New and looking for support

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sistercreighton, 15 May 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Sistercreighton

Sistercreighton Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.35%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hello, I'm another newbie and I'm really hoping for some weight loss support. I don't really feel like I can talk to my husband about dieting -he just rolls his eyes and says he doesn't care what I weigh. Well, I care! Was on WW last year and it worked for me but then had a traumatic job loss and move across the country. So, loss of all friends and motivation and support. I'm trying Dukan now and it seems fairly easy so far. But I freak out easily if my weight doesn't consistently go down and then beat myself up and want to quit trying. I'm hoping that I will find the motivation, support, and patience I need here!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. stephhh

stephhh Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi!
    You'll definitely find plenty of support here. Usually I end up giving up after a week, on my third week now and minimins has really helped to keep me motivated :D Good luck x

Mini likes this.
  4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Welcome Sistercreighton:welcome2:

Very sorry to hear about your job loss and the loss of your friends, it is not easy to get over trauma like that and I hope in time you will and I am sure you will get the support you need now on your weight loss journey and make new friends here as we are a friendly bunch:D

Have a look in the Dukan forum and I am sure our members there will be more the willing to help you out where they can. Here is a link to the forum...

Dukan Diet - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

The link below will help you make your way around MiniMins.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

If you need any help please ask:)

5. tech1960ps

tech1960ps Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome,

Sorry to hear about your job loss and move. :sigh:
    Good luck with your weight loss.:)

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Good luck with the Dukan diet. And we will listen and support you.

Irene xx

7. Sistercreighton

Sistercreighton Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.35%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Thanks everyone! It's going well so far. Lost 5 pounds on attack and now moving on to cruise. So excited for some variety.

8. tumshie73

tumshie73 Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.43%)
    Diet:
    Avidlite
    hi everyone - Im new - just joined today and wanted to say hello and ask some advice! (how do I make this writing smaller??) I did LL two years ago and lost 5 stone - I've since put it all back on :( I had my first baby 4 months ago - Sophies a wee gem and i dont want her to have a fat unhealthy mummy! LL is too expensive and I am on my own - so cant get out to the classes anyway. I started Avidlite on Monday - I ve been feeling starving but I know the way it works - and hopefully itll pass soon! Do any of you know - the meal reaplcement shakes - does one constitute one meal? I've been having two MRP bars (1 meal according to pack) and 3 shakes - is this the correct daily amount? advice please! Thanks x

9. tumshie73

tumshie73 Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.43%)
    Diet:
    Avidlite
    Oh the writing goes smaller when you post the thread....I see....lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.