New and looking for support and a buddy

Zöe2

Hello everyone, I am new here and am looking for support. Since meeting my fiance I have put on about a stone and a half and am looking for support because I keep trying to lose it but can't :( I think I am seriously lacking in will power and maybe am trying too many approaches at one and getting muddled messages in my mind. I used to find calorie counting really works and started this last Monday but fell off the wagon yesterday and ate for England. It doesn't help that i'm sick with a bad cold and at home alone. Would appreciate anyone who would like to chat. :)

I'm relatively new too, I've already found this website is a big help - just look at the success stories to feel inspired!

Whenever I fall off the wagon, I always try and hold on to that feeling when I've finished eating whatever / how much I've eaten. Bloated, unhappy, even more depressed than you were before you ate all the so called 'comfort food'. If you remember just how awful this feels, try and recall this whenever you think you're going to cheat or binge, and it makes you think twice about whether you really need to do it or not. I find this really helps me!

hi there,
i've been calorie counting too, just had my third weigh in this morning, on a loss of 4.5 so far.
zoe i can completely sympathise. I'm also 1.5stones more than I want to be (have also put it on whilst being with the other half).
Today i got weighed and then ever since i have been on a complete binge, so will probably take all week just to get back to a maintan for next weigh in now!
I also have no willpower!

Hi Zoe..

I joined today too, it's the first day of my calorie-counting diet! My weight has always been up and down.. I always start with high hopes and lots of motivation and then it all just disappears and I go back to stuffing myself with junk! I'm hoping that this site will give me the crutch I need when I'm struggling because I really want to do this, for good this time.

If you wanna chat just give me a shout =)

Hi all - thanks so much for your posts. Having a bad day again today but am going to try and get back on it from tomorrow. I feel so bloated and disgusting. I'm sure you lot can help me get inspired :)

I;ve been on a binge for the last 2 days aswell. just going to see how today goes (in terms of number of cals) and then try and cut down a little bit (maybe 50 a day) until i get back down to about 1200.

Back