New and need advice please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by dreamylea, 22 March 2008 Social URL.

1. dreamylea

dreamylea Member

I would really appreciate some advice on this please as this is all new to me!

I have been in touch with a CDC in my area as I want to start the diet next week. He is going away for 3 weeks tomorrow so I am dashing up there tomorrow morning to get everything I need to start while they are away.

He has just told me its going to cost me aprox £48 per week because for SS I have to have 4 packs a day or 3 packs and food (but he says 4 packs will be better). He says the rules have changed and he can no longer let me just have 3 packs a day. Is he wrong? I am 5ft 2" with 5 stone to loose.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PAMTHEBAM1

PAMTHEBAM1 Full Member

Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE DIET
    its 4 packs for men and 3 packs for females 4 packs for females over 5"8 that wot i was told anyway

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i'm not an expert on the new rules but someone will be along shortly to let you know. I think ;you either have to do 4 packs plus 200ml milk or 3 packs and a 200cal meal every day this is if you are going to SS/SS+ for the entire 12 weeks (is this right someone?).

I THINK you should be able to SS and do 810 every 5th week though - with that plan you could have only 3packs instead of 4.

- don't take my word as gospel because, as I say I'm not clear on the new rules

5. PAMTHEBAM1

PAMTHEBAM1 Full Member

Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE DIET
    gl on ur cambridge journey

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

That's the old rules but it is different for newbies now

7. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I believe he is wrong and is just trying to get you to pay for extra packs. I'm 5ft3" and had 7 1/2 stone to lose and I've been on 3 packs SS for the past 5 weeks. If there was a rule change I've got a very good and talkative CDC who tells me about everything that is going on in CD and she's never mentioned this once.
    Is there any other CDC's in your area because I get the impression this one is going to be purely money driven and not looking after your personal interests?

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Kelly there has been a rule change. See the sticky's at the top of the forum. It all depends on when you started as to whether or not it affects you.

9. dreamylea

dreamylea Member

Thanks for your replies ladies. He did mention the new rules, £48 per week was a lot more than I was expecting (thought it would be about £35-£40). I told him I was a vegetarian and so he said I would be better off with 4 packs as I Would find it tough doing the meals without eating meat.

Hopefully someone will have a definate answer soon.

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

You can have cottage cheese - do you eat cheese? Porgeous only ever ate cottage cheese I believe. Or you can have tofu or quorn. So don't let him pressure you into buy 4 packs - I agree that he may be trying to get extra money out of you.

Is he the only CDC in the area you can speak with/go to?

11. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The only rule change I can find in the stickys is regarding the change to the 790 to 810 starting on Feb 1st (I started after this).
    Is that what you are talking about Dancing?

12. dreamylea

dreamylea Member

Hi Kelly

You have jsut said exactly what I was thinking at the time. There is one other CDC in my area but she is only avalable evenings which I can't do as I have young children and can't get out (she won't visit me).

13. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have aword with her see if you can come to some arrangement with her. I think if you explain the only other person you can get to doesn't seem to have your best interests at heart she may try to help you. It's worth a go, good luck!

14. dreamylea

dreamylea Member

Dancing - yes I do eat cheese I love cottage cheese, tofu, quorn and I eat fish (not strictly a vege which I told him).

I am feeling a bit worried now I have an appointment with them in the morning and I'm worried they are going to cost me a fortune.

15. dreamylea

dreamylea Member

Thanks Kelly x

16. doubledumplings

doubledumplings Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    i only started cd last week and im 5"3 and have about 15st to loss my cdc said i only had to have 3 packs aday and aamw every 4 weeks it cost me £37pw, i think the same as the rest and think u should really look at maybe getting anothe cdc hope this helps ashleyxxx

17. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

You have to hunt among them Kelly - not ideal. This is something that has come up time and again recently and it got quite heated.

Apparently you can now SS for 12 weeks but I believe you would need doctor to be informed if you (newbies) choose to do this. So, the alternative is now SS+ which is a choice of either

4 shakes and 200ml of skimmed milk or three shakes and a 200 cal meal

But I'll leave this here because as I say I'm not the expert. Good luck with whatever you decide to do

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    you could always try telling this guy you've been on here (if he's any good he'll know this website) and you've been informed that you only have to have the three packs and that's what you want. It might also be worth talkingto the other lady in the area first and see what she would offer you (bet it's 3 packs)! What's the worst he can do... say no! I personally think if he trys to force you to buy the 4 packs a day report him to head office as he's giving you the wrong advice purely for his own profit.

20. dreamylea

dreamylea Member

Thanks Dancing,

Thats interesting, I wonder if he wants me to do 4 packs a day becuase he has told me I don't need to get my GP form signed to SS (would be no time to get this done before he goes away for 3 weeks). The other CDC I was in touch with before said I would need to get it signed to SS as I have an underactive thyroid.

21. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

deleted

22. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

ahhhh - yes, that sounds like what is at the bottom of it. Oh, don't know about the underactive thyroid - I take it the male CDC didn't agree, or did you not mention it to him?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.