New Book

My class in-between is boxing day (mon) will class be running?! I make it sound like school...

Xx

My class in-between is boxing day (mon) will class be running?! I make it sound like school...

Xx

its up to your Consultant (SW official line is they are open 52 wks of the year) but are people realistically going to attend on boxing day (the day after we've pigged out???)

ohh a new shiny book... wonder if us northern irelanders will have to wait for it..hmmm. I like image therapy anyways so I'll definitely be staying... people bring FOOOD to image therapy teehee :D

for once we will get it the same time :eek:

Our consultant gave us a sneaky peak at weigh in tonight and like others have said you get a tiny more allowance on the healthy extras a and b and tomato and other vegetable purees are free providing they don't contain oil.

woo we are getting the new book too. my c said that it was worth £20 or something, but sure as hell they don't cost that to make, and most of their members are already forking out plenty of cash just to go :p so really its only fair they give it to current members for free seeing as there are only pretty minor changes in it!

We were shown the new pack and told that if you go to class between christmas and new year it would be ours for free :) But, that particular class will just be a weigh and go, no image therapy!

My consultant was hoping that they changed the layout. Does anyone know if they have changed the layout.

We were told that there would be 3 weeks on which the new book/pack would be available and as long as you attended one of those classes you would get it for free. Those 3 weeks start on Boxing Day for us, as group is on a Monday evening.

I will be away that week and the following Monday, but as I will be there on 9th I will still get the new book/pack.

The two Monday's I am away I will be booking as holiday!

We were shown the new pack and told that if you go to class between christmas and new year it would be ours for free :) But, that particular class will just be a weigh and go, no image therapy!
You Said about the image therapy at group ... what do you do at your group as i joined 2 weeks ago and thought it was not good , as if anyone new joins she spends time with them in group say 10 mins then comes back and then talks about what we over eat xmas day and in turn answer , and then i said why do we self sabotage... no one said anything and end of meeting . the first week was to think about a food menu and what you would eat off of it and everyone took a turn at whey they would eat then end of meeting , i'm thinking is this right ?

Don't want a new book :( mines covered front & back with lovely shiny award stickers

MsJMC our consultant does the new members talk at the beginning, while other members get weighed, get a coffee and sit down (this goes on from 7.30-8.00. Around 8, the C then might have some info about SW recipes shes tried etc then goes around the group tells people how each member has done and asks them to set a mini-target for the week, then asks if there's anything that could stop you reaching your goal. Different members may feedback to give advice etc. If you dont feel your consultant has answered a particular question of yours try to approach her after the meeting or email/txt her..... this is the support you're paying for each week. Stick with your group for a few weeks and the discussions may be more up your street, although I guess Christmas is going to be a hot topic at the moment! Hope you find classes a bit better as the weeks go on :)

We don't do any of that , all she does is read out the biggest losser that week and give out stickers to people losing half stone mark .... the group starts at 7 but you can get there 30 mins before but she is talking to longer members just none related weight stuff .... then she weighs people and they sit down and if someone new comes in she talks to them about the plan say 10mins and then talks what i said in my last post it seems i'm wasting my time . My friend said she had stopped going with her as she felt the same , also the woman is big who runs the group .... alot of people seems to be old members and are straying and taking time to get to goal , I think its time I stopped wasting money with her . your group seems to be doing things the right way . Thanks for replying . got me thinking that i am doing the right thing to change groups

Hmmmm. That doesn't seem right.

My C is lovely, really the best one i've had. We have a little system worked out so she can talk to new members while people are weighed in. My friend Anita does the pay and I do the WI's. Then normally both the new member talk and the WI finishes at the same time.

Then she goes round the class talking to everyone individually and we all have a bit of a banter and then it's time to go :)

She goes round taling to each person but its what i said in my first post which takes say 30 mins .... but its not the talk that helps people .
Theres another group I can go too thats huge ...
But the woman doing this group is big .... we have not taled anything todo with sw only the new book she showed us the front cover and said you will get it free between the dates she said .... but not anything whats different about it .

in my experience most of the c's in slimming world are big, my c is still maybe a size 16/18, but she's lost 8 stone on plan..

Personally I'd rather that than the slim woman who did my weightwatchers class, she was cold and uninterested.... she was so out of touch with weight loss (having lost a stone 20 years ago) that she just didn't have the same touch.

Hi I'm new to SW I went for my first session on Monday. I was there for the whole of the session. The C seemed really nice she went round and spoke to each person about their losses, gains or STS's and asked if there was anything that was going to be getting in their way for a loss the following week. This is all well and good if you are not a shy person. But for me that's my worst nightmare I would hate for her to share my results with the whole group and to have to speak aloud in front of all these people I don't know. Do any of you know if you make your C aware that you don't want to speak out that they will just skip you out?

Back