New Beginning... Magiclove's Diary

Mags!!!! you can not leave this forum!!! you are part of the family and i would hate i tif you didnt post here any more :( Im happy that you are happy with the decision u have made, you are a strong intelligent woman and we have every faith that you will succeed with whatever plan you move on to next. you have been amazingly supportive to me and the others and we will always remember that. U are a wonderful girl and a friend. and i wish u all the best. and look forward to reading ur diary of your new journey :) xxx

Hey gorgeous, you sound more positive. Good luck with the appraisal remember to look after you. I remember you advising someone something similar, can't remember the exact words.

So pleased you are sticking around we would be lost without you! Your plan seems to be a good one and wow on te scales!!

Good luck have a fab day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hay mags soo glad your staying on the forum,you've been so inspirational and honest,credit to you.
Good luck on your new journey and fab loss -8lbs,also good luck on your appraisal.
Looking forward to read how you're getting on, and hope I will still get to meet you on the 5th June Hun!
Sexy xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Of course you should stay on the forum. You're one of Lighterlife's success stories - your advice will be invaluable for others starting out. I wish you best of luck with your new plan, it sounds fantastic and it definitely sounds as though your head is in the right place. Enjoy the world of real food x

Our Dear Mags,

Forgive me for not keeping up with your diary. I just read this page and now must read the previous page....to fully understand what is happening.

You can't leave...we won't let ya!! As mentioned above - you are a motivator, and inspiration!!
Stick around please?

Sadly, I really need to get some shut eye but will be reading the last couple of pages tomorrow.

night sweetness
xx

I hope your appraisal went brilliantly today and can only echo what everyone else has said and urge you not to leave the forum! Sounds like you have a plan that is right for you, which is the most important thing. Sometimes the hardest thing is admitting we need to change tack when something isn't working.

Good luck with the next stage of your journey! xxx

Good luck with rtm. I was really really lucky with my llc. I said I was ready to jack it in as I had about 120 packs in house. Well see I don't always adhere to program-oops:). In an attempt to make me finally do rtm ( this is my 5th time at LL and never done rtm) she took all the packs back and gave me them over the last 8 weeks. So I haven't paid her for 8 weeks of my rtm. I felt guilty as obviously she has a business to run but I am so grateful. I know I would have disappeared by now due to the cost and not wishing to buy more packs when I had so many. So llc can use their discretion about packs. I get weighed on Saturday on week 10 of rtm and am now paying about £17 per week. The counselling keeps me going more or less. Hoping that rtm will help you too. Just think after rtm you can get weighed for free and only pay for what you need/want. X

Right!
Finally had some time to come on here and show my face on everyone's diaries. Sorry for the neglidgence ladies.
It's been a hectic week indeed (in theory today is my 'saturday' as I've been working throughout the weekend)
Appraisal went well but I was sad to find out my line manager is leaving the company :(
She is a lovely lady and I think the way she's been treated by her bosses is digusting!
So today is my first day off (out of 2) and I'm enjoying it.
Me and OH spent it together (he just left for work :()
We went to see Fast Five at the movies. Wow! I loved it! Soooo much eye candy lol ;)

Now, an update on what's been happening diet wise.
I'm on a quick rtm now and from Monday I shall start my 17 Day Diet program.
I'm scared but excited at the same time. I need a change and a good loss at last after plateauing for so long now.
I am expecting a slight weight gain at first as I'm not in ketosis so storing glycogen again.
Hopefully once the program kicks in I shall be losing between 1-2 lb a week.
How does the plan work?

Warning! There will be some food talk from now on...

Well, it's a program that consists of 4 cycles. Each 17 Days.
Accelerate, Activate, Achieve and Arrive.
First cycle is very much a protein based cleansing stage where your body gets min carbs and max protein and fibre to kick start fat loss.
So pretty much like LLLite. The only difference is that I can have some fruit as long as I have it in the first part of the day.
If I stick to it properly I can lose up to 10lbs in the first 17 days but I'll be happy with 6-7 tbh.
The second cycle sees more carbs on some days. Basically you have a bit more whole grain, healthy carbs in the morning one one day and only proteins and veg on the other. That way the metabolism will keep guessing what's going to happen and keep going at a higher rate. I should still be losing weight but at a lower rate. That's when I'll increase my exercise even more.
3rd and 4th cycle is pretty much all about slowly reintroducing certain food groups and learning to control cravings.
Very much like RTM on LL.
Sounds too good to be true right?
I think so too but I am very keen to find out as I am not done and I need to find a program that works for me to help me lose that final stone and a bit.
I'm definitely in the right frame of mind. I don't want to eat bad food (I even said no to some Ben and Jerrys in the cinema today!).
I just want to feel less deprived and more calm about my nutrition.
LL was great for me for a long time but a while ago it simply stopped working for me.
That doesn't mean I've stopped believing in it. I know it works but ONLY if your head is in the right place. Mine isn't, so I figured I need to do something about it fast and regain control otherwise I'll start gaining... weight lol
I am more than keen to give this plan a go but on the other hand I miss the packs too. I miss (and I slightly envy you all) that it delivers results pretty much guaranteed. I got used to seeing the pounds coming off relatively easily and I wonder how I'm going to respond to a much slower loss. Can I handle it?
I wish I could find a happy medium and continue delivering results but at the same time I am aware it will be significantly harder now.

Ideally I'd like to find the strength in me to carry on with LL and finish the job that way but at the moment I know that door is closed for me for now.
I'd like to see this part of my journey as a stopover, a change of the route but still heading for the same destination... Time will tell I can can stay on the road lol

At the same time I am killing it at the gym. Trying to go everyday even if it's for a quick run.
Still going to circuit but only one Thursdays now as I work every Sunday this month and still shredding at home (did level 3 day 1 today).
I also bought myself a fancy scales today which tells me the % of fat, water and muscle in my body. It'll be interesting to see how they will work themselves out. I'm trying to stop getting myself wound up by gains or losses in lbs. As long as I keep losing fat and gaining muscle that's all I care about.
OMG I talk like my bf lol

I hope everyone is well. I missed you all :)

Hey Mags, glad you hd some time to post, i was wondering how you were and what was happening with you hun x

You sound like your head is in the right place. I am looking forward to seeing how you get on with the 17 day plan.

Well done on the exercise!

Aw its lovely that you got to spend some quality time with your bf xx

Thanks for the update. Good to hear from you. Will be really interesting to see how it all goes.

Keep posting and keep going lovely x

Hiya mags,glad your doing ok Hun,you def sound like your head is ready for a new challenge,
Also your new regime,sounds really interesting good luck with it,doing fab on the exercise too can't fault ya!
Sexy xx

You do sound so much more positive now hun. It's so nice to see. :)

I'm glad you found something which works for you, and you are right - LL is amazing but there is a point at which we have to reassess whether it works for US. I know in it's entirety it doesn't work for me, so like Hannah I adjusted it. And the most important thing with the 17-Day plan it seems is that your wonderful bf will support you and hopefully encourage you to keep going when it gets tough!

LL can in fact induce a real fear of food and can give problems in the long run if we have a predisposition. I know it certainly did it to me - that is also why I have amended the plan, so that I have a healthy respect for food and have it when I want/need it - but I am neither scared or dependant on it. When we master this balance and the relationship between our intake and how it affects our bodies - we are truly in control. :) And I can see signs that you are definitely ready to take that control and keep on learning to take the next step towards a life with good positive attitudes! You're on your way.

I too sometimes feel that my diary shouldn't be here because I'm not doing the plan as it should be done (I'm not sure I'm even doing it with just 1 maximum 2 foodpacks daily...) But at the end of the day we are here because our friends are here. No matter what plan you're doing - we're all just doing a diet. We're all going through the same food issues, same emotional rollercoasters and exactly the same wobbles. The people here are what's important, not what you're eating or what you aren't!

I am keen to see how the 17-day plans go, keep us updated! And if you can, have a long and relaxing bubble bath... it may melt some stress away.

xx

You sound as though you're in a good place - that's great! Looking forward to hearing more about your 17 day plan, it sounds really good and is a real change from LL but, as you say, very similar theories behind a lot of it. Good luck and bet all that gymming is making you feel fab xx

Struggling big time ladies.
I'm not in a good place at all :(
I'm not handling this transition into the world of food well at all.
I got myself in a right state yesterday going completely off the rails.

I'm stuck ladies. I honestly don't know what to do :(
I really thought I had it covered. The pep talk I got from my bf made me feel invincible and strong enough to do it on my own.
Wrong!!!
I'm completely lost now.
What do I do? Do I stick to it or do I try another diet or shall I go back on LL.
I don't know anymore.
I just want crawl under a rock and disappear :(

Sorry for not posting much ladies.
I'm not in the mood to write..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

I'm a size 12 yet I feel incredibly fat. I feel fatter than I felt before I started the program. What's up with that?!!
I feel gross if I have a tummy full of food. I'm makes me feel disgusted with myself.
I am getting very concerned about my relationship with food.
This just short of an eating disorder :(

I need help..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Arr mags I feel for you hun,what size do you want to be?
I understand what your saying about the food thing,really strange when you start eating again,as I started yesterday,on the quick RTM ( relaunch ).
I'm also writing down my menu for the day and my thoughts after I've eaten,I know it's only been a day for me but I think it will help,something to look back on,when you have down days with the food!
You know you can do it! Give your new plan another go it sounds really good,and have a good rethink about where you want to be and when also plan your meals,then buy accordingly anything low in carbs,you have to be so strong with yourself as you know the weight will creep back on and you don't want that to happen hunny!
Hope you have a good day chin up,stay strong and think positive( get that adult ego state head on woman lol)!
Also hope you feel better about yourself soon,take it as a learning curve and try to focus yourself!
Sexy xx

Last edited:
Oh mags, im sorry ur feeling this way... i had my first lapse yesterday and it sooo wasnt worth it... im no longer in ketosis and i feel like crap! i feel as miserable as u hun.....
do u know if im likely to still loose this week or will i have a big gain? i ate opnly over a 2 hour period. should i do a bit of exercise??? im confizzled :(

Big hugs to u and hope u feel happier soon xxxx

Don't worry gem, I ate for 4 days solid, it was a complete blow out and I still lost that week xf

Mags. That is exactly like I feel. I'm not sure if having a skinny unhealthy relationship with food is any better than having a fat unhealthy relationship with food. I am a size 12 too. I feel massive if I eat, particularly if I know it's something that is not too healthy. Any way hoping u the best x

Don't worry gem, I ate for 4 days solid, it was a complete blow out and I still lost that week xf

REALLY?!!! u still lost??? wow.. how much??? also did u stay in ketosis? i aint anymore:( gotta go thru that trauma again xx

sorry mags ...its ur diary and im being rude and talking over it :s xxx)

Back