New Beginning... Magiclove's Diary

:hug99: Take good care of yourself Mags.

:flowers:

oh sorry to hear ur ill mags..... hugs xxx

I've been told to come off LL for at least a week so that the antibiotics can work properly.
I've been told off for not eating properly which I've expected to be honest but I didn't expect to be told to come off it completely! The doc was absolutely adamant that I must under no circumstances carry on until I get better. I hear what's she's saying but I could tell she wasn't the biggest vlcd fan so I'm considering getting a second opinion on that. I'm absolutely mortified about coming off the plan. Even if it's just for a week. I'm so scared of putting on weight and also the fact I know it'll be so much harder to go back on it once I come off for a whole week-10 days!
Oh I don't know what to do :(
I have no appetite anyway. I don't want to eat!
I need advise guys.
:(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Mags,

I think you need to look after yourself first and foremost. If you are unsure of her advice I would ring NHS Direct or even check online to see if there is any information, I would also check in wiht your LLC as I am sure they will have come across this situation time and time before and have the offical LL response and not one that a biased doctor offers.

Not sure this helps, but look after yourself xx

My LLC is in Florida so can't talk to her. I've emailed LL hq and got told I should always listen to a medical professional so basically they're washing their hands off. I had a look in nhs website and it vaguely says that I should take lots of liquids and stay warm. It doesn't say anything about vlcd.
Sigh..

Hey, Hun. Breathe!!

I know it's stressful thinking of coming off the plan, but do consider it very carefully. You need to look after yourself. Feeling unwell plays havoc with thinking and can make everything seem bleak. Remember what you've achieved so far. Just think, if eating helps you get better sooner, that will include feeling better physically and mentally stronger, and therefore really well-placed to nail those last few pounds when you go back on plan.

It sounds like you found the official Lighter Life response less than helpful, which I can understand. But remember you are the adult. You can listen to the advice (patchy though it may be) and make the best choice for you. You are a very strong woman, though you may not feel it right now. Good luck and hope you feel better soon, whatever you decide to do!

Good advice Spangly

Sorry Mags that you are so unwell. Tonsilitis is horrible. I used to get it constantly before i had mine removed.
Spangly is right - try and keep calm. Ringing NHS Direct is a good idea. LL HQ won't contradict NHS Advice.
I hope you feel better soon.
xx

Sorry you are ill..tonsillitis is just awful, I used to get it badly years ago. However, when I got it I couldn’t eat anything, just drank fresh banana smoothies to get energy. I know doctors always know best, but I think they hear VLCD and think the worst. If you drank the LL shakes at least you know you are getting the right nutrients your body needs.. but I am not a doctor!

Take care of yourself and get better soon.. your food packs will still be there..

Hey hunny. Sorry to here you are so so poorly. Its not nice and just after youve got your head back in the right place you have been hit with this. Ive never had tonsilitus myself so i cant comment but i know people that have and non of them can eat anyway due to the pain. At least your shakes will give your body all it needs..apart from the calories.
Once you have found out the best advise my only other little input is if you do have to eat plan out the whole week. What you will eat etc and make sure you get all the stuff you need to carry it out so there are no excuses. Treat this as if you are still on the plan and you can eat healthily and maybe even still lose a little bit of weight you never know! Dont worry so much stress is a bit factor in slowing recovery. So just roll with the punches sweetie this is just another cruel test thrown at you to test your determination to the newer healthier you.

Get better soon Mags

Hey Hun,

I don't fully understand; you get all the vitamins and minerals you need if you stay on the diet, so why is this bad if you have to take antibiotics?

Anyhow I'm no medical expert but if you have to eat could you stick to a diet like Atkins for the week to keep in ketosis at least then you wouldn't have to go through the difficult first few days again.

Kirst xx

Wow... didn't think I needed to 'explain' myself to this extend!
Yes you do get all the nutriens from the packs but you also get only 500-600 calories a day which is clearly not enough to support my body's full recovery.
Anyway.. I have made a decision I'm happy with so it's all good :)
Back on the plan tomorrow.

The doctor does sound a bit biased. But when your body is fighting infection it needs all the help it can get. If your body isn't adequetley nourished it can take longer to repair itself, but unfortunetly with tonsilitis, you don't want to or can't eat, so catch 22 really. I think you should do what you feel is best, and if that is sticking to plan, just take it a day at a time. Listen to your body. Antibiotics should start kicking in after 2 or 3 days and you should notice a difference. if that's not the case, then re-evaluate things. Can I ask what abx your on?
Hope all goes well. your a strong person and you've given everyone on here great advice and inspiration. You'll do what's best for yourself, and that's the best thing to do.

They put me on penicillin this time. It's my second course in a month and I feel drained and weak from all the meds I've been taking. Been having light meals and soups for the past few days as I cant swallow.
I have to say I'm feeling a lot better so I will resume with LL from tomorrow.
Not really bothered about eating to be honest. I didn't enjoy coming off the plan but if it's what made me better then it was worth it.

Let's hope you've turned the corner on the tonsilitis Mags and can soon start to get your strength back. Penicillin was the only thing that used to do it for me too.
One word of caution - try not to overdo it too soon.
Easier said than done I know. xxxx

Thanks SB!
I'm back on the plan today as I feel strong enough.
I will go in to get my packs today and I will pay for a month in advance and make myself accountable.
One month of full abstinence starts today! :)

Good luck, I know you can do it. You are so close to your goal now, it must be frustrating, exciting, but also scary x

Well done mags... you're gonna beat it this month, for sure!! :D

xx

Thanks Hun. I went in today got weighed payed for a month in advance, picked up my packs and I'm ready to go.
The bad news is that I put on weight. The good news is that it's 'only' 3lb!
I honestly expected a lot more so I'm relieved! :)
Saying that it's still a gain. I'm not moving in the right direction. It's a setback but starting today I will start making huge steps forward! Enough of the bs! ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

least u have made urself better hun xxxx

Back