Total Solution Never thought id say this ...

**boo**

but I'm beginning to hate weekends :-( I'm trying to distract myself but I'm struggling ! I have ended up eating today , it was only 2 slices of wafer thin ham , a 2 small egg scrambled egg with a couple of mushrooms ( in a very small ramekin dish ) but why ??? I'm not hungry roll on Monday ! I never have a slip up in the week maybe I should move my WS day. From friday to Saturday ? Oh I don't know !

We seem to have a busier routine throughout the week - work, school run, shopping etc. I think routine is very important on this diet. If we break that routine and have a spare hour, we automatically think of food. Weekends are definately more dangerous than weekdays.

Don't beat yourself up about what you've had. You didn't have a curry or fish and chips did you. You'll be fine, just get back on the wagon tomorrow :)

Thanks Hun , I have only ever eaten kegnotic foods , like you say it could have been worse but sometime I just want to kick myself !! X

I always have a tough time at weekends.. Looking forward to monday morning! This is a strange feeling, as normally work makes sure that I don't look forward to Monday's.

Well if it makes you feel any better I did worse than you on Friday night. Biscuits, cheese, can of cider and was nearly in tears. Just put it behind you and start again tomorrow. You and me both eh?

I am sooooo glad the weekend over . Had so many visitors to cook and serve drinks for I am exhausted and have not had my packs properly . Routine all gone plus ate some chicken and had some wine which I did not enjoy so didn't finish and had a peppermint tea ...... We need an exante island to go to ...... Preferably nice and warm with hammocks and no ungrateful moaning family members looool

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I agree, this is my first weekend on the diet and im not hungry but think im bored as my weekends are usually a treat for being good and that is usually food and booze.. we just need to find other ways of treating ourselves.

Thr first 2 weekends it didn't bother me - I think that this was because Mr Lauriel was being conscious about what he was eating when he was around me.....Then he forgot about me being on a diet and went back to his usual Saturday night habits, you name it, he is eating it. Its so hard sitting around someone who is constantly stuffing their faces throughout the course of an evening :( ...Although I resisted everything so far, it doesn't make it any easier. I actually got the hump with him last week!

I have also found weeks hard going, Im getting better now but it can still be difficult having a movie night with nothing to eat.
Ive found that planning my day helps so there is structor to it. Like doing my shopping and cleanning in the morning, after the children have had lunch and ive cleared up we go a drive somwhere for a nice walk. Then when home its a hot bath, jammas and a film with a hot choc and bar.
I defo need a plan or I end up fighing with myself thinking about food!

I hate weekends. I can hold it together at work and my boyfriend usually sorts him own dinner out so that's fine but there is this real sense that the weekend is to a) have a few glasses of wine and b) treat yourself to something nice :(. Mind you, that's probably what has led to the problem in the first place...!

I'm not sure this will help or not, but ive been telling myself that cravings and habits are just conditioned reactions, you have a compulsion to eat but this is just your brains conditioned reaction and that have been programmed into and you have to break those habits and think of them as a natural response that you are in control of if you chose to be.

try and think of the food covered in something disgusting and really visualise it, to the point it makes you feel sick! even if you actually have to get up and do it ( i once really fancied a sausage roll, i mean i would of killed for this sausage roll! so i cut it up and covered it in cigarette butts and ash, took a really big sniff of it and even put some on a fork and put it near my mouth, never craved/eaten a sausage roll since) it a really good technique, now yes i wasted a sausage roll, but I didn't waste the whole pack by eating them! victory in my eyes! its a common technique used in hypnotherapy. give it a try :) it may sound like an old pile whooey.

Another stratergy is to take some thing you really like, lets say a sausage roll for example put it in a old lunchbox or take away container and put it in the cupboard (non perishables wont work unless damp e.g biscuits, crisps pasta rice) and everyday smell it as it goes rotten, everytime you think of that food you will think of that smell and the mouldy rotten look. it will really put you off!

try them, you got nothing to lose by trying them! :D

Back