Nellylou -2 stone to go! I can do it with SW

Choc orange digestives? I need them in my life! I've had one of those days too, it's been a bad one for food :/ Some days I feel like I have no motivation or energy to eat well but then I'm really motivated on other days...

They are pretty tasty, don't buy them ;) xx

Went to bed at midnight and then got woken up by a very stressed Charles at 1.30, apparently Bella had been screaming at him for the whole hour and a half :( he was so stressed out! She settled slightly with me (don't think this made him feel any better) and I made him go to bed at 2.... I'm hoping he will get up to relieve me at 7. It's really difficult as since she has had colic he seems to have lost his confidence with her :(

She's been really unsettled unless she's sleeping on me and was very quiet yesterday :/ it's scary having such a tiny baby x

Went to bed at midnight and then got woken up by a very stressed Charles at 1.30, apparently Bella had been screaming at him for the whole hour and a half :( he was so stressed out! She settled slightly with me (don't think this made him feel any better) and I made him go to bed at 2.... I'm hoping he will get up to relieve me at 7. It's really difficult as since she has had colic he seems to have lost his confidence with her :( She's been really unsettled unless she's sleeping on me and was very quiet yesterday :/ it's scary having such a tiny baby x

Bless you guys, it's tough when they won't settle. Colin said the other day that he used to feel like all he ever got was screaming, that Seth didn't love him. It's so hard in the first few weeks when you give and give and see nothing in return. Once she smiles at him he'll feel so much happier, Colin certainly did. It's tough when they're teeny but it does get easier! Hope you're getting some sleep now xxx

Bless you guys, it's tough when they won't settle. Colin said the other day that he used to feel like all he ever got was screaming, that Seth didn't love him. It's so hard in the first few weeks when you give and give and see nothing in return. Once she smiles at him he'll feel so much happier, Colin certainly did. It's tough when they're teeny but it does get easier! Hope you're getting some sleep now xxx

It must be hard for them - she just seems to settle better with me over the last few days, we had it easy the first week and a half (serves us right for being smug eh!?) ;)

It's just the inconsolable screaming, heartbreaking but frustrating too - anyway she has just had a bottle and fallen asleep on me so fingers crossed the infacol Is working..

Thanks for replying hun it's so good to be able to come on here and letting it out. I managed to get some sleep while Bella slept so not feeling to bad xx

Another unsettled night (well early hours of the morning) with baby. I was lucky and slept from around 11.30 till 3 when Charles came in with her, she was really unsettled and cried on and off till her next feed at 5am - she really doesn't seem to like that time of the night / morning. It seems she is much more settled with me which I guess is normal? Up until the last few days she was just as settled with us both, it's def getting him down... :(

Going to see my gran today and want to get some pictures of her with Bella :)

Food plan for today:

(B) Xmas pud hi fi and an apple

(L) bacon sarnie

(D) lasagne and salad

Another unsettled night (well early hours of the morning) with baby. I was lucky and slept from around 11.30 till 3 when Charles came in with her, she was really unsettled and cried on and off till her next feed at 5am - she really doesn't seem to like that time of the night / morning. Going to see my gran today and want to get some pictures of her with Bella :) Food plan for today: (B) Xmas pud hi fi (L) bacon sarnie (D) lasagne and salad

It's so frustrating and upsetting too when they cry like that - I completely sympathise. Seth is ok overnight as rule, it's late afternoon/evening when we struggle with him and he often has mega bouts of crying for no reason that we can find. He sucks for comfort during that time so I end up chained to the sofa with a baby attached all evening! Am very good at eating with one hand now lol ;)

It does get better though, Seth's a lot calmer than he was at a few weeks old. He's easier to distract now as well which helps as he's starting to get interested in his toys!

Is Charles back at work yet? Hang in there, you're doing great! It's totally normal for babies to be more settled for mummy (they know you better after all) but it's hard for dad. Colin found it tough and kept saying he was worried that Seth didn't like him but now Seth's getting bigger he loves his daddy and he gets more smiles than I do! xxx

you are doing great, i cant imagine what its like to look after a newborn but i KNOW you are being the best mum you can,
im sure it will get easier in time as she settles in to this world :)
im doing great thanks just working and trying to save money as per usual hehe xxx

you are doing great, i cant imagine what its like to look after a newborn but i KNOW you are being the best mum you can,
im sure it will get easier in time as she settles in to this world :)
im doing great thanks just working and trying to save money as per usual hehe xxx

Thanks Brit, I go from feeling really confident to a complete nervous wreck in minutes! Today Charles went back to work and it's actually been ok :)

I'm glad your doing good xx

It's so frustrating and upsetting too when they cry like that - I completely sympathise. Seth is ok overnight as rule, it's late afternoon/evening when we struggle with him and he often has mega bouts of crying for no reason that we can find. He sucks for comfort during that time so I end up chained to the sofa with a baby attached all evening! Am very good at eating with one hand now lol ;)

It does get better though, Seth's a lot calmer than he was at a few weeks old. He's easier to distract now as well which helps as he's starting to get interested in his toys!

Is Charles back at work yet? Hang in there, you're doing great! It's totally normal for babies to be more settled for mummy (they know you better after all) but it's hard for dad. Colin found it tough and kept saying he was worried that Seth didn't like him but now Seth's getting bigger he loves his daddy and he gets more smiles than I do! xxx

I had a cry on the phone to my sister earlier and she said the same as you that it does get easier over the next few weeks. I slept from 10-12 last night and then was up with Bella who didn't sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time until about 6am when she slept for 2 hours and then another 2 hours 9-11 so I slept when she slept which makes you feel your doing nothing but look after baby... Had a friend here this afternoon which has made me feel more normal as I managed to have a shower and do a little housework while she snuggled baby.

It was Charles's first day back today so just a bit of a shock to the system xx

Have been sleeping when Bella sleeps through the night, she's actually been quite kind to me and has fallen asleep straight after feeds so I've managed to get some decent sleep.

Been thinking about my diet, I know it's early with baby being just 2 weeks old but I need to sort it out mainly so I don't gain any more weight.... Have just eaten a Xmas pud hi fi bar! And have pâté to use up (my pregnancy craving) but I'm defiantly going to be making more of an effort. Yesterday apart from some pâté on toast I think I just ate chocolate and biscuits all day :/

Today I have my friend and her 2 year old visiting, then I have a docs appointment later in the afternoon which my mum is taking me too as I'm not confident yet to take Bella somewhere on my own. (Mainly due to not being able to walk yet due to infection) I cannot wait to get out with the pram!!!

I had a cry on the phone to my sister earlier and she said the same as you that it does get easier over the next few weeks. I slept from 10-12 last night and then was up with Bella who didn't sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time until about 6am when she slept for 2 hours and then another 2 hours 9-11 so I slept when she slept which makes you feel your doing nothing but look after baby... Had a friend here this afternoon which has made me feel more normal as I managed to have a shower and do a little housework while she snuggled baby. It was Charles's first day back today so just a bit of a shock to the system xx

It's a big thing for me - feeling normal and feeling as though I still have an identity other than Seth's mummy. As soon as I was able to do normal things again I felt a lot better about everything. I'm sure it'll be the same for you too! It was hard the first day on my own with Seth and tbh I was terrified but I really enjoy our little mummy/son bonding days now ;) I even take him out on my own now when Colin's off work and monopolise him!

Your sister's right - you get different challenges all the time but overall I think everything is getting easier to deal with as time goes on. Don't doubt how well you are doing! You'll feel better as you recover from your infection too, I've had a long recovery myself from the section so I understand how frustrating it is feeling restricted. But I'm so much better now than I was and you'll feel much better once you can get out for a bit when you want to xxx

Hi hun x just popping into see how you are. x

I hope you're ok hun. It must be so hard at the start (I'm going to find out soon enough). As it's not only us mummies who have to try and figure it all out - the babies do too. But please don't fret, you're doing such a good job and things will get easier.

I hope you have a nice day hun with little Bella :) xx

I couldn't help but notice you mentioned pâté, now I just LOVE pâté but been avoiding it, is it safe to eat? *crossing fingers* x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I couldn't help but notice you mentioned pâté, now I just LOVE pâté but been avoiding it, is it safe to eat? *crossing fingers* x Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Unfortunately not hun :( it's on the list of things we can't have x think it's cause it's uncooked or something x

Hi hun x just popping into see how you are. x

I hope you're ok hun. It must be so hard at the start (I'm going to find out soon enough). As it's not only us mummies who have to try and figure it all out - the babies do too. But please don't fret, you're doing such a good job and things will get easier.

I hope you have a nice day hun with little Bella :) xx

I am finding it hard to be honest, earlier this evening I was on the verge of tears and just had the desperate need to get away from her :( now she is fast asleep on me melting my heart with how amazing she is, it's crazy but lovely having a newborn (I'm sure the tiredness didn't help earlier) xx

I couldn't help but notice you mentioned pâté, now I just LOVE pâté but been avoiding it, is it safe to eat? *crossing fingers* x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Unfortunately not hun :( it's on the list of things we can't have x think it's cause it's uncooked or something x

Ahhh I know, I was desperate fir it while pregnant but as Jess has already said unfortunately its one of those foods we can't have :(

I've been making up for it this week tho with the amount I've eaten! Xx

Back