Nefertari's journey to lose 130lbs

YAY, great to hear from you! From Wales to Scotland - way to go!!! Sounds like you're not only moving to Scotland but you're aiming for the HIGHLANDS! Even better! Aberdeen is only about 2 hours away (we live near Inverness) which is nothing in terms of Scotland -- it's nearly four hours south to Edinburgh and Glasgow, and as for John o' Groats well that's even further north than we are, you can't get much further than that as you know. Never been there but it would be quite rural I would imagine. It is really lovely living in the Highlands, wonderful scenery, great sunsets and people are so friendly. Best thing I ever did, besides getting married, was moving here! You must come and visit if you are up for interviews!

Love the knitting. It looks like you are better than me. That looks like a fancy stitch. I can only do plain and pearl. I've been knitting squares in shades of brown for a patchwork blanket but haven't looked it for years! Been doing jigsaws instead.

You're diet sounds very good indeed, sounds as if you haven't gone off the rails too much at all and you are maintaining. I'm doing 3 packs and a protein meal and still plodding on. Hoping to get in the 11's by Christmas. Where do you want to get to?
Great to see you back. You'll get your mojo soon and get some more off for that graduation dress, you'll see. have you bought it yet? if not, why don't you buy it, a size smaller, and hang it up to inspire you?

Last edited:
Hi guys :) good to see everyone plodding on. I stalled then went backwards. Just got a grip again and now just trying to shave off some lard before Christmas :)

always gravitate ate to see what you are doing when need to get back in the zone

Great to see you again, Angie!

That scarf is all knitting, F - no fancy stitching at all! Knitted the whole back piece of a jumper on Sunday evening:

image-2601947016.jpg

I used a pattern and everything! Did decreases and increases for the first time too. So proud. Loving this knitting lark.

Yes, the Highlands are our aim! It's just a matter of M finding a job up there and we're off! He's applied to the Civil Nucleur Constabulary so we're waiting to hear back. We were originally aiming for Orkney but not many jobs so remaining on the mainland for now. Will definitely have to visit!

Really need to get my head in the right place with dieting again. Think I'm complacent because I'm quite happy as I am. Don't feel like the fat girl anymore but would obviously still like to be slimmer. This was me at Warwick Castle a couple of weeks ago:

image-1359820310.jpg

Need to focus on my wedding! Want to be a size 14! That's two sizes to drop!

Lovely photo, and I agree, you're lookin' good, very trim. I just remember this gorgeous dress (you have such great taste in clothes!) you had picked out for your graduation, and of course the fantastic wedding dress you had your eye on. You'll get there, it will come back when you are good and ready and then you will tackle the last bit with your same determination.

Love the knitting, and you're very a fast knitter to do all that in one evening. Can't wait to see the finished result. I have only knitted a whole jumper from a pattern once, years ago, and I was living with my sister at the time who was able to translate the pattern for me and put me right a few times but you have inspired me. There is a wool shop in the high street here and I am thinking I will go in and buy the wool and her easiest pattern for a jumper. Far more worthwhile than jigsaws!

So exciting that you might be moving to the Highlands soon. You really will love it. Fingers crossed.

It's gorgeous! Very professional looking. Is that just stocking stitch (knit one, purl one)? Why are you going to unravel it? Just to redo the seams? Surely there's no need to reknit the whole thing? Love the colour.

Really struggling diet-wise. Wrong time of year I suppose! Just trying to maintain over Christmas then it's all systems go in the New Year. I'd love to be in the low 16s for graduation on 23rd Jan.

I get my MA result on Wednesday. Eeeeeeeeek!

A lot of people are struggling this month, with the run up to Christmas. You'll do it! Have you bought your dress yet? What about the 15's!!
Good luck on Wednesday, though I am sure you'll have done well :cross:

15s are looking unlikely. Not in that time. Although I'm going to join some form of slimming club in the New Year so you never know! If I could get to 16'5, I'd be Class I Obese which would be great. Then the next stop is just 'Overweight'!

Last edited:
Yes, that is a great line to cross indeed and a good aim. How much do you need to lose to get there? Have you considered SW? A lot of people on here are doing very well on that, either with classes or online. I'm sure there will be lots of good joining offers in the New Year.
I'm struggling a bit but fighting to stay on plan until Dec 22nd. Got a couple of lbs to lose to get back to my lowest weight this year and want to end the year on a high, at my lowest, if you see what I mean, and hit the 3 stone mark in one year. Look at how far you have come in a year too!

Last edited:
That's true. I'm still much lighter than I was at the beginning of the year when I started. 4 sizes smaller!

I'm thinking of WW as I tend to go off track on SW, using it as an excuse to eat loads of pasta! WW usually have good deals on in the New Year too.

I just need some structure because clearly I've lost my ability to be strict with myself!

Hi Nefertari - just popped in to say WOW on your losses, and keep it up!

I understand your need for the structure that meetings can bring - think I might do the same in the New Year - just not sure which one. I want to keep eating a Med diet I think both SW and WW cater for that...?

Susie x

Hi Nefertari - just popped in to say WOW on your losses, and keep it up! I understand your need for the structure that meetings can bring - think I might do the same in the New Year - just not sure which one. I want to keep eating a Med diet I think both SW and WW cater for that...? Susie x

Thanks hun! That sounds yummy - I know Tesco Diets do a Med diet xx

Back