New Beginning... Magiclove's Diary

awwww get well soon Magic!:patback:

Lovely Avatar pic Mags xx

Thanks everyone! :)
I'm back on antibiotics as I really don't want this to escalate onto my tosils :(
Thanks for the compliment SB :)

Mags poppet hope you feel better soon :) Glad you have the abs though. Love your pic, you are looking amazing!!! Dale where in SA is your mom?? Are you originally from SA?

J
xx

Thank you darling :)
I so shouldn't go to work tomorrow as I'm still unwell but I have to...
:'(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dale where in SA is your mom?? Are you originally from SA?
She's in Durban Jez and yes, I am a Durban girl born and bred. :character00180: But I've been on this cold island for a looooong time. :gen125:

OMG I think I'm gonna be sick!!!!
I just had porridge that was out of date for lunch!!!!
To say it was vile is an understatement!!!
The worst thing is that I had to finish it because I haven't got any other packs on me :(
I feel sick and I just hope this hasn't put me off porridge for good because I literally live off it!
:(
Anyway weigh in tonight but I've got a funny feeling the antibiotics have slowed my weight loss down this week.
We shall see..

Out of curiosity Mags were you advised to eat with the anti-biotics? Just that a lady in our class was on them last week and had a bit of bread 4x a day with each tablet. Obviously this kicked her out of Ketosis but i dont know if it was nessesary.
Fingers crossed for you tonight tho she still had a 5Lb weight loss so im sure you will be fine.
I love the porridge as well getting 14 lots this week to have twice a day so i will def mbe checking the dates on my packets. Yuk!

good luck Magic xx

I've put on 2 lbs!!! :(:(:( :'( :'( :'(
I can't explain. And frankly I don't want to. I know I've stuck to the program last week which I'm very proud of. I don't know. Maybe it's the antibiotics..
I'm gutted. I had a little cry last night because for some reason I seem to be stuck and I don't know how to move on from here...
To be perfectly honest I really feel like pulling out completely. This is clearly not working for me at the moment and I find it difficult to justify spending £66 per week on a diet that makes me put on weight!!!
My LLC didn't seem bothered about any of it even though I was nearly in tears. She was far too excited about flying to Florida for 2 weeks today. Even printing a 'before' picture for me seemed like too much of a hassle. She said she will email it to me but we shall see about that..
She is just so flaky. She can be very supportive on occasions but mainly she hasn't and it really does not help.
I was angry and pissed off at everything and everyone after I got home. So instead of being the bigger person I ended up lapsing big time sabotaging my efforts even more. Why oh why did I do it???!!!
I'm so embarrassed. I should know better!
The fact that I'm writing this is a small miracle because last night I was so ashamed and broken that I wanted to hibernate and not surface on here for a long while.
But then I thought about all of you wonderful people. Your love and support has been irreplaceable!
So here I am asking for help guys. I seem to have fallen into a deep black hole and I don't know how to get myself out of it :'(
I am desperate to finish what I started and see this through but at the moment I am on a brink of giving up!
Any words of wisdom and encouragement would be most appreciated. I don't know where else to turn for help.
Anyone?
:(

Last edited:
Aww mags!! Don't feel down hunny... :( wish I could give you a huge hug and say just the right thing to help you... But I don't know if I can...

All I can say is you must try and get your gain back in proportion... oddly, and rather coincidentally, I seem to have gained 2lbs too!! Like yourself, I have been totally sticking to plan, so just do not get it either! As far as I was aware, you need to eat 3500cals more than you are working off, to gain that! So theoretically I've eaten 7000 cals more, in a day?! That's just ridiculous! So, I just have to put it down to water retention! It's hard to be positive when, as you say, we're spending £66 a month, and showing a GAIN, but it's not real weight, and we must just listen to our common sense.

My losses are so much slower than everyone else's, just highlighted by the amounts everyone has written by their names on the Valentines challenge, but it IS working, and I have to remind myself that! And so must you! You are so near goal, and are looking so good... You must just take a minute out to re-group your thoughts, and then jump straight back on this thing... and don't let it beat you!

It is working for you... you're an inspiration to so many on here... I've looked at your facebook pics and wow, you are looking incredible mags... You are due on in about 10 days, maybe this gain is the start of that? I know my body starts with the boob pain and all sorts of stupid pre-menstrual symptoms about 2 weeks before my period sometimes! Stupid body! But it's true!

Your 2lbs are not real weight... it's possible the day before, you were 3lbs down... you just don't know. Just because we weigh ourselves once a week at our official WI's, doesn't mean it's the lowest we've been since the last WI... it's just a random figure, 7 days later...

And as for eating last night, hey, it's ok... You're allowed to feel down, and rebel, and be angry! Hey, it's bloody frustrating, and you feel cheated! And I don't blame you! In fact, having a time out last night might have been what you needed. So, put it down to that, it's done, it may give you a tiny gain, for all of about a day or 2, and so be it... In the grand scheme of things, it's nothing mags! We're talking about a weight goal which you are hoping to sustain for the rest of your life! So, a couple of days is not relevant, do not worry for another seconds about it...

What you need to ask yourself is, are you happy at this weight? Would you like to lose a little more? And if you weren't currently on LL, what would you do to achieve it? I think the answer would be go on LL, and lose those last stubborn lb's! So, treat today like the start of that new decision... And get back on the horse.

You are nearly there, and can do it. This is the best diet for losing those stubborn lb's so stick at it... Think of just how far you've come! We focus so much on that little needle on our scales, moving 1 or 2 down from where it was a few days ago... But we need to remember to think back to where it used to be! Stones and stones and stones up from where it is now. That's the bigger picture! And we changed that... by doing exactly what we're doing now. Doing this diet... so there's no reason why it isn't going to carry on working... it's a winning formula... even our stupid bodies and their water retention can't ultimately fight it... ;)

The diet will win! I promise...

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
aaw, i really really do feel for you huny, it could be the antibiotics it could be water retention who knows? as you know yourself it cant be 2lbs of fat as that is an impossibility on 500kcals per day. whatever damage youv done last night draw a line under it and move on. youv got 3 days to get yourself back into ketosis and then see what next week brings. you were right to come on here instead of hiding as it shows mentally you are stronger. i know in past experience one night sabotage has turned into 4/5 days sabotage so hopefully today is a new day.
i done the exact same a few weeks back when o gained 0.4lb, i thought well if im gonna gain im gonna gain for a reason. it was high carb but next day i drew a line under it and had a big loss the following week. please please please dont give up sometimes our bodies just need a bit to readjust as were not weight losing machines. take care huny and my hugest hugs are sent to you. xx

Oh man..... Poor you!

I find you a pillar a strength... always full of advise and support, reading that you're having a bad week makes me feel sad, but proves you are human and face evils like us all!

You have come SO far!

Take it on the chin hun, you know you're more than worthy of achieving your goal, and you know you deserve it!
It's your turn to accept the hugs and support, I really hope you get through this... and know you will!

I know this isnt very supportive however I just wanted you to know how inspirational you are and that im routing for you to reach your goals! :hug99:

Thanks guys! :)
Your kind words mean more than you can ever imagine!
I'm back on the plan today and WILL stay on it until I get there. However long that might take me.
Looking back at what happened last night I can't help to feel very pissed off at my LLC!
Her lack of interest just pushed me to the edge and while I know it's not her fault I lapsed (I take full responsibility for that) but her lack of support is not helping. Help! I should be getting that from counselling shouldn't I?!!!
I wonder. Is it too late to change my LLC now?

hi magic.... i am so inspired by you and ur posts... you have done so amazingly well.... i cant offer u any inspiring words of wisdom as im only on week 5 .... we normally all look for you for magical words of wisdom hehehe..... i was thinking yesterday how gorgeous your new avatar picture is.... you have done fantastic!!!!!!

Thanks guys! :)
Your kind words mean more than you can ever imagine!
I'm back on the plan today and WILL stay on it until I get there. However long that might take me.
Looking back at what happened last night I can't help to feel very pissed off at my LLC!
Her lack of interest just pushed me to the edge and while I know it's not her fault I lapsed (I take full responsibility for that) but her lack of support is not helping. Help! I should be getting that from counselling shouldn't I?!!!
I wonder. Is it too late to change my LLC now?

Hey mags... I think, this is your journey, and your money, so you need to feel you're getting the best from it...

After all, you're committing as much as you can to it, but the counselling is such a big part, you need to make sure you're getting the best you can there too...

I don't think it's too late to change your LLC at this stage, course not. You do what you need to do hunny... If they're offended, well, tough luck! She wasn't there for you... and although we all are, and are so glad you shared with us what you were feeling, so we could try and help... you shouldn't need to have to do that! :)

Glad you are back on plan and committed to sticking to it, how ever long it takes... With this attitude, you'll be there before you know it... :D

xx

That's the spirit Mags pick yourself up, look at old pictures of yourself and see just how far you have come.

You watch, this next weigh in will be a great improvement. Sometimes our bodies just need to stop and assess the situation when we loose weight so fast. You have lost an amazing amount of weight and will continue to do so.

The past is the past, move on, keep going and think of all the positives you have achieved - there are a great many to choose from!

At least you won't have 2 weeks of a hopeless counsellor to endure, it might be someone quite encouraging.

Good luck,
Kirstie x

Hi, I am gutted for you, I know it must be frustrating and the lovely ladies have said everything I would say. I dont have any further nuggets, as I have only been on LL for 3 week. What I will say is it is awful to hear you sounding so down, you are an absolute tower of strength for so many people on here and you really shouldn't forget that.

As for falling off the plan, hey-ho today is a new day and I must say in the space of an hour you seemed to have switched your mindset which is fab.

As for your LLC, Ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, irratating, seriously what is the problem with some of these counsellors! They should be supportive, its part of their job! Who gives a flying..... about her holiday, she isnt there to talk about her, thats your time! (sorry had a bit of a rant)

You rock baby! Just dont forget it! xx

Right - i'm working on an epic. will be back with you soon.

Back