New and need advice please

Lonsdale2009

Hello there I am new to the site and to slimming world, this is my second week and I am a little confused, the first week I lost 4lb which I was really pleased about however this week I appear to have put on a lb and I am unsure why ??? I didn't know about the 1/3 superfree food and have mainly eaten pasta and chicken all week. I haven't noticed that I am snacking as much either can anyone offer advice ?

Any sauce with the pasta chicken? if so, homemade or from a jar? You need to balance the meat/carbs with free foods, as you've pointed out.

Have you kept a food diary? Also B choices, bread and cereal, 1 slice of bread is your allowance a day, or a small bowl of only certain cereals.

I have been keeping a mental diary, my normal day will be
Porridge oats with one rivital (B) and skimmed milk (A)
I will snack throughout the day on grapes, apples, orange and a muller light yoghurt
Lunch will be either pasta with tuna and sweetcorn or sweetcorn and tinned tomatoes, no sauce.
Dinner will be skinless chicken with pasta and scrambled egg or chicken with veg and potato, or bacon and baked beans with pasta or something.
Or I have homemade chilli con carne which is all made from free foods.

I generally do not have syns throughout the day but I had a slice of bread with dinner last night for my syn xx

Can't see why you'd put weight on sticking with that list of foods. I wouldn't get disheartened, stick to that for a couple of weeks and if it's still not working keep a food diary to show the consultant. I think the reason some people fall down is by eating low fat foods, especially processed ones and thinking that's enough, not realising they have to watch their sugar/carb intake but it doesn't look like that from your list x

Back