Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

I have just done some research on husks and it does say that the increase of fibre can cause bloating and gas. It could be that I haven't drunk enough water for it, but I am a bit scared now and might give them a wide berth. :( Will see how it feels by the morning.

Shame about the psyllium Sarah. But if things are OK for you stomach and constipation-wise at the moment maybe you don't need them? If you make sure you drink enough water and that you choose veg with a good fibre content you will probably stay ok. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! x

Shame about the psyllium Sarah. But if things are OK for you stomach and constipation-wise at the moment maybe you don't need them? If you make sure you drink enough water and that you choose veg with a good fibre content you will probably stay ok. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! x

Well the odd thing is that things were fine but recently have been a bit "slower", so that's why I thought about taking them. I think I will just do as you say and stick with glugging the water and keep munching my veggies. Funilly enough it only started after I introduced food and tried some CD products. I am sure it will right itself. I can't cope with the pains I have tonight every day. So am going to give them a wide berth.

Day 8 today,
I am fed up today. Not with the diet but with everything
Fed up of sitting at a desk doing spreadsheets
Fed up with working all the time and when I'm not then I'm too tired to do anything else.
What is wrong with me, will it pass?
Hope so,
apart from that I had sausages for breakfast and have chicken caesar without the croutons.
here's to my miserable day
peachy
x

Hmmm, Usually on Low Carb diets people feel full of energy Peachy. I hope your not coming down with something.

Oh Peachy! Chin up... you'll come out the other side... usually you'd be in ketosis by now, and feeling great - but it is different for everyone... give it another week and see how you are then... it could be the February blues (I know so many people that have got them), or the start of a virus or something... you'll get there though - and when the weight starts really dropping off, it will all be worth it.

Big hug xxx

Keep smiling Peachy! It will soon be summer and you will have a lovely figure to show off.

During my first two weeks of VLCD I felt really tired. I was in ketosis, but was still drained. I think it carb withdrawal still. Give it a few more days and you should be feeling bright and breezy.

Hope your day gets better.

Still here, still going strong.
I am sure a big bar of chocolate would make me feel better - NOT!
Tonight I am stopping feeling sorrry for myself and gonna sort out my wardrobe, so many things are too small for me that looking in my wardrobe makes me even more miserable. I will pile them up in sizes then get them out my way till they fit again which will be soon i hope.
Will be back later to tell you how i'm getting on
peachy
x

Good idea. I did that a few weeks back and every week I go through it again and weed out the things that are either too big or I simply won't wear. I have been selling my good big clothes on ebay and have raised quite a bit. It's going towards my skinny summer clothes!!!

Yup - don't lose heart Peachy - those clothes will be hanging off you before you know it... during my time on LL, I went through size 22s, 20s, 18s, 16s and now am in 14s, heading for 12s... it's bizarre - and all since Sep 08..

I now look at my wardrobe as a challenge - I have a couple of things that are still a teensy bit too tight (from about ten years ago), and I know that it won't be long before they look great... it's bizarre! :)

Right - I'm off to beddy byes - all in all it's been a great day for me... feeling brilliant - I think I am finally in the big K... might go and buy some ketostix tomorrow just to make sure - they give me motivation too :D

A xx

Morning all,
Not half as grumpy as i was.
But I am due TOTM so I'm putting it down to that.
I had a tidy out of the wardrobes and found about 10 pairs of jeans that don't fit but I have made myself look at them every day and get annoyed about it. I folded them all up and put them in the bottom of the cupboard and will get them out every week or 2 to see what has started fitting. Out of the 10 pairs, I reckon 5 have never been worn and 3 even have the tags still on. When it comes to tops things are not so bad, a few tight t-shirts and blouses that don't close on the boobs but they'll be getting loose soon.
So feeling a bit more optimistic. I am looking at the diet just as "the way I eat now" instead of a diet.
I just don't eat bread, or pasta or potatoes the way some people don't eat wheat or meat or peanuts.
Need to get through at least 4 bottles of water today at work, am on my 2nd now.
For brekkie had mixed meat and cheeses and for lunch i have bacon and mushroom salad with caesar dressing. Didn't eat my salad yesterday, wasn't that hungry. Just had a nice tea when i got home.
Did I tell you about my Sunday Roast????
If I did then sorry for repeating myself but if I didn't then I can't let you miss it.
I had roast pork, yum yum and crackling with roast butternut squash with curry and cumin, cauliflower cheese and the ultimate celeriac dauphinoise, it was amazing. Easily the best roast dinner i have ever made!!!! I made stuffing but OH had all of that, I done very well.
Sorry for taking up so much of the board.
Have a good day
Peachy
x

I am looking at the diet just as "the way I eat now" instead of a diet.

Now that's what I call good thinking Peachy. Well done.

Ah Peachy, good to hear you are not so grumpy.

I also had lots of clothes with labels on still (shocking but I was too embarrased to take some back and some I swore I would slim into and then never did). So rather than wear all of them, I just selected a few items that I was going to get a bit of wear out of (before they become to big) and I sold the other new items on ebay. I had work suits with labels on and I figured I only needed one suit in each size to see me through shrinking. So with all that I have sold, I know have a nice little fund for when I reach size 14! And it was also nice to be selling some things because they were too big and still had the labels on!!!

Good thinking on the way of eating! I am seeing low carbs as a way of life now. It's all about everything in moderation isn't it. After all, that's how slim people stay slim.

mmmm.
Just having 1 more bottle of water then I am having lunch - been thinking about lunch since 10am today.
What should I have for dinner?
I have some nice burgers that I might have? Yes I think thats it.
Ebay - I am gonna start sorting it out this weekend and just get rid of things i won't wear, may as well have the cash for when I am a size 12 - yes I want to be a size 12. I always said 14 but thats pretty safe isn't is as that is near a 16. Nope, I am going to a 12 I have decided.
Feeling positive!
I will do it this time. How exciting - I am gonna be slim!
Woop Woop
Peachy
x

LOL, go for it love.

Oh the positive thinking - I like it!

Oh I might have to take on the challenge with you Peachy. I have never been a size 12 in my life. I don't think my frame would get there, but it's worth a try. I don't want to get to thin though, so will have to see when I get to a 14 I guess.

MMMmmmmmmm. I may have f%*&ed it all up

So last night was great had my burgers, cheese and some salad.
For breakfast had tuna and stuff, but then when i got to work i realise that in my fridge at home is my lunch!!!!!!!
What am i going to do?????
I went to the local shop and they had a little deli and i bought some vegetable curry from them. I am crossing everything that it won't knock me out of ketosis. I asked them behind the counter what was in it and they said veggies with homemade curry sauce which was cream and curry and a bit of plain yohurt but there were potatoes in it! I picked all the potatoes i could see out and it all tasted fine but now a bit woried that all my hard work has gone to pot due to me being in a hurry this morning and rushing out without my lunch.
ARGHHHH!!!!
I really need to get more organised if this is going to work.
Oh and i stepped on the scales this morning - i know i shouldn't. And i weigh the same is i did on Monday. Crap crap crap. Must be 100% perfect for the rest of the week
peachy
x

Sh*t happens Peachy, don't obsess over it, just do your best for the rest of the week.

I wouldn't have thought the veg curry would do much damage, especially as you picked out the potato. Try not to worry about it and just get on with the plan and I am sure you will be fine.

Back