Neris and India's Idiot-Proof Diet: Pig to Twig!

Hey Miss Gray,
Welcome to the team.
Hey everyone.
Well I am now on day 17 - that has gone quick hasn't it.
Is that right??????????????? 17 days without bread. Thats halfway through a month? OMG that is a big thing for me. No pasta either.
Well done me!
So am getting into the swing of it now, I tend to have eggs and bacon or cheese and meat for breakfast followed by big salads at lunch time then meat and veg for tea, usually some sort of mash.
I am snacking on nuts, pepperami, cooked chicken and i can honestly say i haven't felt hungry.
I have been out for a chinese, had 1 takeaway and visited the pub 3 times since starting and haven't had an alcoholic drink.
This is just the way i eat now - no carbs, i'm not neglecting myself - far from it, I am having steaks and delicious fish that I would never have bought before. My shopping bill is about £40 a week that feeds me 7 days and my OH 2 days so not any more expensive than buying all the carb filled stuff.
ANyway that was my little update.
Today I am feeling quite positive, off to the cinema tonight to watch "Confessions of a Shopoholic" just had lunch of morrocan spiced pork with salad, egg mayo, pepperami, and ham. Yummy yummy.
Not sure about tea, need to be quick before i et to cinema - more pork cooked and in the fridge so likely be that.
Hope all is well
peachy
x

Sounds like you are really happy peachy. :)

hello to everyone :)

wow peachy youre doing really well!

I'm not brave enough to eat out just yet im taking it one baby step at a time :p i had dinner in the college cafe today and resisted temptation so i was happy about that. I'm feeling alot better this morning too and ive had a few peopel say how healthy im looking now. I think its starting to pay off! Though im refusing to weigh myself until Saturday.

oh no...the security guard at work just went to the cafe and bought me a coffee! i didnt put any sugar in it but there was a little milk in it :( i hope it doesnt have disasterous effects :( ive been so good but i didnt want to seem rude

Right, second time lucky(just posted on completely the wrong thread to this one!!)
I am looking at trying the neris and india diet from next monday, have already tried it briefly twice before, but always ended up feeling very sick, was this maybe because i was eating too much fat? It really did put me off last time, but at the same time, i need to lose weight and this is the diet that i keep coming back to....
Does anybody have any tips or suggestions for me maybe?
I have not had a good start to the year, and have made this an excuse to eat whatever i want, whenever i want, but was actually quite horrified when i caught site of myself naked in the mirror this morning. So, gonna do a shop at the weekend, and try and sort myself out,i really do need to do something i know, i dare not even get on the scales to see just how bad the damage is.
All tips and ideas appreciated, many thanks

I have the books on order too BB. So I can get a good start and give myself time to absorb all the info from the books I'm going to get the Go Lower trial pack (50quid though :eek:) and that should get me into Ketosis. For week 2 I'm going to switch to the eating plan recommended by the books (unless the Go Lower food is THAT good when I might sign up properly). I've done low carbing before and had fantastic results. When were you feeling sick? On induction or later? Induction can be a bit rough as your body switches into fat burning mode with headaches and nausea. You might be right about having too much fat, unlike the original Atkins mantra which I took to mean eat meat, cheese and eggs and not a lot else the modern take encourages the eating of more veggies. That is only my opinion and there are lots more knowledgeable people on here than me!

Best of luck to you :)

Good Morning.

Miss Gray, I wouldn't worry to much over a tiny drop of milk, and good on you for not weighing 'till Saturday.

Hi BB and welcome, I think Craig is right, initially you can feel crap on a low carb diet. Stick with it and you'll soon feel better.

Morning Craig!

Morning - just wanted to let you know that I am doing Lighter Life again for a week or so... I was clearing out my kitchen yesterday and found (*cough*) THIRTY EIGHT foodpacks!!!! I know I used to lapse occasionally, but 38 is bonkers!!

So! That is enough to keep me going for about nine days, at which point I will return to a low carb way of eating... but I may as well use my packs now I've got them.

Good luck to you all on the Pig to Twig... I have really enjoyed it, and will most likely be back soon :)

A x x x

Doesn't mean you can't post here Anna.

Hi there,
Anna - 38 is nothing. I ended up with 5 weeks worth of Cambridge Diet and they are still in my cupboard.
Good luck with the next week or so on LL - stay in touch missy.
Peachy
x

Yes please continue to post here Anna, I for one aren't too bothered what diet people are doing- its their motivation, support and friendship that keeps me going :)

Oh yes as well - I am still doing well today
Loads of water, got salad for lunch too.
Went out last night to see confessions of a shopoholic - was really funny. Ended up eating out again - I know i seem to be eating out more on this diet than i did b4. I had a big salad with chicken, avocado, mushrooms and spinach. Lovely. Had dressing on the side and left the croutons at the bottom of the plate. Oh but i did have a diet coke how very naughty of me.

Not sure whats for tea - theres chicken breast in the frideg, oh and minced beef might do burgers with cheese in the middle.
MMmmmmmmmm someone has soup that smells delicious in my office, making me peckish. Will have another bottle of water then think about lunch.
Hope all are well.
Peachy
x

I had a veggie lunch, spinach. Broccoli and cheese melt, it was lovely. No idea how they prepared it though. It came in one of those small deep sided dishes that have a French? name.

Hi guys, I will pop back from time to time - the only problem is that while I am abstaining from food, coming on here to hear about what you are eating/cooking etc, could make my life very very hard! Will be back when I start bringing food back again. :) xx

evening all :)

To Bustybarmaid, I felt terribly ill in the first few days of starting this diet but today (day 6) i feel much better than i have been. I was throwing up at the start of the week. Maybe your body just needs a while to settle down??

Since ive got a long day at college and work tomorrow I decided i ndeeded at take a few snacks and since the only food worth snacking on in the fridge was some German sausage that i bought and then decided i didnt like, I took the skins off a couple of sausages and crumbled the filling and fried it up. Its all small and deliciously crunchy....great on salads too as i found out at dinner!

Ooh peachy confessions of a shopaholic...worth seeing then you'd say? Haven't been to the cinema in yonks!

thanks for your comments everyone. Trying to spend the next couple of days planning a few days menus, and sorting out my shopping list. Gonna try not to overload myself with cream and fat, hopefully that may stop the sicky feeling i had big time last time. Planning on starting from Monday, so expect to see me asking the odd silly question!

Hers the first one, i am struggling a bit to get used to finding my way around here, but is there a recipe section for soups anywhere? Thanksxx

Miss gray said:
I decided i ndeeded at take a few snacks and since the only food worth snacking on in the fridge was some German sausage that i bought and then decided i didnt like

:eek: heretic!! German sausage is manna from Heaven!!

So what sausage was it then love?

Back