New book - HEXs!!

Me too Honey, wish Id never bloody asked now though lol ;)

Thanks Britmum and JimJam! *is flustered* :eek:

Last edited:
Of course everyones opnions count I guess i got stung back in the summer with my food diary (synning half a hex B) I took it to class following advice on here (told in good faith). My SW con read it out and told us all to stick with the rules in the books if we want the best outcomes. i guess we must make ot clear if it is our own ideas and not the SW plan that's all lol xxxxxxx

Me too Honey, wish Id never bloody asked now though lol ;)

This forum is for asking!!

The thing is, as has been discovered, you will get differing opinions on a great deal of subjects, HEX's plus syns being one of them.

If you want the facts and the SW take on any question, then I would ask your consultant or send an email to SW.

Thanks Jaylou x

i guess we must make ot clear if it is our own ideas and not the SW plan that's all lol xxxxxxx

True although it would be really helpful is all the consultants were singing from the same hymn sheet first. I suppose it only goes to prove that it's not a case of one size fits all and that we each have to find out what works for us within the basic framework that SW provides. :)

Well count me as a rebel! I compared the nutritional value of Frylight and another brand of spray oil (which was half the price!) and they were identical but Frylight is free and the other one was synned! I bought the cheaper one and use it as free just like Frylight! Again, Frylight is one of those products pushed at SW and I'm sure they get some type of 'incentive' for doing this. Or am I being cynical, lol :)

I also use a different brand of spray oil because frylight makes me retch. Its actually lower in fat than fryight. Its got the same ingredients but is 56% fat while frylight is 58% fat. Sprays a fine mist of oil in the pan and smells of nothing :D

In the new book it says that any spray which is less than 2cals per spray is free as well x

im sorry the only reason why I no this is cus i use to be a consultant but what ever way works for you then do it.
diole ;)

In the new book it says that any spray which is less than 2cals per spray is free as well x

Ooo. Which one do you use??? I'm put off by that funny frylight smell too.

Well count me as a rebel! I compared the nutritional value of Frylight and another brand of spray oil (which was half the price!) and they were identical but Frylight is free and the other one was synned! I bought the cheaper one and use it as free just like Frylight! Again, Frylight is one of those products pushed at SW and I'm sure they get some type of 'incentive' for doing this. Or am I being cynical, lol :)

Nope I know exactly what you mean. I often wonder if Slimming World have shares in Batchelor's products lol. As I can't fathom how they can have the savoury rices etc as a free food, especially if you look at the ingredients and nutrional information, and if you use the syns calculator on the packet information they do not come out as free, but quite high in syns. I did question slimming world about this as I wanted to see if I could find a substitute here in canada, we don't get batchelor's products here and they didn't really give me a good explanation into it.

I use a different brand of spray oil too, but I have to, we don't get frylight here. The ones I use are 0 calories per spray and make my slimming world chips nice and crispy :p. You can get butter ones, olive oil ones, lots of different varieties. Quite similar to the frylight I presume.

Yes - there are lots on the shelves, and I did try a different one once before, but that had that odd artificial smell too. If there's one recommended it might save me months of trying different ones (they last ages!)

The one I use is a canola oil spray that I buy in bulk whenever I go to Australia. I know that PAM spray is a great alternative (you can get it online). There's a HUGE range of spray oils in Aust, but not so much here unfortunately.

Oh that's odd! The one I use is very similar to frylight in terms of ingredients but I think the main difference is the lack of odour and the spray nozzle. It leaves a lovely fine mist not horrible squirts of globules lol.

Honeyoc - what one do you use???

x

Lucky7 I use one called Pro-chef premium canola cooking spray. Comes in a big 400g yellow aerosol can. It's roughly 20 calories for 3g and 3g is a LOT, about 25 seconds of spraying! I probably use 3g in a week! I buy them in Australia (Cole's) and each can lasts quite a while, about 3 months.

Back