Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

Don't let it get to you. It would have been nice I know but just be more determined to get to the point they do stand up and notice. I remember my secret goal was that I noticed over the years no one in my family ever bought me a box of chocolates. They bought me other presents but year in year out, Christmas or birthday, I would never open a box of chocolates from my mum or sister. Other people did, but not them. I was sooo determined to get down into a size 10 so that they would be begging me to eat some chocolate LOL. I did get there eventually and lo and behold, the chocolates started appearing. Even once I had chicken pox so couldn't go out to buy some chocolate and my mum came home from Asda with a bag of funsized bars and a triple pack of my favourite Galaxy, I was amazed, even a little shocked at how much she bought.
So keep at it, knowing the best is yet to come. It is within your reach.

Last edited:
Re: Nefertari's Slim and Save diary

I'm sure she has noticed! 3.5 stone is a massive amount, can't help but notice it. She probably didn't really mean it how it's come across to you. You've done really, really well. I know it's hard but try not to take it to heart.

Thanks guys - you've helped me to see sense! I think she was trying to help and because I didn't get the wow effect that I was hoping for, I got upset. She's since been really complementary!

I'm freaking out about Egypt now - worrying I won't cope climbing in the Great Pyramid because I'm unfit and overweight :(

If it is anything like the 2nd pyramid, it isn't so much the climbing that is the problem (you are only going to the inner chamber which is right in the centre, not the top) but being able to walk crouching over. Like this:
491inside_pyramid[1].jpg
It's not very comfortable on your back or knees that's all, but it's only for a short time and the adrenalin will get you through it fine. I really wouldn't worry about it -- there's nothing they ain't seen before. :cool:

Thanks F - that's reassuring! I think I'd be okay walking like that - people have been telling me it's near vertical in terms of steepness but I've seen the plans and it doesn't look vertical to me. Someone else said 70 steps, then a straight walk, then 70 steps. I did the 199 steps in Whitby okay so think I could manage 70. Going to get out on the bike three times a week once I'm back home - that should get me fit over the remaining six weeks!

Boy, I am ill today - I've vomited once, got an upset stomach, and woke up at 3am with severe trapped wind which has only just cleared. And the mother of all coughs! Why? I'm on HOLIDAY!!! :(

Last edited:
:( How are you feeling now chick?

A bit better, thanks for asking :) Trapped wind has gone (I hope!) but I'm shattered on account of no sleep last night. Hoping the wind stays away tonight so I can get a good sleep in! Haven't had a proper night's sleep in 4 days! X

Aww I hope so too! Are you enjoying being home other than the being ill?

Well, I slept all night last night, thankfully! Woken up this morning to my cold being worse, stomach cramps and TOTM. At least no trapped wind - I couldn't take anymore of that. So much pain!

I didn't have any packs yesterday, just a plain chicken breast so today it's on (with full force!) with the diet. I just felt so ill yesterday that I didn't want to eat anything really.

I don't even know what number day I'm on today :S

No don't know her, just goggled it and picked one that looked like how I remember it. Really think you will be fine. It was only people with claustrophobia they were warning not to attempt going in.

Not sure I could cope with the pyramids! Not sure if you've been to Warwick Castle but even walking up the tower there freaked me out! I'm very jealous though, I'd love to do Egypt. Need to go so I can get leaflets and Egyptian stuff for school! So pleased you're feeling better today, hopefully you'll be completely back to normal tomorrow.

Sure, no real recipe though!

Par boil cubes of swede.
Whilst their cooking, fry off some shallot with dry fry along with coriander, cumin and curry spices -I used pre mixed spices from the healthy store.
Once brown, add chicken and fry until whitened.
Add chopped mushroom, courgette and cauliflower.
Add water, didn't measure it though, I just used the water from the swede until it looked about right!
Leave to simmer for around 30 minutes then eat and enjoy!

Like I said, not much of a recipe really lol

Back