New 7 Day Challenge - Day 7 - Final Day

It's happened again! I feel really grumpy :badmood:. This is my second sad Friday on the trot now. It started on the way home from work again, and has got progressively worse. WTF?? I know it's probably more to do with other stuff going on than CD, but the half eaten gateaux defrosting in the kitchen definitely ain't helping! It must be nice as OH has just scoffed half of it while it was practically frozen!

Oh well -I will break the moody Friday spell next week cuz I'm going to a party.....and will be drinking alcohol! Yipee! I feel happier already :)

Todays menu...

choc porridge
choc orange bar
150g cottage cheese
salad leaves, cucumber, red cabbage

Have got a choc tetra defrosting a bit as I type, and have made an orange jelly for later.

3 litres water (1 more to go)
5 black coffees

Off to have a long soak in the bath with my choc ice cream!

Hope you are all doing well xxx

I was the same for the last 2 weekends. I think in my head it's because the weekends have always been "treat" times for me. Lazy days and luxurious breakfasts, nice food and meals out. Now I have the prospect of ooh let me see, another foodpack! Yippee :rolleyes:. Can't wait!

Another factor for me is that the weekends can also seem quite lonely for me too. At least in work during the week I have the company of my friends and a set routine but as I'm still finding my way around this new area I don't know that many people. All the friends I have made are in relationships and have kids and things so are not available at weekends. Therefore I replace friends with food. :(.

Oh well, this wasn't supposed to be a downer of a post. So hope you are ok yo-yo and had a nice soak in the bath. Good on ya for ignoring the gateau.

Day 5 - The Weekend - Good or Bad?

Hi everyone.

Well it's Saturday and I've had a lovely lie in this morning.

Facing the weekend with some trepidation. Have fallen down and binged the last 2 Sundays in a row. Determined not to let it happen again, but I always say that!

So far today I have had:
1 raspberry muffin
2 black coffees
1/2 litre water :(

Hope everyone else is doing ok and enjoying a lovely weekend. I know some of us struggle at the weekends so we'll just have to make sure we support each other!

Will check back later.

I wish it was bedtime!!

I'm craving like mad today, and have had a little slip.

Had choc porridge for brekkie, choc bar for lunch then when was getting the milk out of the fridge for OH coffee I wolfed down 150g of cottage cheese straight from the tub :( . I was p*ssed off because it meant that wouldn't be able to have my meal for tea.

Came on minmins to cheer self up and spotted a thread about 790 and realised that can have 325g of low fat cottage cheese on it. Have only been having 150g all week. Feel robbed!

So - yippee - could have some tea ater all.

Just had it - 150g cottage cheese, salad, pickled red cabbage.........6 special k flakes (just wanted something crunchy), and a forkful of (frozen!!) gateaux. Not all on the same plate of course!

I should really knock my planned strawberry mousse on the head to compensate but I can't bare to. Besides DD is making the delicious tomato soup that she made at school the other day for OH as I type :jelous: I'll have to have something to nibble on while they're eating that!

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Hang in there Westiegirl xxx

Bugger it!!! I tasted the soup!

Oh, and just to clarify - by 'tasted' I mean 5 spoonfuls with garlic and herb croutons! :mad:

YO YO dont beat your self up s... happens well it would be rude not to try dd soup made by her own fair hand....

pick yourself up and carry on with 790 challenge nearly over.

Well I managed to make it through last night without adding any other naughties to my list.

Feel a mixture of pleased AND worried though. Pleased as I didn't use my little blip as a licence to binge, but worried that I'm on a slippery slope!

Will be heading over for our usual family gathering at Mom and Dads shortly, normally I just have a bar and a coffee while they are eating but today I will be eating too! Mom worries and does try to talk me into eating all the time, so - even though I have given her strict instuctions on the portion size - I KNOW before I even get there that it will be twice the size requested! Hope I'm strong enough to leave it!

Having chicken, salad leaves and cucumber - not very sunday lunch-ish I know - but if I'd asked her for a small portion of dinner and she slipped a few potatoes on I know I wouldn't be able to resist! And I would have wanted a bit of her fab gravy on it too :drool: .

I know that if I falter at my folks house it always ends in tears. There is only the 2 of them living there now but Mom buys more food than she did when me and brothers were there. I sometimes wonder if she is secretly running a catering business!

Will update intake later. Keep everything crossed for me - have a feeling I'm going to need all the luck I can get today!

Sending you all + :vibes: and wishing you a happy sunday x

Hope you all had a nice weekend! Mine was lovely, but disastrous food wise! I am soooo weak!

Start again tomorrow!:eek: :eek:

So i am taking myself out of the challenge, keep going everyone!

finding this thread really intresting guys , im trying to straighten my daughters hair too but keep stopping to read lol

come on girls , make this week weigh ins be low !!!! it will put us all on a high x

Morning everyone,

Well I've been in hiding coz I failed miserably :( over the weekend!

I had food on Saturday night (mainly protein based) but then followed it up with chocolate and biscuits on Sunday. So that's my 3rd Sunday binge in a row. Gosh that's a pattern there that I need to resolve isn't there!

Ah well back on the wagon again today, but gotta have a think about some coping strategies!

Good luck everyone today.

Westie and Wanna

Don't worry about things you can't change, or undo. Its gone, in the past. Today is a new day, tomorrow is a new Month. You can do it.

:whoopass: :badmood: :whoopass: :badmood: :whoopass: :badmood:

I blew it too girls!!

I think there must have been something in the air this weekend!

I was feeling a bit low yesterday and disappointed in myself for little blip on saturday, so wasn't in the best frame of mind when I got to the folks for dinner. My mood deteriorated further when I saw the spread on the table. As I had asked for a chicken salad Mom decided to do salad for everyone rather than a roast.

Now, that may sound innocent enough but my Moms salad isn't like the average one. Laid out buffet style on the table was roast chicken, chicken satay sticks, spicy king prawn skewers, ham, grated cheese, pork pie, boiled eggs, sausage rolls, potato salad, pasta salad, loads of lovely bread etc etc - oh and not forgetting a bit of lettuce, tomato and onion!

Then my brother rang and said him and his family couldn't make it so there was all this food and just my folks, OH, DD and ME to eat it! Mom said I'd have to take some of it home for OH and DD lunches this week. I said I couldn't as I'd be too scared that I'd eat it!

I managed to get through lunch with just 175g of chicken, salad leaves, a bite of a king prawn and 4 crisps! Was quite proud of self considering the temptations on offer. I went into the other room and it felt like there was some kind of magnetic force dragging me into the kitchen! It was awful - I couldn't even concentrate on a simple conversation for thinking about it. Had to put all my energy and concentration into the war going on in my head!

I decided to head off home a little earlier than normal to get away from the temptation - only for Mom to produce tubs full of the leftover food as she couldn't bare it to go to waste! I could have cried (and was a bit mad too!).

I was moaning about it on the way home, OH said 'we'll give it to the dog as soon as we get in then if it's going to be that much of a problem'.

This is where it went pear shaped! It looked SO nice when I was putting it all into Roxy's bowl - before I knew it I'd eaten a bit of pork pie pastry, 2 spoonfuls of potato salad, 2 chicken goujons and a bit of boiled egg! In the end I just put it all outside in my moms tupperware. She'd go bonkers if she knew!

The damage was done though - CB kept telling me that I might as well have the bowl of cereal I'd been craving for a fortnight now that I'd blown it, and as soon as OH announced he was going up to the garage to fix something that's exactly what I did. A bowl of special K, a piece of toast and a blueberry muffin later I went up to bed in tears.

I get SO angry with myself about this inability to limit food! Why can I SS with no problems at all but not go for more than 6 days on the 790 without turning it into the 2790??

I know that as my binges go - this was a tiny one. I didn't eat until I felt ill, I could physically have fit a lot more in and don't usually stop until I can't. I don't have 'the morning after' lethargy that usually follows one (but do feel quite bloated). I am trying to look on these positives to perk myself up - but the fact I did it in the first place is really upsetting me :cry:

What's making me even more gutted is that it's my weigh in tonight so I have no chance to get off what I'll have put on. I know that it will be mostly water/glycogen but all the same it's going to be really demotivating to see it on the scales.

Why couldn't I have just held out for another measly 24 hours?! :mad:

I've already polished off 1.5 litres water thismorning and will carry on glugging until about 5 (to give myself chance to wee it out before my weigh in!) I should manage 4.5 litres by then so am hoping this will flush some of the damage out. I usually show ridiculously big gains very quickly after these episodes - thankfully once back to SSing they do go quite quickly too - but that isn't going to comfort me when I get on the scales tonight!:(

Apologies for the long whingy post but I had to get it off my chest.

Tracie - hope you enjoyed your weekend away and managed to put the rest of us to shame by staying on the straight and narrow!

Good luck to all for getting back on the wagon today!

xxx

Challenge over and a 2 and a quarter gain to show for it! Bluddy weekends eh!

Wishing you all a better result than me! xxx

Back