Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

Morning everyone,
This seems to be turning into my daily update - where are my other IPD friends?
So I am still in ketosis this morning, well according to my pee sticks.
so am happy
Had mixed meat for brekkie and got a lush salad for lunch
have a good day

I ordered my books last night, they should be here Friday.
I don't think I'm ever going to get my uni work done at this rate. I ought to be reading academic books not diet forums and books :p

I know what you mean Jaybar, it's addictive isn't it. There is so much to learn.

Whats for dinner tonight I hear you ask?
Well I tried to slow roast some pork belly last night and instead of glorious juicy pork I got brick hard pork? Don't know what went wrong. Instead I will be having sausages, onions and butternut squash mash.
can't wait.
peachy
x

Did you cook the pork too long maybe? Slow roast meat is normally tender.

But your sausage dinner sounds lush. Anna has been quiet the last few days.

Are you still enjoying the diets Peachy? What do you have for snacks?

my book has arrived and have started to read it, not completely sure if its gonna be the diet for me but some of the stuff at the beginning about why we're fat has struck many chords so from that aspect its helped already.
will let you know

To be honest I haven't felt the need to snack much as I have been having large meals but if I have been peckish them pepperami or some cooked chicken or even some prawns has sorted me out. The meals are good and I have bought a couple of low carb cook books too so plenty of ideas.
I am a bit concerned though as I said before I got on the scales this morn and I weighed the same as what I did on Sunday. I will be so disappointed if my weight doesn't move but apart from the weight I am feeling much perkier and have a lot of energy compared to the beginning of the week so something is working.
Peachy
X

That's all sounds good. I also don't need to snack on my current regime and want to stay this way when I go fully low carb.

It's frustrating when the scales don't move, but stick with it as they might just take a few more days to shift. And you might have a much better loss the following week. Mine haven't shifted much this week, yet my clothes are loser, so I think it's water retention.

Good luck for the scales shifting soon.

Hey everyone!!

Sorry sorry sorry for disappearing and being such a rubbish diet buddy... everything has gone a bit bonkers, and I'm in a state of flux. Still on no carbs (well, you know what I mean), but the eating plan that Neris and India suggest has flown out of the window - although I'm sure I'm not doing anything too naughty... it's just protein and nuts all the way, with the odd veggies and salad, bits of cheese etc...

Anyway - yes - I have a new motivation... I'm off to ARGENTINA! I finish my job at the end of March and am leaving for Argentina on around the 5th May, so I am determined to get in better shape for then.

Will make more of an effort on here, I've just been up to my eyeballs in flights, estate agents, etc etc... I have been logging on and reading the posts, but not posting anything myself. Sorry Peachy, in particular!

So - my day today... similar to yesterday really...

B: Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs
Snacks: Lots of nuts, a cheese string and a babybel...
Lunch: Nothing formal... just stocked up on nuts, haha!
Snack: Another babybel
Dinner: Fillet steak with baby corn, asparagus and grilled tomatos... YUM!
Pudding: Sugar free jelly with cream

All in all, not a bad day... I don't feel I am losing weight, but my scales are moving SLOWLY in the right direction.

Might have to up my protein and cut down the nuts/dairy for a bit... don't feel like I'm in ketosis either, but I think I must be - will go buy some ketostix tomorrow (have been saying that every day this week, doh!)

Catch up tomorrow!!

Anna xx

Well woke up this morning and have my monthly visitor so that will account for me not having moved down the scales so far this week.
Happy about that
And anna, I'll forgive but just this once. Hope all your organising is going well, has the house been sold yet?
For breakfast I had bacon, sausage, mushroom and leftover butternut mash. Yummy Yummy in my tummy.
I have some little snack cheeses and a pepperami to see me through till lunch. Am off to Tesco in a bit not sure what to get for lunch?
Maybe some roast chicken?
Have a nice day y'all
Oh and its chinese tonight but I will be behaving myself - low carb all the way
peachy
x

Have you got a job to go to in Argentine Anna? I'd love to go there.

Just thought I would let you know Anna that I have been taking the psyllium husk capsules for the last couple of days and not had any issues with them and IBS. So you shouldn't have any issues with them. :D

Thanks IB. Glad that Sunday was just a one off bad day with them.

Ooh, thanks Sarah, may give them a bash.

Peachy - funnily enough... YES - I SOLD MY HOUSE TODAY!!!! Hahaha, I never for a minute thought it would happen, and I got more than I was expecting, so it's a double bonus! I've been walking on air today!

I have been good with my food today - didn't have time for breakfast, but had some cheese and a few slices of ham instead... (I am getting addicted to s/salmon and s/eggs, doh!); lunch i've had some Herta frankfurthers: they aren't exactly pure protein, but I used to eat them every now and again while I was on Atkins, and never had any probs... tonight I'm not sure what I'll have... forgot to defrost anything.

Jim - Argentina is so so exciting... I have been looking at the place I will be studying, it looks incredible. It's a TESOL course I'm doing, from there they will help me find work wherever I want... I may stay in B.Aires if I like it, or move to another country for work... who knows... the world is my lobster and it's such an amazing feeling!!!

Right then - off home for me shortly, so will love you and leave you - oh my god, I am going to be homeless in 4 weeks - SH*********T!!!

A x

Morning after my chinese. How did it go?
really well actually. I stuck to the meaty dishes not laden with sauce, didn't have any won tons, spring rolls, banana fritters etc. Everyone had pudding too and I declined. I ate my food with lettuce leafs where everyone else had pancakes and prawn crackers and I stuck to soda all night too. There were probably a few hidden carbs in my food but I won't let it worry me as I had a good night out with some great friends I haven't seen in a while so that was worth it.
Back strict todat, had ham with egg mayo for brekki and have some german burger things for lunch.
Have fun
peachy
x

Well done at the chinese chick - sounds like you did as well as I you could - and, whilst there might be the odd hidden carb, as long as you didn't go for anything majorly sweet and sticky - chances are you've avoided the worst of it. Done a ketostix this morning? I still haven't bought any - must do that... I don't feel in K at all! Hmmphh.
I've just had - you guessed it - smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for brekkie and am off out for lunch with a friend at about 2pm... my first lunch 'out', so that will be interesting!

I am a bit concerned because I was chatting to a guy last night, ex-army, personal trainer, physio etc... and was telling him that I now go to the gym most days and follow a programme of weights etc that my trainer has set me. He asked what I was eating... and I told him about the protein diet, and he was like 'Errr, do you want to be a female bodybuilder, because on that programme, and eating protein, you will end up massive..' NOOOOOOOO... I'm going to have to talk to my trainer again, that's the LAST thing I want.

Sorry - just spouting off... off to get clean and dressed for my lunch date :) xx

Got the book! Thinks its fab!!
Pg 144 Take away -style lunch and dinner...most Indian curries...
Happy days.... Ive just eaten.

mixed saag
mixed korma
cauliflower bhaji
saag panir
(not all to myself like lol)

Over the moon woofy x

Well I weighed this morning and weigh exactly the same as I did last week. 15 stone dead.
hmmmm..................good weight loss in this next week hopefully.
Speak more later
peachy
x

Well I weighed this morning and weigh exactly the same as I did last week. 15 stone dead.

How long since you last lost Peachy?

Back