Never rain but it pours.....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Fuzzys Angel, 1 April 2008 Social URL.

1. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    ........CD related but just a rattle on, sorry in advance for the long thread

My daughter has been suffering with on going abdo pains for years but this pass 6 weeks it's been worst, too & fro to the doctors & hospital with short stay on a ward 3 weeks ago. After many test they decided it may be ibs or crohns :( they discharged her & have been waiting an outpatients appointment with the gastro team.

When i returned home form mynight shift yesterday morning Tegan was in tears in so much pain so down to A&E we went, they wanted to discharge her with stronger pain killers & wait for her outpatients appointment. Enough was enough i'm sick of seeing my poor daughter suffering so much, she's so pale, lost loads of weight & tired all the time. I put my stronge head on & told the doctor dealing with her i'm not going until the gastro team have looked at her & i feel they done enough in treating her. More tests, more blood tests & admitted her into hospital. This poor girl has a UTI, bowel is backed up (you know what i mean :() a nasty infection but they don't know what :eek: possibly crohns or colitis but whichever it is not nice either one!

I should have been at work last night but after doing a night shift & down A&E all day my ward manager kindly covered last night & booked it as a holiday for me. On shift tonight but Tegan is is the ward upstairs to me & should be transfered down to my ward once a bed become available (I work on acute medical that deals with all the gastro problems)

So as you can see our family are going through the mill at the moment if it's not me going loopy loo & my poor daughter in pain having trouble on the loo;)

xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Oh my goodness, how awful! Your poor daughter. Well done for being strong and insisting your daughter was seen. Hope she gets better soon!

4. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

god mandi that sounds awful, i hope your girl gets better soon :) (((hugs)))

5. mhairi-lou

mhairi-lou Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Sorry to hear about your daughter, well done for standing up and getting her treatment!!! Keep posting and air your frustrations

big hugs

6. Mrs B

Mrs B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st1.7lb
    Current Weight:
    23st1.1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Sorry to hear all that, Mandi. Well done on putting your foot down and getting something done. (((Hugs))) to you and your family.

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(24.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Sending Get Well soon wishes to Tegan

8. saffron

saffron Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    oh Mandi, poor Tegan, well done for taking a stand hun and getting her seen,
    lots of hugs to you both and hope Tegan is on the mend and feeling better very soon

Tara xx

9. Fuzzys Angel

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thank you for you kind words, Tegan just phoned still in alot of pain didn't get much sleep :sigh:. Visiting time's not until 3pm but i'll be going earlier, the perks of the job ;)

She's still on IV antibiotics & IV fluids, they gave her laxatives last night & they work well :eek::eek:. She only managed to eat half a weetabix this morning :sigh:, they've been giving her tramadol for the pain but they're not having much effect, the pain killers are getting stronger & strong but none are really help the pain much. I really hate seeing my baby girl suffer like this (she may be 21yrs but she's still my baby). She hasn't seen a doctor yet hopefully they'll be around soon.

xxx

10. pinkprincess85

pinkprincess85 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.44%)
    Diet:
    Euro Diet
    Aw thats awful fingers corssed theres a doc round soon we'll be thinking of you both!

11. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    What an awful worry for you - i agree, she will always be your baby and as such watching her suffer is horrible. Hope you get some good news from the doc soon - a proper diagnosis would help.

Thinking of you, love

12. _Razorbladelove_

_Razorbladelove_ Powdered Toast Man

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Aaaaah she'll be alright, she is a Powell after all ;)

(shes my sister by the way lol)

13. Delli

Delli Talks too much

hope shes feelin better soon mandi!

14. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Oh the poor love! Really hope she is better soon xx

15. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Thinkin of you Mandi, let us know how you and tegan are doing

16. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    How's the patient this evening Mandi???? Let us know xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17. Fuzzys Angel

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Tegan's still very poorly in a lot of pain, her HB (blood iron) is dropping only 9.3 (min should be 12.4) hopefully it doesn't drop below 8 otherwise it'll be a tranfusion :eek:. The vomitting seems to have stopped for now but her temp keeps going up & down. During my break tonight i'll pop up on the ward to sit with her....xxx

18. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

sending you big hugs and so hope she starts to recover soon. It must be so difficult for you right now.

Take care
    xx

19. Fuzzys Angel

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Spent my break up on the ward with Tegan, it breaks my heart to see her so low & in so much pain. i just wish i could take it all away for her!!! My baby girl was in tears when i got onto the ward, i'm trying to stay strong for her coz she needs me to be.

I managed to get her asleep by stroking her head like i used to when she was a baby so i really hope she manages to stay asleep for the rest of the night, the poor girl hasn't slept properly for weeks.

When i finish my shift in 4 hours time, i'll be popping back up onto the ward to check on her before going home for a couple of hours sleep, then back down to be with her.

Luck after tonights shift i have a couple of nights off, i'll keep you informed on her progress......xxx

20. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    gosh Mandi, you really are going thru it at the mo arn't you. Hope your daughter starts making a recovery soon.
    get some sleep so your strong enough for her
    xx

21. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

hope you managed to get some sleep and that your daughter is getting some relief.

hugs

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.