Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

You could box up the cupcakes and give them out at the registry office or not have the cake made until you come back from honeymoon?

That's a good idea. Maybe we could just go out for a celebratory meal when we get back with our closest family/friends and have a cake then? That way they can celebrate with us and we can get to Heathrow on time!

That would work fine. It just means gathering everyone up again, that's why most people do it all on the same day. If you really see it as just a formality, have you considered just getting married at the local registry office in Swansea with just your witnesses and then have the bash when you get back, happily married and honeymooned? It might be a more cost-effective option and a little less stressful for you?

That would work fine. It just means gathering everyone up again, that's why most people do it all on the same day. If you really see it as just a formality, have you considered just getting married at the local registry office in Swansea with just your witnesses and then have the bash when you get back, happily married and honeymooned? It might be a more cost-effective option and a little less stressful for you?

Our parents would never forgive us if we did that! X

Ok, witnesses and parents? Or would it be more difficult getting from Swansea to Heathrow? You've got plenty of time to play about with it, you've just got to stick to budget and decide what bits are the most important for you. You'll get there!

Ok, witnesses and parents? Or would it be more difficult getting from Swansea to Heathrow? You've got plenty of time to play about with it, you've just got to stick to budget and decide what bits are the most important for you. You'll get there!

Yeah, I'm not fretting about it just yet. Easier for us to go over there to get married as all of our family is there - otherwise they'd all have to travel here and then we'd still have to travel back that way for Heathrow! X

Just weighed and I've lost 2lbs! Yes! That means I'm down 1lb from what I was before I stopped doing the VLCD! So happy!

It's really cheered me up after I've been suffering with severe trapped wind for the last 12hrs. Only just dispersed. I rang NHS Direct for some advice and the nurse said it's probably a touch of IBS due to my changes in diet. I think it's the gluten that does it - I had two tortilla wraps yesterday and half a petit pain. White flour is the Devil's work!

So, I'm going to try and go gluten free from now on and see how I get on! X

Well done!!! And having an excuse to steer clear of bread can only be a good thing :)

I'll be coming back to these pages when i'm ready for refeed to see what you did and copy!!

I'll be happy to advise! To only gain 1lb and then lose it the next week has blown my mind to be honest! I'm going to start phasing out the food packs next month. So I'll have a pack for breakfast and then a healthy lunch. Then the month after, goodbye food packs! :D

Re: Nefertari's Slim and Save journey to lose 130lbs

I think I managed to miss a page, didn't see you say you were stopping doing a VLCD. What made you decide that?

I think I managed to miss a page, didn't see you say you were stopping doing a VLCD. What made you decide that?

Ah, it was a couple of weeks ago - I came back from holiday and was annoyed that I'd gained 7lbs eating healthily for 5 days! I'm just sick of that huge 'gain' every time I come off a VLCD for special occasion. Plus, the urgency isn't there anymore. I'm looking good, feeling good, and so I am happy to lose 1-2lbs a week eating healthily. I want something that's manageable in the long term now x

Re: Nefertari's Slim and Save journey to lose 130lbs

Yeah that makes sense, think that's probably for the best in the long run.

Steered clear of extra carbs altogether today as I didn't want a repeat of Tuesday night. Never felt so bad in all my life! And it's had a knock-on effect as I've felt exhausted all day today, and completely washed out.

Absolutely dying to get on the scales for my official WI on Sat - would love to see the 15s! :D

I was bang on 13 stone on Tuesday but I'm sure you'll see the 15's before I see the 12's. Not long now for you now.

Have you ever tested to see if you are coeliac? It might be worth going to the doctor just so you can rule it out, especially if you are finding carbs make you feel tired.

I was bang on 13 stone on Tuesday but I'm sure you'll see the 15's before I see the 12's. Not long now for you now.

Have you ever tested to see if you are coeliac? It might be worth going to the doctor just so you can rule it out, especially if you are finding carbs make you feel tired.

Good luck to us both then!

I am going to make an appointment with the doctor - NHS Direct advised me to since my 'symptoms' have been going on for quite a long time. I will mention it only seems to happen when I eat white flour products and see what they say.

Back