Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

See how it goes but think how great you would feel if you went away :airplane: at your lowest adult weight ever! You might just be able to do it! Certainly something to aim for to keep you on track. Lots of :waterbottle:.
Good luck!

That would be 20lbs in 6 weeks to get to my lowest adult weight - never going to happen. I'm being realistic. 15'4 is my aim I think - so 12lbs to go.

Hello, how's you? How's the new job and dieting going? All well I hope, you're very quiet. I had a really good week -- it was hard but I just kept saying No to myself and I lost 3lbs so well worth it. Got a wedding to go to next month and it would be nice to get a few lbs off for that. Hope you're managing to stick at it too for your holiday.

Loving the new job. Very, very busy though - working 40hrs a week and trying to write my thesis. I don't have time to breathe! Needless to say, the diet has suffered. I've been 16'5 for three weeks so at least I'm not gaining but I have got to get back into a routine!

I feel empowered today so I'm going for a good day!

I've spent the best part of the day reading your diary from the start to finish.
Wow. . . You've done amazing just go I can do as well as you. Good luck for Palma x

I've spent the best part of the day reading your diary from the start to finish.
Wow. . . You've done amazing just go I can do as well as you. Good luck for Palma x

Thanks hun! I've been at a bit of a standstill lately but I've lost 1lb this week so far so hoping I'm on the down again!

My OH and I bought a Bedford Rascal campervan a couple of weeks ago - we're doing it up to tour Italy in it for our honeymoon. We were planning Egypt but it looks as though that's out of the question so we've made alternative plans.

Anyway, it was a right state inside when we got it:

image-2970658160.jpg

image-1735945334.jpg

Filthy, beige and the carpeting was like a bad patchwork stuck together with some brown substance that was all over the carpet. The 'upholstery' was a duvet cover that still had the poppers on it! And underneath that was this monstrosity:

image-1165699279.jpg

We've stripped everything out, cleaned, reupholstered (rather patriotically) and today we've carpeted the entire interior and added blinds:

image-235763660.jpg

I'm so pleased with how it's coming along - I can't wait to trundle off to Italy in it!

What do you guys think of it so far? X

I WANT ONE! And I want you to design it! What a difference you have made. It looks gorgeous. You've done a superb job. How romantic, going off into the sunset in that. Awwwww! Always wanted a Rascal.:p
Well done on the lb! In the right direction and it all counts! I would be delighted with a pound this week, the week I have had.

I WANT ONE! And I want you to design it! What a difference you have made. It looks gorgeous. You've done a superb job. How romantic, going off into the sunset in that. Awwwww! Always wanted a Rascal.:p
Well done on the lb! In the right direction and it all counts! I would be delighted with a pound this week, the week I have had.

Thanks, F! It's taking me so long to get back on track - I think it's because my whole routine has changed. I don't get much of a chance to go out on the bike now. I go after work sometimes but not very far as it's late. I think once my dissertation is done, I'll be able to focus on working out a routine that includes exercise, work, uni work and time with my OH...I hope!

Last edited:
Yes, a routine helps a lot I find. Like I can't really miss a walk or the dog gets a bit restless! Do you have a deadline for your dissertation? I'm sure things will settle down soon, the new job was a big change to your routine.
Was the Egypt trip working out too expensive in the end? Italy sounds fab, very romantic.

Yes, a routine helps a lot I find. Like I can't really miss a walk or the dog gets a bit restless! Do you have a deadline for your dissertation? I'm sure things will settle down soon, the new job was a big change to your routine.
Was the Egypt trip working out too expensive in the end? Italy sounds fab, very romantic.

It's due 30th Sept but I'm going to Palma on 21st so I'm going to have to get it done early. Not even one third done yet eeeeeek!

It's not the expense, it's the fact that there's people dying there and lots of violence - just don't think it's safe and we don't want to risk booking and then it still not being safe at the time.

Probably wise. I wanted to go back to the Nile for our honeymoon last year but OH ruled it out because it was so unsettled. You can always do it for one of your wedding anniversaries one day!

Back