New Books / weights - positive and negatives

I am a bit confused about the medium fat soft cheese, is that like regular Philadelphia if so why is the amount the same as the light stuff? Hugs Crystal xx

What brand of porrige oats are people generally buying? I've only ever had oat so simple but definitely like he idea of 35g better.

Yes I have been converted to the oats so simple but now want to just buy the bog standard porridge oats for the extra few grams! Does anyone know though what oats could be microwaved like the oats so simple for just a few mins or do they all have to be cooked to death? Thanks for any replies. Btw I asked my c today if I could use the sachet of oats so simple (28g) and pour in a bit more to make up to 35g but she said not to (crying boo hoo). Love my porridge.

Hey porridge fans !! Any porridge would be fine, although a finer milled one would seem more like oatso simple to start with, possibly something like quaker oats, tesco value or waitrose basic brand. I've converted my hubby from oatso simple to quaker, but personally I'd have any porridge. None of them need to be cooked to death, 2 mins I'd say.

Plus I dont even measure the milk, just take it from my allowance and any left over is a bonus. I just mix enough milk to the amount of porridge by eye.

Enjoy porridge fans x

Thanks gobolino for that informative reply. So any bog standard oats would cook in the micro for just a few mins then. And yes with regards to the milk, I just take some out of my measured allowance (which has just gone up skimmed) as well. Thank you for your reply

Enjoy it! 35g is great. I've not got my new books yet, interesting if the milks have gone up :)

Skimmed milk has gone up??? Sorry I do SW from home so just picking up what folks are putting on here. So the scots porrige oats would be 35g also? I've read that they're really nice.
Thanks all for your replies.

Lea

Just looked on the website and skimmed milk is 375ml :)

How much semi skimmed milk are you allowed now? X

What brand of porrige oats are people generally buying? I've only ever had oat so simple but definitely like he idea of 35g better.

I usually buy the Scot's Old Fashioned thick milled oats as I like a good bit of substance to my porridge, Sainsbury's also do their own brand of thick milled oats which are nice too.

I'm pleased that the porridge allowance has gone up but also gutted that crunchy bran has gone down, I'll be having porridge more often now I think.

Can anyone tell me if the allowance for normal cheddar cheese has changed from 28g?

I know what you mean I'm gutted about All bran, usally have my 42g every day it's my favourite meal. Also means up til today I have been having too much of it...doubly gutted!

Are these new allowance for Green/Red days too or just EE?

I do SW at home (well I'm restarting next week!) and am veggie so just follow Green days

Cheers

I make my porridge with half milk and water, I use any oats, currently Tesco Value, I microwave for 1min, give it a shake and then another 1min, love it with apple, frozen fruits, banana etc

If you want to see what the contents of the pack looks like, then this ebay listing has a picture you can enlarge
Slimming World Starter Pack 2012 BRAND NEW | eBay

It will be interesting to see what price the auction ends at! There is another pack in a buy it now auction for £35!

I'm thinking of using the vouchers coming up in the tabloids & popping along to a class - to get the new books, stock up on HiFi & maybe a recipe book or two. I recon that'll be cheaper than just getting the books off e-bay.

Its now 375ml skimmed milk -
Just noticed - not all the low cheese allowances has gone up
Cathedral City light is still 42g not that 3g is going to make a bid difference to weekly syns eh!

and SW online seems to have been updated Finally x

Back