New and confused

HEllo there I could really use some advice. I have some left over exante products and I'm on such a downer at the moment with my weight. I just don't know what to do. I'm worried that with exante it will slow down my metabolism and when I come off it the weight will go back on. I tried the harcombe diet and lost weight but I'm so I'll disciplined and found it hard to stick to due to the meat. I am tearing my hair out. Go on holiday in 6 weeks. Currently 11stone 7 and 5'7 tall. Any advice much appreciated thanks x

HI , are you actually doing exante at the moment ? your question about regaining the weight .... exante wont 'slow your metabolism down' as such , although it will need some boosting when you first come off it , so you need to refeed carefully , start slowly adding portein and low carbv meals , and build the carbs up very gradually keeping the calories low then you wont gain much ( its normal to gain a few lbs in the first week but usually gone the week after if you are careful )

If you go back to your old eating habits then yes , you will regain , but that is the same with any diet .....loads of research has been done and the incidence of regain is exactly the same between people who have done VLCD and a normal calorie reduced diet . I always find that if I come off exante onto slimming world , and start on red days ( limited carbs ) then I can carry on loosing :)

Hope this helps

That's great - thanks! No I haven't started yet I just keep doing research to try and figure out which diet to do - but there is so much conflicting advice that I get confused! It's either exante or the harcombe diet . I'm more likely to stick to exante because I'm lazy about making food :)

I agree, no reason to gain weight after Exante, more than any other diet. I didn't gain much in five months - about three pounds - but of course you have to eat carefully and sensibly - I have noticed slim people eat carefully, fat people don't. Not sure why it took me so long to work this out! But I found I don't actually need as many calories as I thought - what a surprise.

I am a total Exante fan - its changed my life and I am delighted with the results. Good luck.

GSQ

heavenly-angel.rm said:
HEllo there I could really use some advice. I have some left over exante products and I'm on such a downer at the moment with my weight. I just don't know what to do. I'm worried that with exante it will slow down my metabolism and when I come off it the weight will go back on. I tried the harcombe diet and lost weight but I'm so I'll disciplined and found it hard to stick to due to the meat. I am tearing my hair out. Go on holiday in 6 weeks. Currently 11stone 7 and 5'7 tall. Any advice much appreciated thanks x

Hi I'd say 11.7 is an ideal weight for your height Im the same height as you and i got to 11.6 last year and I felt great :) but couldn't maintain it it was too low for me! I gain the weight everytime I do a vlcd but in the past I've done Cambridge. And lipotrim both shakes only this time I've done exante and had bars soup shakes and porridge so loads more variety so I don't feel like I'm missing out on food and I'm actually still eating not just living on liquids which I found soo hard! I intend to follow this refeed plan in 2 weeks http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/vlcd-re-feed-programme.html as its very easy to follow and I may be mistaken but I couldn't find anything on the exante website as regards to refeed! Like someone else said if you come of any diet and go back to eating rubbish you will put the weight back on! If you choose to eat fatty foods you will be fat it's as simple as that! Good luck with what ever you choose to do :) x

Back