2. In saying that iv not had as much energy to exercise since Iv been on Atkins. I used to do 45 minutes bike/cross trainer/hand weights/sit ups at least 5 times a week. Now im abe to do the 45 minutes maybe twice a week and twice a week Im done after only about 10 - 20 minutes.

Iv made a lovely curry a couple times I would like to share with you -

cube and brown a chicken breast in some olive oil
add 3 teaspoons of Pataks Korma Paste (3g carbs)
add 1/4 teaspoon of chilli if you like it hotter (I used Very Lazy)
1/2 teaspoon garam masala (also optional but makes it nice)
then add a small about of water and some whipping cream (enough to steam the veg in)
I then added a few sprigs of broccoli and cauliflower and a good handfull of spinach as well as some fresh corriander and some salt

All you do is simmer everything for about 25 minutes and if the sauce is too runny just leave the lid off for a further few minutes untill it thickens up a bit. Its really nice you need to try it.

Hi n2bs - sorry to hear your stamina not as before. Would hope that you have more energy on atkins not less! My DH had a problem with the gym too - we finally tracked down he wasn't eating enough (beforehand and because appetite no longer an issue didnt notice:eek: ) plus not enough water.

Now both of us much better off - i'm up to 5-7 dance classes a week and regularly do 2 in a day;)

Good luck
Xx

Morning, that curry looks nice, you should post it in the recipe thread ;)

I find I have way more energy when I'm eating Atkins style, I get so lethargic when I'm eating carbs

I definately have more energy through the day in general. I used to get tired around 3pm and I dont anymore. I will definately try eating something before exercising from now on, thats a good tip.

Morning, how are you?

Hi Need ... hope you're having a good evening :)

Hi all, Im totally dying. I managed to stick to Atkins this weekend while iv been away in Benidorm. It wasnt that hard to stick to tbh but there may have been a couple of sauces that things were cooked in that were sugary plus i had a few grapes with my cheese. i never weighed myself today as iv been in bed all day but i'll do it tomorrow. What a hangover Iv got

Morning, Oooooh Benidorm, was the weather nice? good luck with the hangover LOL

The weather was nice and it was a good weekend but boy am I paying for it now plus Iv put 2lb on. Its probably Atkins Flu ive got as im feeling so tired and lightheaded. Hopefully I'll be back on track 2moro

Hope you feel better soon:)

Iv had 4 teaspoons of Sudafed syrup today as im really choked up so I dont think its going to well at all. It seems that my wild weekend away wasnt such a good idea after all diet wise.

B - cheese 1g omlette bacon
S - a whole tub of asda soft cheese 7g (Oh dear :()
D - chicken and veg 3g curry 2g cream 1g
S - 150g pistachio nuts 30g

Total Carbs - 44g

Safe to say that this has been a bad day on the diet. I had no idea the nuts were so high. I'll need to get myself back on track asap

Morning love, yes you have to be careful with nuts.

B - Cheese 1g omlette bacon
L - chicken and veg 3g curry 2g cream 1g
S - 1 tub cream cheese 7g
D - chicken pesto 1g
S - 20 olives 2g

Total carbs - 17g

Evening Need2 :)

Hay Alpaca, Im starting to feel back to normal now thank goodness. Im trying to keep to induction again this week

B - cheese 1g omlete bacon
L - chicken, pesto 1g
D - Chicken and lamb tikka with curried spinach, onion asnd peppers 5g
S - 2/3 tub Soft cheese 5g

Total carbs - 12g

Evening Need... I just love cream cheese although I've not had it in ages! :)

I love cream cheese too but I'm fussy on the brand lol. I dip all sorts of stuff in the cheese whether they sound good or not.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi n2bs:)

Dh made his great cheesecake dessert last night - broken biscuit in bottom of small individual ramekin - sugar free one for me. Then mix cream cheese, cream and some sf maple syrup for flavoring. Top with a few berries. Only few carbs per sering but very satisfying:D

Back