Never rain but it pours.....

Good morning, popped in with an update on Tegan,

After my shift yesterday morning the ward allowed me to sit with her again even though it wasn't visiting time, i stayed to about 10am then walked home for a bit of sleep before returning to her at 2.30pm.

Yesterday she was finally seen by the Gastro team & they have confirmed it is Crohns disease & at some point may need to operate :eek:. Her iron levels are still dropping 8.9 so something will have to done about that, she still has a nasty urine infection that isn't shifting even with the IV antibiotics & unfortunately she still hasn't eaten very much.

Left her last night about 9pm, i'm shattered :sigh:. Spoke to her this morning she sounds a little bit brighter & managed to eat most of a weetabix :D really pleased about that. she over heard the nurse talking about her iron levels (??she things it was her they were talking about but nor 100%) she her it has dropped to 8.3, they have taken some more bloods this morning. I'll ask to speak to the doctor when i get back down there later.

Got an appointment with the occi health dept at 1.30 to discuss my mental state :eek: & to decide whether i should reduce my hours for a short period of time. I don't want to reduce my hours as that will cause my another problem with paying my bill, the NHS pay very bad & i can't take a drop in income.

Anyway that's where we stand at the moment, i'll keep you informed on Tegans progress.

Once again thank you all for your kind words & support.....xxxx

OMG Mandi I've only just seen this thread! :eek: So so sorry to hear how ill Tegan is hun. Hope she's a bit more settled today and manages to get as much sleep as possible. Don't forget to look after yourself too eh? (((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))

Back