Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Needing some advise

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by letsgetlosing, 9 August 2011 Social URL.

1. letsgetlosing

letsgetlosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hello all.
    Have stayed the same again this week. Looking for a little advise as to why my weigh loss seems to have slowed over past month.
    One thing I have got lapse with is measuring my skimmed milk. Could this really have a massive impact? Am on Green. Heres what I ate yesterday..

B- Weetabix (HEB )x2 with skimmed milk(HEA)
    (I alternate between weetabix and special k)
    L- Home made lentil soup(lentils, carrots, onions)
    D- SW quiche( toms, onions, mushrooms, green olives (1SYN) 4 cheese triangles (HEA) with half a tin of baked beans.
    Snacks- watermelon, banana,
    Syns - Vodka and diet coke 3, home made carrot cake (nosugar, no oil, made with WM flour) 5 syns

I am being totally honest. I do not go over syns but certainly use 10-15 each day. I have cut back on portion size of free food. I have cut back on wine(ive gone from half bottle every nite to 1 bottle for the week)
    My superfree is always pretty high.

Have been really thinking about this and come up with a couple of points-
    1. I have cut portion size of free food as im eating alot of superfree. Should i just eat free, freely? Good losses have been on weeks when I have eaten alot of free foods.
    2. I dont really snack between meals. Should I keep a few superfree nibbles on hand?
    3. use of syns. I have lately replaced alcohol with things like chocolate or mayo( all within syns) When i used my syns for wine , i didnt want any sweet treats.
    4. eggs....i ate alot of eggs this week...not excessive but over the week about 12. And i dont eat alot of eggs usually.

I have upped the excersize in the past month, alot of swimming. I know that could have affected the weight loss but thought my body would have caught up by now.
    this could be just a temporary stall I know, and im feeling positive so im not going to go and eat a mars bar for breakfast, but any advise will be gratefully received.

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Veggiegirl

Veggiegirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.5lb(0.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there - just a couple of little thoughts from me:-

Special k isn't a b choice - are you synning it? Think it's 5 or 6 per oz

I'd def measure out the milk as there could be a couple of extra syns there - or you may not be having enough and calcium aids weight loss.

Couldn't see a second b choice - maybe you're not getting enough fibre?

Not sure re the cake - I think the flour is synned per oz and also low syn cake sounds too good to be true if you know what I mean - maybe try synning it as ordinary cake just to see if that makes a difference?

The vodkas n cokes, were they measured? My home measures are v different from the pub lol! Might be worth checking that out.

Those were my instant thoughts :) With ref to the snacking, I would just go with how you feel - some days I eat between meals and sometimes not xx

4. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree when you say eat free foods freely, are you feeling hungry at all? looking at your diary above I don't feel there's much carbs there.

I found a good tool to use if I was concerned not eating enough or eating too much was the myfitnesspal.com calorie counter, not using it to dictate what I ate but usually found when I ate properly was having about 1550 calories a day, some days wasn't hitting that and then had slow losses or gains.

snacking doesn't work for me.

5. chun-ky

chun-ky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8.5lb(29.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I think measuring is sooo important hun. I thought when i started i wouldn't bother measuring milk as i only have it in tea. On day 1 though i did measure it out and used the lot on two cups of tea!! I drink at least 5 a day! I was really shocked and measure everyday now! xx

6. Chezzg

Chezzg Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The only thing I would add is mix up what you are eating a bit more, as our bodies get used to the same thing and can come to a stand still, so maybe have toast and fruit for breakfast, instead of weetabix and kellogs, also maybe try to reduce your syns to 10 a day and see if that helps. Good luck :) x

7. carlabsoon to be p

carlabsoon to be p Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(11.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would say maybe try measuring your milk, we did a test in group where we poured the amount of milk we would normally have in a cup of tea, into a measuring jug, just to see how much we actually have. Some people were really shocked as to how much they have! Also do you measure out your vodka using a proper spirits measurer, Jigger i think they're called, as a 35ml measure is 4 syns and a 25ml measure is 2.5 syns i think?! I know mine aren't the same as the pubs!!!! :)
    Also maybe try having some speed foods (the ones with the S or SS next to them in your book) that might help a bit.

Dont get disheartened though! imagine what it would be like if you didnt go to SW?!

8. letsgetlosing

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    you are all right about the milk. Probably if I think about it, I have about twice what I should be having.... And the vodka, I have measured out a 30ml serving size on a glass, so know thats a given.
    Carbs.. agree again... think Ive cut back on them to much. Am going over my first months food diaries and I can see I was eating a good amount of carbs throughout the day. I was also measuring milk ;)
    Now my cake... I made it with 140g of wm flour, sweeteners dissolved in a little hot water, 2 large tablespoons of FF natural yoghurt, 2 eggs, a pinch of cinnamon and a carrot grated. It sliced into 6 segments and I had one.
    Am annoyed with myself about the special k... cant believe the cereal everyone assumes is a healthy one, isnt! Good job I have weetabix. More filling anyway:)
    Thanks for taking the time x

9. letsgetlosing

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.23%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Just measured out my semi skimmed milk. And have used the lot and its not even 9am! MMMMM......
    Also am having 2 healthy extra Bs this week as I should be having with Green, see how I get on!
    Also looking it at, I may have been eating a lot of fruit. Will keep that to a sensible level.

10. kerryathome

kerryathome Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(22.28%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    you're inspiring me to measure my milk too.... will try that tomorrow xx

11. chun-ky

chun-ky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8.5lb(29.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Good luck this week xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.