New and Nervous

Hi Deb

I've re-started too this week, so will be good to follow your journey. Nikki

Day One done and dusted - am so happy I have actually done a whole day on CD!!! I know that sounds a bit pathetic compared to the amazing achievements of everyone on here but the fact that all I consumed from the fridge yesterday was water is a mammoth achievement for me! I am feeling less nervous about this journey now and much more positive.

I've been swithering about whether or not to tell my family I am doing this as I have a feeling they would try to talk me out of it, tell me its unhealthy, etc and I realy dont need that kind of "encouragement". Told one of my mates last night on the phone - a fellow food-aholic and she was really supportive so I might just leave it at that.

What has eveyone else found about telling friends and family?

Smiles... Hey Deb!!

Woo hooo well done on getting over day 1, just remember this trilling feeling when you woke up on Day 2 and if you ever feel like cheating say , lets weight till morning and in the morning you will feel just the way your feeling now and food be last thing on your mind :))

Re: family and friends, i told everyone, i cant keep secrets, I know others who dont mention it, but at times it can get tricky especially if you have social occasions to go to... perhaps take it on a case by case basis... dont have a launch party for the fact your on the diet lol as then its pressure, but tell who you like, when you like and if they dont agree, let that me more motivation for you to prove them wrong:))

Amber

lets weight tilll..... ( this was not intended.. freud anyone... im not going to edit the spelling mistake to 'wait' lol i think its funny )

Amber

Love it Amber - a launch party for my diet!! Could serve up cambridge soup!! I'll save the launch party for the launch of my fabby new slinky bod - when it arrives!! I think I'll go with the case by case thing, tell peeps as and when I need to - I am going to struggle most at work as I know there are a few Slimming World dieters in my office who rave on about how fab it is and a girl did lighter life and they constantly told her it was unhealthy! Needless to say she's lost 8 stone and looks fantastic and they've lost very little in the same period of time.

hello Debs, welcome.

im on day 5 of my 1st week so im still new too!
the water bit is very important and if you ever do get peckish on the evening just sip your water until you feel ok! i find it helped me with cravings in the early stages!

good luck and again welcome!

xxx

Hi Nikki, first week gone ok, weigh in tonight and I think I may have lost 6lbs which is not as good as some folks but I'm realatively happy with that - will wait for the official result tonight before I update my ticker though - just in case! How is your restart going?

Thanks LittleMissJem, yeah water is my life line at the moment - sip it if i'm hungry, sip it if i'm bored, sip it if i'm feeling like CD is a really bad idea and now after a week of sipping it cos I have to, I'm actually finding that I'm enjoying it - who'd have thought!!

Hi Deb

Well done, thats over a bag of spuds, how heavy does that feel when you carry it? Don't be disheartened, that off and gone and you are on your 2nd week now.

My re-start last week wasn't good,my head was all over the place. But found it again now, lol.. Have resigned myself to doing the ss+200 cal meal, and its been fine,think I've lost about 5lb, which is ok.. Will know more tomorrow at my official WI. Am crossing everything for it ;) xx

Hi Nikki, thanks again for your support. I'm feeling a wee bit less down in the dumps about my 6lbs now and am looking at how positive that is, rather than "oh, only 6lbs off!" Am actually loving the diet and surprised at the fact that I'm not starving and trying to rip food from the hands of small children as I walk along the street!!

Good luck with your WI tomorrow. x

good luck starting tomorrow you'll have brillant support here looking forward to seeing your posts

Back