Needing help on low carb please

Dietingdon

Silver Member
I'm planning on starting on a low carb diet soon, but am really confused. A friend has told me not to do atkins, and it's too limited, so I decided, from this, to do low carb, not no carb. But I really dont know where to start, I know I can eat meat, cheese and eggs, but thats all. what else can I have? And what sort of weight loss will I be looking at? Really want to lose 3 stones by July.

Check out the stickys at the top of this and the atkins site - a lot of low carbers post on the atkins also.

you can get an idea of menu's, especially on the 'what are we eating thread' - i'd also advise getting some low carb books - the atkins one is good for guidelines, and the Neris and India idiot proof diet/pig to twig book is written more humourously than scientifically.

As with any diet, weight loss can vary. do the research and see if you think you can follow it. the good news is, you should see results in the first three weeks.

I did it last year and lost a stone in 8 weeks, but i sidetracked and am restarting again now.

Good luck, whatever you go with.

Hi Dietingdon, im new here and have started my low carb today. Im not 100% sure what im doing but the people on here are really friendly and help out if you ask a question. im sticking to no more than 20g of carbs a day and still not sure if i should be doing anything else. If you find out let me know. Lol

The amounts suggested of meat cheese and butter are NOT 'unlimited'. Low-carbing (Atkins, especially) is high fat, medium protein and low carb. The fats recommended tend to be 'good' ones, such as nut oils, etc. A good intake of low carb vegetables is advised, every single day.

I love low carbing and honestly feel that it is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. I eat way more vegetables than I used to, and I enjoy lots of sugar free treats and baked goods. Energy levels are high on this eating plan, terror of food and eating diminishes, and a real sense of wellbeing and of future success become the norm.

The amounts suggested of meat cheese and butter are NOT 'unlimited'. Low-carbing (Atkins, especially) is high fat, medium protein and low carb. The fats recommended tend to be 'good' ones, such as nut oils, etc. A good intake of low carb vegetables is advised, every single day.

I love low carbing and honestly feel that it is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. I eat way more vegetables than I used to, and I enjoy lots of sugar free treats and baked goods. Energy levels are high on this eating plan, terror of food and eating diminishes, and a real sense of wellbeing and of future success become the norm.

I can only echo this post... low carbing is like NO other woe!

Hi Dietdingdong. If you want a diet plan try searching metabolism miracle on the daily mail website. it sets it out very easily for you with a chart of the foods you can eat x

hi i have done Go Lower which is a low carb diet and have lost over 5 stone now.
low carb is great, good luck with your diet:)

Carb Counting.

If you want some help in this get a Collins Gem Carb Counter, a little pocket size book which gives you all the counts you want and only costs a few pence.
This type of diet is particularly a diabetics forte' and you can get lots of recipes from that sort of field (not that I'm suggesting a transfer to any of those forums).
Am finding this forum of such great help and inspiration.

I will have a hunt later, i think i might have one of those now you mention it

Back