New and gotta question :)

fumanchu

I want to lose weight and am unsure which diet to go for. I've read and read until my eyes are ready to fall out and still unsure. My main prob is breakfast - all diets tell you to eat it, and I'm just not hungry in the mornings. I tried a protein shake but was sick and ill all day. If I go for the paleo diet, is there a way round breakfast?
I don't get hungry often, I would live happily forever on cereal and crisps. Which is why I need to lose 2 stone :D:D

On paleo - from what I've read if you're hungry, eat. If you're not, don't.

I'm sure someone will be along and advise better in a while.

Intermittent fasting or the 5:2 diet a few people skip breafast on that because they find it makes them hungry and harder to stick to the 500 cal days.

Good luck whateer you decide

The 16/8 fasting protocol has you skip breakfast and start eating around noon, finishing at 8pm. When this is combined with paleo it is really powerful.

Alternatively, if you're a coffee person you could try Bulletproof Coffee in the mornings to see you through to about 2-ish.

I'd listen to your body and eat when you're hungry, we are institutionalised to eat certain things and at certain times, which if we never had set times we would just eat when hungry.
The only reason that breakfast is advised is because some people skip breakfast and then overeat later in the day once they start eating.

That's great, thank you. I usually get hungry about noon, and I don't eat a lot. My problem was nibbling rubbish like cereal and cisps because I wasn't hungry enough to eat a meal. I'm forcing myself to eat properly now, even if just small amounts. :)

Back