Needing some new motivation

adele_30

Hi, i am new on here. I am also a Slimming World consultant, but even though I can motivate all my members my own has disappeared. I am joining this site with the hope that some will appear from some where and also cos this way my members will hopefully not see that I am stuck in a rutt, (not wanting to blog/contact anyone via facebook). Any help would be gratefully appreciated.:wave_cry:

Hi adele, to be honest i think its good that you've posted and been honest it shows the rest of us that its ok to have a blip and that even consultants struggle occasionally theres alot of motivational threads here and help. Good luck:)

I always find best motivation is a short term goal i'm going a wedding at beginning of June so aiming to lose as much as poss for that have you got a special day/night coming up in next few weeks you can think about a new outfit for and aim for that?
Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi, hunny, what a pickle to be in!

Sometimes we are so hard on ourselves.
Everyone loses motivation with 'work' and yours encompasses two parts of your life.
Do SW provide support/accountability for consultants?
I believe everyone needs peer to peer support,not only with weight loss, but in work/relationships/childcare and you must too or you wouldn't advocate SW.

Asking for help is a sign of strength not weakness.
All the best x

Hi Adele, Now there's a dilemma!

At the end of the day you are only human like the rest of us but it is hard to be in a position where you are supposed to be dishing out encouragement to everyone and yet feel so frustrated at the same time.
I wonder what would happen if you admitted to some in the class how you felt? I am sure that they would be only too willing to give you a bit of feedback on their tough times and how you helped them. Wouldn't that be a wonderful experience? After all if you have been doing it for a while I am sure you must have some really "favourite" and friendly ones that you can trust.

I have just been thro' a bit of a period myself where I have been struggling, altho' mainly due to health problems, so I know how difficult it is.

Hope you soon feel much more motivated.
Take care ..... :)

Hi all,

I would like to say Thank you to everyone for posting. Just to let you all know that I was member of Slimming World for a long time before i became a consultant, I managed to loose 4 stone and up till last February was 12 pounds away from Target. Since that time I have gained 4 although this is gains and losses. I know it doesn't sound much but my clothes are definitely feeling tighter and I just can't managed to loose this last stone.
There is another group on a different night to mine and have been saying for a few weeks that I will go but something always comes up and to be honest feel slightly embarrassed cos I used to go to this group and all the members know that I am consultant.

Just being on here today though has spurred me on and I will be making a fresh start after weigh in on Thursday. xxxx

Adele - you are not super woman - you are human - just like the rest of us!

You are a consultant but this does not mean that success has come easy to you and once at target you will stay there 100% week in week out.

This makes you more real and your clients will appreciate your honesty. You may not be ready to share your anxieties with your clients (and you don't need to) but I would recommend joining another group. Somewhere you can get the support you need. And it certainly isn't a sign of weakness that you need to do this ... it's a sign of strength.

HTH x

Rejoined on Thursday, weighing an extra 10 1/2 pounds and not 4 as previously posted. I spoke to my group at it and they are all behind me, in fact another member who has also rejoined on Thursday has come up with a challenge. Me and her are now competing to lose a stone before the end of July. Now I have a goal, competition and my determination is back. 100% so far and sticking with it. Thanks to all for your support!

Back