New and raring to go

Thanks!
Yeah I have a diary in the slimming world section called ' eat sleep weigh repeat'

I kind of browse the Internet for clean eating recipes. Although I find a lot of the recipes have expensive ingredients such as raw cacao or expensive natural honey! So will be stuck if I fancy something sweet.

I've had a week off with husband and we enjoy our food and drink! So this clean eating should hopefully sort me out.

I don't think I could survive on 500 cals! Especially if I was at work. I could do it at home I guess though!

Breakfast

ForumRunner_20140527_094821.png

Hiya, am reading through your diary although may take a while. I'm sure I've read it before of at least some of it. I have a brain like a sieve.
Had about 800 cals yesterday so still counting as a fast.

Found a good paleo recipe site yesterday.
Hang on will tell you what it is.....
Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Its called paleo leap.
I saw a recipe for sweet potato and bacon hash brown type things which I may try for lunch.
Think I may make my sons butternut squash chips abd coconut chicken strips or the paleo nuggets.
Seems so hard to get some of the ingredients like coconut flour etc... hmmmm maybe I'll try Holland and Barrett. They tend to do all sorts there.

Your breakfast looked yummy yesterday too. X

Thanks for website I will check it out this evening!
I agree about the ingredients. When I see something I'm not familiar with it scares me a bit and I click off it! Maybe I need to take a trip to holland and barratt too although I don't get paid enough!! Lol its all mega expensive.

Today I've had porridge and fruit for breakfast. Snacked on fruit throughout the day and had a Babybel ( is that allowed) lol
This is my tea. Salad and tomato bacon and Prawn quinoa. It's a tiny bit watery as I didn't sieve the quinoa very well.

ForumRunner_20140528_190704.jpg

I've had a really sore tummy today and not think it may be change of diet!

Yes I imagine it is the change in diet. Your doing the best for your body and should be proud.
Me on the other hand. .... I seriously need a kick as again on my normal day ate so much so am going to be really strict from now on.

What is your food plan for today. I'm stuck! Lol might go on the paelo Web page and look for a Breakfast idea!

I have had low fat super noodles with added veg and tuna...not very clean when I was tiping in the flavour sachet that came with it! Yuk! I'm waiting for my new juicer to arrive. I may do so many days a week 100% clean and 2-3 with the odd ' processed' food! It's quite hard to be 100%clean don't you think?
Plus my poor tummy needs to get used to all of this!

Last edited:
Went to my parents for tea and it wasn't clean either! Jar curry sauce..ah man! Oh and I've had a freddo. 100% clean weekend ahead though!!

Hi becki

Yum to freddos. Love them.
Can be tricky eating clean. There is so much out there to trip us up.

A juicer is a good idea anything to increase fruits.

My food diary today is as follows
oat cakes with cashew butter
Sweet potato wedges
Butternut squash wedges
Pork
Potatos and veg
Dates
Strawberries in dark chocolate

Just ordered the paleo primer book too for ideas.

Wow love the food ideas. Cashew butter Ummmm. I've ordered some organic peanut butter for some gluten free rice cakes.

I'm doing a chicken salad for tea. Well done on the loss!

My husband has just talked me into a Chinese takeaway I'm so easily influenced.

Cashew butter is lovely if you have it with oat cakes it stops sugar cravings

I'm easily influenced too! I live my takeaways though!! Yummy especially curry! I think a treat every now and again does us good!

I had a very healthy tea. Followed by trying out my new juicer which used carrot grapes pineapple kale melon and orange. Seems a lot if food for little juice and the cleaning process is a pain. But can't wait to try it with beetroot

I'm fancy pork scratchings!! We only have spicy ones and I dint like spicy so will finish of the strawberries and maybe a mini milk lol

Ohhh mini milks are only 30 calories good choice. I had a shish kebab in the end so less calories than a chinese.

How do you find kale? Its quite bitter I've heard.
Have you ever made kale chips? They are meant to be quite healthy

I enjoy kale . cooked though. I have tried it raw and it's not nice. I usually add a bit of mint sauce! It made the juice taste a bit ' earthy' though so it could of done with more pineapple . I have made kale chips but I added salt and they were salty!! So ended in the bin. I would try them again though!

I'm having butternut squash and sweet potato wedges for lunch today. The novelty of fasting for 2 days a week is wearing off. Think I will just try and eat clean and stay around 1500 calories. Not sure what my weight loss will be like but will still be eating around the same amount of calories over a week.

Yeah I couldn't fast. I get too hungry!!
I had strawberries and a whole punnet of raspberries for breakfast!!

Broccoli soup for lunch and steak and salad for tea. Yum!

Followed by a glass or two of red!

Very healthy! !!

We've just got back from cafe rouge. So full. Going to go back to strict calorie counting.

Weetabix for breakfast.

30 min jog done.

Back