Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

Hey Jim,
I lost 3lbs last week so not terribly worried. Also have my TOTM and I have always been prone to water retention around that time.
I am feeling good still and still in ketosis so am ok with no loss. Just sticking to the water and the low carbs and looking hopeful to a loss next week
peachy
x

Hi Peachy, that's a good outlook to have. It's annoying when you don't lose, but you have probably lost inches this last week, but it's just not showing on the scales.

You are doing great and having read nearly all of IPD now, it has to work in the long run.

I'm sure you'll be fine Peachy.

Yup yup yup - I'm with Jim on this one... you'll be fine... at the end of the day, if you are in ketosis, you will be losing - TOTM just really messes everything up (grrrr).

Hope your day was ok today. I had a bit of an ARGHHH moment this evening and had a chinese - no noodles or rice or anything... just some yuk shung (mincey stuff in lettuce), and some ribs... all ok, apart from the fact the ribs come in syrup. DOH!! I actually wiped each one with kitchen roll - but they were still quite sweet, so don't think I escaped the danger zone! Haha.

A xx

Ah Chinese, always my downfall Anna. I try to stick to the salt ribs rather than the sticky. The yuk shung should be fine thought I'd have thought, it's only minced pork.

Hello you lot,
How you all doing?
I made my own ribs last night, they were delicious and here is how i done it.
Bought my ribs from the supermarket - about 12 in total.
So I seperated them with some scissors and then marinaded in a mixture of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, drop of marsala, some dried chilli, little bit of sweetener for about half an hour.
Then i placed them on a rack over a baking tray half filled with warm water and cook on Gas mark 4 for 30 mins. Turned the ribs over and covered with remaining marinade then gave them another 30 - 40 mins.
They were lovely even went crispy round the edges like from the chinese.
yum yum.
Oh and my trousers are definetly looser today.
for lunch i have salad and egg mayo - for brekkie had bacon egg and mushrooms and tonight i need to go to the supermarket.
see ya
peachy
x

Hi Peachy, sounds lovely to me hun.

Welcome to the forum and the low carb board! I have read the book too, but am not fully following low carb yet. But it's a great read and some good recipes.

Check out the threads on the Atkins board also. There are some good recipes on there too!

hey thankyou! ill go have a look. Ive only tred a few things out of the actual cookbook (im not a very good cook)

I dont suppose you know where you get get ketostix from? or how you tell? i know about the white tongue but is that the only tell tale sign?

xxx

Welcome Miss_Gray! Welcome to our pig to twig section! So, four days in how are you finding it? Managed to resist the urge to weigh yourself yet? xx

well its my totm so im resisting for now lol i get terrible water retention

erm its not been too bad im feeling really tired and headachey today though. and so far ive resisted temptation as hard as its been lol. i was a huge sugar adict though i didnt know just how adicted until i started on this diet lol. But so far so good. I made the sausage and egg "muffins" today and theyre really tasty!

how are you finding it?

xxx

Hello Miss grey and welcome to the board.

Woofy, were you at GOSH yesterday? and if so how did it go love.

Hello Miss grey and welcome to the board.

Woofy, were you at GOSH yesterday? and if so how did it go love.

Welcome, Miss Grey.

Jim,Jim. Yes, was up here again... Ive posted on the other side love chops

Woofy X

Yes I read your post woofy, sorry.

Back